• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
And we were doing a fine job of it until this #BuffD3 crap rolled along. It's ridiculous. All I ever see are complaints and pleas for buffs around here, often in the same breath as sound advice.

There's a reason why I only skulk around these parts anymore, and it's not just because I picked up Cloud. I'm kinda disappointed.

Smooth Criminal
Honestly there's been a LOT less of that stuff once we focused the complaints and the actual attempts at development into their own threads. Personally I've just sort of accepted that D3 is low tier and doing what I can with the tools I have, though I may pick up Corrin depending on how much I like her style.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
The problem is that, in the beginning, dedede wasnt that bad, but as patches come and go, dedede is actually getting worse and worse, because everyone around him is getting better and better while he stays the same.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
(cuz lets be honest, if you're really good at smash, you arent playing sonic, as its a waste of talent, IMO).
StaticManny, 6WX, Komokiri (sp?), and Seagull Joe, all very successful Sonic mains, would love to have a word with you. Of which two of them, btw, are actually sponsored, and they all typically win their locals and monthlies/regionals.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
StaticManny, 6WX, Komokiri (sp?), and Seagull Joe, all very successful Sonic mains, would love to have a word with you. Of which two of them, btw, are actually sponsored, and they all typically win their locals and monthlies/regionals.

Smooth Criminal
Clearly, those were totally the people I was referring to and not the bad players you typically meet online.

I do think sonic is kinda brainless, tho.

Last edited:

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Clearly, those were totally the people I was referring to and not the bad players you typically meet online.

I do think sonic is kinda brainless, tho.
No one's brainless. You play any of the high tiers without practice, you're going to get bodied. Yes, some characters are harder to punish at lower levels of play, and some are easier. This is why there's so much arguing about characters in youtube comments and such. Lower level players get bodied by a roll spamming Samus in online lag and think she's amazing, that doesn't mean she's braindead as a character.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just salty that all the "brainless" characters give dedede hell.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
But it takes brain to tell the difference between Sonic's side and down special, it can be tricky at first to tell what they're using and even still is sometimes.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Sonic has a downB?
You mean people don't use it or it's virtually the same as his side special? Even if it's not used i'm sure it's much better than our down b.
it's used less cause you can't shield cancel it. it comes out faster so it's generally better for punishes

Sonic also isn't the worst offender of brainless :4zss:, unless you are playing online

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I have to agree that, if there is no latency, I'd rather face a Sonic than a ZSS. We die at like 50 without proper DI on Smashville and 60 with. I know this isn't the mu thread, but a lot of those kill confirms stop working at high percents. I've faced a lot of really decent Sheiks and ZSSs that just didn't know how to finish the job because their combos just couldn't connect. Sheik's a little trickier because she has a few throw mix ups.
I'm half with Smooth Criminal in that I'm a little tired of complaining, from me and everyone else. It's no use complaining. Soul Train's got the right idea. Focus on what we can do. Put out some content to help us improve personally. Get out information on what should be improved. I'm not saying we need to be all positive and chipper, but negativity is what makes a community toxic and cynical.

TheASDFguy

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheASDFguy
Hey all, I'm ASDFguy, or you can call me Josh (which is my name on smash anyhow), your choice. I have mained DDD since he hit the scene, that being Brawl. Being a kid at the time, me and my siblings joked about how "bad" he was in brawl, so I picked him up and the rest is history. I went to PM for a bit and mained him there, and when Smash 4 hit, I was more than hyped to see his return. I got the 3DS version awhile ago, discovered he was changed almost entirely from his brawl counterpart, and was a bit upset. I stuck with him, Soultrain's videos helped guide me into understanding his functionality in Sm4sh (once I had the WiiU version), and since I've moved into competing. I played ladder until my gamepad broke (still broken, but functions enough to go through the hassle to set up matches) and reached Silver II. I absolutely am bent on playing low tiers and giving them some spotlight, and my love for DDD and his low placement makes me want to prove people wrong. He is the most animated, expression filled character in the game, just as he is in the show and games. No matter what comes of him, I will always main him, buffs or not.

Just a heads up, I don't play the 3DS version anymore, the screen really hurts my eyes. Add me if you want!

NNID: TheASDFguy

Looking forward to developing DDD with the rest of the dedicated mains out there!

(I work about 5 days a week, around summer I start college, but nothing too time demanding. As of now, I'm mostly free and normally available 10:30AM-12PM PST. My hours per day do not surpass 8, so I am around most of the time. Mostly have 4 hour shifts due to cutbacks on hours)

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
So, never properly introduced myself. Hey, I'm a Triple D main from Maine. I play both versions and don't mind sparring for a bit, normally available 4:00-9:00PM EST for the Wii U, 3DS is anytime after 4:00PM. I do have an Anthers but never use it, mostly cause I keep forgetting it exists.

<--------Anything other than that should be over there.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
NewAnyone know a guy called "Seph^"
Thats his For Gloryname plays as Cloud with the Black coat outfit.

And has Anyone came across a guy in For Glory with the name
"VILLIANS"
he often plays as Ganon & DDD

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
So I heard there was a Discord group? I only just made an account yesterday so I'm pretty new to it, but I can't seem to find a link around here...a little help would be greatly appreciated! :D

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Ah poop I thought it was a post buried here in the social thread lol.

So Smash online is down for maintenance. Kinda weird it'd be so soon after a patch, maybe they're fixing the glitch with Corrin's side b?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Anybody have any advice for the bayonetta match up at this point?
with out knowing what you can punish, not really
Nair on shield will just get you hit by USpecial, which leads other well known punishes to death
Bair is slow enough that she can witch time on reaction
Jab 1/2 might be best option as slow as it is in neutral, but I'm not certain

on the flip side her recovery is much more linear then it leads on, easy Fairs and Bairs

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I managed to take a stock off of a Corn by using Inhales windbox to pull him off the stage while he tried to hit me with his UpB.
That felt amazing, he died at 20-something %.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Just had some really cool FG mirrors with a "Peter" from NY on the 3DS. Cool 3Ds always excite me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
The most crazy long and Epic match i proberly ever had
..was so insane and tense...
So i was facing this guy yesterday on FG for very long he was playing Link & Lucina and he was pretty good i was Ganon there was something about this guy he would always live to insane % and i dont know what it was bit i just couldnt read him...

I think out of like 5 matches i only caught him with 1 follow up on Flame Choke to Dair and he was very very good at recovering safely and he must have been a master at DI i think he played mario aswell and he lived to like 160% which is just insane i have never let a Mario live that long NEVER!
And then the next match was Bridge of Eldin i decided to go with DDD i thought if each match is gking to drag out and be like 15 mins long then i may have a easier time winning with D3 Because he is the King of at Living for long.
To my horror when the match started i found that he also picked D3 i guess he wanted a good counter to my Ganon but in game of this many playable characters the chance of 2 people picking the exact same character at the same time was crazy...and just...i dunno...i was speechless...

I was like "ow no..." i really didnt want to play this match up...so i started to Suicide...but...
But...
Then . . . .

I had a thought....
"What if?"

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Sometimes matches like that happen. It is some weird magic that occur when two Dededes meet. It is just hilarious, and also raises spirit and makes me feel good. I once met a dedede and we played a lot of dittos, and had a lot of up b meteors and all of that dedede stuff. I love dedede and dedede people.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
So, I went to my first U tournament that wasn't a small school thing or anything. Not a huge one with a name, but it had some good players. Apparently, it's a place Girthquake goes to sometimes, so maybe we'll meet up sometime. (Edit: Looks like it was ANOTHER Dedede using player named Girthquake. Small world? Copycat? Who knows?)

Got to losers semis, so I did okay. The really good player who knocked me out wanted to talk to me about how good my deeds was, so I'll take that as a good sign. Played mostly pure D3, but played :4robinm: for one round.I really learned to fear :4megaman:from it though. I never thought of it as a good matchup, but never realized just how bad it got.

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Just had some really cool FG mirrors with a "Peter" from NY on the 3DS. Cool 3Ds always excite me.
You seem to be from germany. I am from Finland, and I only have a 3ds, so I wonder if we could play sometimes. It is hard to find lagless opponents, and maybe distance is the issue.

There also is "couldn't connect to partners device" thing which limits my online playing, but I'll blame the fact that I am afar from anywhere.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I've played with MS Ookami for awhile. Mega Man is one of our worst match ups. We have absolutely no method to approach. Leaf Shield absolutely eats Gordo. Even those weak ass lemons kick Gordo's ass. Don't even get me started on Metal Blade into Shoryuken...
Every character's got bad match ups. Whether or not we get buffs doesn't matter; we'll still be at a disadvantage some, if not most, of the time. That's something we all need to accept. Getting buffs won't solve all our issues. While playing exclusively Dedede feels loyal, it doesn't hurt to explore some other characters just to cover your bad match ups.
For example, I've started learning Pittoo, so I can take on Mega Man without getting spaced out for days. (I really like KI:U. Palutena is boring to play, and Dark Pit is a stronger fighter than Pit.) There are just matches that aren't worth the grief, you know? Like facing Cloud. How the hell is it fair that Cloud has twice the kill power as Dedede, but it's six times as accessible? To me, that match is better played with a character than can resist the rush downs a little better.
That's just my two cents on facing terrible match ups.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Hey guys, new Dedede main here. I just wanted to pop in and say hi, because after playing a bit of Dedede, I fell in love with him. He's such a fun character to use, so why wouldn't I pick him up? So I've decided for him to be my secondary, right alongside Mewtwo.
I hope to have many more battles with the King! :4dedede:

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Hey guys, new Dedede main here. I just wanted to pop in and say hi, because after playing a bit of Dedede, I fell in love with him. He's such a fun character to use, so why wouldn't I pick him up? So I've decided for him to be my secondary, right alongside Mewtwo.
I hope to have many more battles with the King! :4dedede:
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here, and even more happy that you've found the hilarity in our king. Check out the stickied threads if you'd like to improve or learn new tech for the king - particularly the "READ THIS FIRST" thread and our Research thread. Good luck learning how to dededominate!

D

Deleted member

Oh, hello there, fellow Dedede players. It's been a year since I last posted on this thread. I haven't managed to browse the Dedede boards since then, but I hope to do so throughout this year. What's up, everyone?

I did, however, manage to create something last month. I forgot to share it with you all as I already posted it in other threads. I'm not sure what would be the best place (within the Dedede boards) for this, but given this is a social thread for the character, I thought I'd give it a go on here.

It's one of my latest works. I've paid close attention to his design and combined some aspects of the Smash Bros. design with the simpler design found in the Kirby games. It's mostly based on the latter, though. I finished it on January 25.

The first variant is the same as the larger image, while the second variant only contains the negative space of the Smash Bros. symbol. The third variant does not feature any sort of background.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Oh, hello there, fellow Dedede players. It's been a year since I last posted on this thread. I haven't managed to browse the Dedede boards since then, but I hope to do so throughout this year. What's up, everyone?

I did, however, manage to create something last month. I forgot to share it with you all as I already posted it in other threads. I'm not sure what would be the best place (within the Dedede boards) for this, but given this is a social thread for the character, I thought I'd give it a go on here.

It's one of my latest works. I've paid close attention to his design and combined some aspects of the Smash Bros. design with the simpler design found in the Kirby games. It's mostly based on the latter, though. I finished it on January 25.

The first variant is the same as the larger image, while the second variant only contains the negative space of the Smash Bros. symbol. The third variant does not feature any sort of background.
While I am new here, I hope it's still okay to say that it's great to have you back. You're art is simply Dededelightful as well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom