• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother Series's Eternal Villain - Porky Support Thread (New Ownership!)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That was legit a joy to read. For somebody who doesn't know Kid Icarus that well, you nailed their personalities. :3

For kicks and giggles, and because I can never resist the urge to write these things, here's my take on a potential Guidance:

:4pit: Uhh, Lady Palutena? There's some kid in a weird robot thing over here.

:4palutena: That would be Porky. He's Ness's arch-nemesis and a consummate troublemaker. Don't let that innocent face fool you, Pit: he lives for chaos and calamity, and he's orchestrated more evil deeds than you can possibly imagine.

:4pit: Evil deeds? He's just a kid!

:4palutena: Evil comes in many forms, Pit. Porky's been around the block more than just a few times - rumour has it that he's immortal, and that he fancies himself as something of a god. He's subjugated an entire world, and his ego is the stuff of legend. He's even built statues in his own likeness just to honour himself!

:4pit: Wow. Sounds a bit like someone I know.

:4palutena: You say something, Pit?

:4pit: Err, nothing! Nothing at all! So, uh, what's the deal with the machine? It's kinda creepy-lookin'.

:4palutena: Oh, that? It's a battle machine built by Porky himself, fully equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry and psychic powers. It's also keeping him alive and healthy, even after thousands of years of being a kid. It's your one-size-fits-all evil genius machine!

:4pit: Neat! I could do with a few extra arms like that.

:4palutena: I wouldn't get too close to it if I were you. Try keeping your distance and softening it up before delivering the finishing blow!

:4pit: Sounds good to me! I think this little brat needs a spanking!

:4palutena: Spankety-spankety-spankety-spankety! Just try not to die, okay?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Really loved both of those conversations, so I decided to go ahead and add them to the OP under their own section. Also updated OP with a few new supporters.

Awesome stuff guys!

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
That was legit a joy to read. For somebody who doesn't know Kid Icarus that well, you nailed their personalities. :3

Thanks, I had to compare it to others to see if it matched the writing style and length, but I'm happy you enjoyed it :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I read both of them with the character voices in my head. It was fun. :)

:231:

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Personally I think Earthbound Porky would be the better choice. His mech is smaller and would be easier to make it a non-crab walking animation. Porky's various alt colors would change the color of his mech. Like Little Mac, he would get an extra eight alts. These have the same mech coloration but they make Porky's skin color blue like in his boss battle. One of the mech colors would resemble his Mother 3 mech coloration. I have a moveset in mind but I'll post it later.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Looks like we have a chance to get Porky with this smash ballot, time to do my bit
*adds and crosses fingers*
Also we got Lucas yay

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Looks like we have a chance to get Porky with this smash ballot, time to do my bit
*adds and crosses fingers*
Also we got Lucas yay
Yep!
Even if the ol' chubster doesn't make it in, I'm super happy Mother3 has its foot in the door once again. Also, Mother3 is in the eShop!! That's AWESOME! now everyone can experience the game. Hopefully we'll get a lot more Porky fans in light of that. :)

EDIT: I'm stupid and Mother3 has not been announced for localization....... yet.
my bad.

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Lucas is in, now that we've got the ability to vote for Porky, NOTHING IS STOPPING US!

Let's gather our army of Pigmasks to swarm the votes with them! Nothing else will appease leader Porky!

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I just voted for Porky, I continue to encourage all loyal Pigmasks to do the same! Also, remember to spread the happy boxes!

Yep!
Even if the ol' chubster doesn't make it in, I'm super happy Mother3 has its foot in the door once again. Also, Mother3 is in the eShop!! That's AWESOME! now everyone can experience the game. Hopefully we'll get a lot more Porky fans in light of that. :)
Whaa? I never heard about this.. please give source or lord Porky will have a talk with you, sir!

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I have a confession... I didn't vote for Porky!

I voted for K. Rool instead. Porky may be my favorite VG character, but K. Rool deserves it more. Also, he's my 2nd favorite VG character so yeah.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I have a confession... I didn't vote for Porky!

I voted for K. Rool instead. Porky may be my favorite VG character, but K. Rool deserves it more. Also, he's my 2nd favorite VG character so yeah.

HOW DARE YOU?! TAKE YOUR VOTE BACK IMMEDIATELY AND REITERATE FOR LORD PORKY!

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
HOLY CRAP! Uh... Hail Master King Lord Ruler Porky Minch!!!

im still voting K Rool cuz ITS HIS FINEST HOUR :troll:

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
HOLY CRAP! Uh... Hail Master King Lord Ruler Porky Minch!!
im still voting K Rool cuz ITS HIS FINEST HOUR :troll:
No he's right you've committed the ultimate blasphemy against our Swine-like ruler.
You must be exterminated.

Nah, but I understand. K. Rool definitely deserves it by now, and I'd rather another villain than Dixie Kong, so good on you.
But personally for me, Porky all the way.

But still we're gonna have to kill ya.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Updated OP and post because this thread is more dead than someone's brother.

oooh kill em
y u do dis, poor Lucas (I hope Claus is an alt btw)
But for something porky related I'm trying to spread the news of king P and got some more ballot votes
(Most used through nice person hot spring but still)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Slightly off topic bump but...
If Lucas could have custom moves (which I doubt he will because mewtwo didn't) what do you guys think it would be

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
It's not too likely, but you can add me to the support group. Also, am I the only one who could see Porky just fighting in his spider mech from Earthbound (Mother 2)? Give him tilts that let him punch or kick while leaning out of his mech, and maybe he can use PSI moves that he learned later. (Or just ad lib some moves. Let him use nasty things like PSI Brainshock.) This would give him the perfect balance of being a gadget character, using natural ability, and even getting some physical moves in.

D

Deleted member

I would like to see this guy with his Brawl mech ( but smaller ) in SSB4. Just like in Crusade.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
It's not too likely, but you can add me to the support group. Also, am I the only one who could see Porky just fighting in his spider mech from Earthbound (Mother 2)? Give him tilts that let him punch or kick while leaning out of his mech, and maybe he can use PSI moves that he learned later. (Or just ad lib some moves. Let him use nasty things like PSI Brainshock.) This would give him the perfect balance of being a gadget character, using natural ability, and even getting some physical moves in.
I can kinda but it's just some of the other things like how will he grab ledges/characters/be grabbed, or how big would porky be in the mech, I guess they did a good job with sizing him in crusade but if the sm4sh team had trouble with balancing Ridley I don't think they would know how to size porky mech.

But either mech or doc ock he'd still be cool

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I can kinda but it's just some of the other things like how will he grab ledges/characters/be grabbed, or how big would porky be in the mech, I guess they did a good job with sizing him in crusade but if the sm4sh team had trouble with balancing Ridley I don't think they would know how to size porky mech.

But either mech or doc ock he'd still be cool
I could see him being about Bowser sized, or maybe a little bigger. And if [the mech] was really wide, just have the mech walk at an angle. For grabs, maybe he grabs by leaning out of the mech/people grab him out of the mech, then when he thrown, the whole mech flies off in the thrown direction for some reason. For ledges, I could see the mech just latching onto the ledge with it's claws.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
It's aliiive!

But yeah I always liked the mech from EarthBound more than the one from Mother3, since it was already used in Brawl.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Earthbound beginnings came out today, maybe that might tempt daddy Sakurai into adding another EB rep if it sells well
(Also I am waaaaay too active on this thread )

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I definitely hope EBB raises Porky's chances (or anyone from the Mother series') chances of getting in.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Hey, everyone! I have a project I've been working on and wanted to share it with all you underlings of Porky.

So, I've been hacking Brawl for a while now, and while most of them have just been personal texture or animation hacks, I've decided to do something bigger and better... A tribute to my favorite video game character, a brand new fighter in Brawl, Porky Minch!

The way I'm doing it was by shrinking Porky's Brawl Model (while keeping Porky himself a normal size) to match the mech's size in M3, and then removing all the new elements of the mech's Brawl design to, again, match the mech from M3. I'm also going to make him a complete recreation of his Crusade incarnation, as I feel that it represents him perfectly.

Go check it out here for more information!

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Hey, everyone! I have a project I've been working on and wanted to share it with all you underlings of Porky.

So, I've been hacking Brawl for a while now, and while most of them have just been personal texture or animation hacks, I've decided to do something bigger and better... A tribute to my favorite video game character, a brand new fighter in Brawl, Porky Minch!

The way I'm doing it was by shrinking Porky's Brawl Model (while keeping Porky himself a normal size) to match the mech's size in M3, and then removing all the new elements of the mech's Brawl design to, again, match the mech from M3. I'm also going to make him a complete recreation of his Crusade incarnation, as I feel that it represents him perfectly.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :colorful:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can definitely see that happening. I remember that, on the forum for the spriting website The Spriter's Resource, they were making a Smash Bros. fan-game at one point, and they used Porky's Earthbound mech for his sprites. While the game was abandoned, and I can't find the complete spritesheet any more (it was hosted on Imageshack, so as of now, it's pretty much inaccessible), but that's what got me interested in the idea of Porky being playable.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

I love it, even though you have to replace Lucas.

Really cool stuff

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
After spending a long time trying to imagine how big Porky's EB mech would be if it were in smash, thanks to inspiration from some others on SB I feel the mech would be plausible and thought up another move set for it

Mech Porky moveset:

I like both of the movesets I have come up with however I feel this one is more likely to be possible for a few reasons; those being the fact that it counters a few arguments hindering Porky's chances (such as him not being unique and him fighting would be too ad lib, these are remedied by Porky not relying on PSI for most of his moves and since he's in a huge mech he will be more inclined to battle with the other nintendo all stars) and provides a completely unique fighter to the table. Porky will be the largest and heaviest fighter in the game thanks to his battle mech sizing at two bowser's long for the body and roughly 3/4 of a bowser for the longest mech legs, Porky will be slow to compensate for his huge size and reach although he has a lot of power packed into his moves which puts him up there with bowser and ganondorf.

Neutral B: charge forward: the B button is held and Porky will brace inside his mech, once B is no longer being held Porky will shoot forward in a similar fashion to Ike's side B however it will have less travel distance but does more damage and has super armour when the attack is initiated, (dealing strong damage at the start of the attack but weaker as the distance grows)

Side B: Porky bot: Porky will eject a bot from the back of the mech and it will traverse the stage and chase down the nearest opponent, exploding when making contact, however the bot can be unreliable as it can sometimes trip before catching it's target and explode, the bot will also explode if touched by another fighter who gets in it's way and the bot travels at a medium speed which gets faster when travelling in a straight line and slower when it turns (the bot's explosion will deal average damage)

Up B: mecha thunder: if B is held the mech will tuck it's legs in and ascent upwards slowly, after the duration of the attack the mech will fire a strong bolt of lightning from underneath and the mech will fall down (like crusade's one), the mech can travel horizontally quite fast but slow vertically despite going quite high, Porky can also be spiked when using the move although when he detonates the bolt Porky generates shock waves which damage opponents touching the mech at the time (the bolt does high damage while the mech shock waves do medium damage)

Down B: PSI counter device: Like crusade's one, Porky will put up a PSI shield which reflects projectiles back at other fighters and also damages opponents touching it, the attack will have slight start lag (touching the shield will do low medium damage)

Final smash: Giygas's wrath: Porky will yell "prepare to be amazed!" And spring upwards out of the battle and a cutscene will play which will depict him landing next to a machine in a dark area with Ness's face on it, Porky will press a big red button and smile and chuckle wickedly before the machine's screen cracks and the face grows more distorted and eventually breaking with Porky saying "behold Giygas!", Porky will then slam back into the battlefield and the screen will have a red tint and giygas' noises from the EB game can be heard in the background and a large barrage of projectiles and lasers will be fired all around like Pit's final smash but doing slightly more damage and Porky can act out of the smash and attack other players like Bowser Jr's final smash while he yells things like "you must really be at the end of your rope" and "gosh you look pathetic!" ("You guys look pathetic if more than one victim is on the stage), after the final smash ends with two large smart bomb explosions the tint fades away and Porky glumly says "over already?"

Taunts:
- Porky will spank himself and say "Spankety Spankety Spankety!"
- Porky will pull out food and wolf it down, this taunt has a 1/128 chance of healing -Porky slightly (min 5%, max 30%)
- Porky will stick his tongue out and make faces

Jab: Porky will thrust a mech leg forward, this can combo into another thrust and then ramming forward with the mech body dealing weak/medium damage

Down tilt: The mech will crouch and Porky will fling a yo yo forwards dealing weak/medium damage

Up tilt: Porky will thrust two mech legs skywards dealing weak/medium damage

Side tilt: a mech leg will quickly thrust forwards dealing weak/medium damage

Up smash: same as crusade's one: Porky will create a ball of electrical energy and a small bolt will circle around the mech twice dealing rapid damage and a strong knockback in the final hit

Down smash: like charizard's one, Porky's mech will slam into the ground causing a large shockwave which has some starting lag but deals high damage

Side smash: the eye on Porky's mech will fire three powerful lasers at the ground slightly further away from it dealing high damage

Neutral air: Porky will generate electricity which does rapid medium damage similar to Mewtwo's Nair

Up air: a mech leg will be swatted upwards twice dealing medium damage

Down air: Porky will slam two mech legs downwards dealing medium/ high damage and spiking opponents, this move will have starting lag

Forward air: the eye on on Porky's mech will fire a small laser forwards dealing medium damage

Dash attack, the mech will stampede forwards dealing rapid damage with it's legs

Grab: one of the longer mech legs will extend forward and open at the tip to reveal pincer like parts to grab hold to victims

Pummel: Porky will lean forward out of the mech and whack the victim with a baseball bat similar to Ness's dealing weak/ medium damage

Forward throw: Porky will attempt to whack you away with Ness's bat dealing weak/medium damage and having average knockback

Back throw: the mech will spin around twice holding onto the victim and hurl them backwards after dealing medium damage and throwing reasonably far

Down throw: the mech will throw the victim underneath it before slamming down and crushing them underneath dealing medium damage and having little knockback

Up throw: the mech leg will hold the victim upwards into a ball of electricity and the force of it disengaging will launch the victim quite high and deal medium damage.

Misc:
Using items: the mech leg will grab the item before retracting back to pass it to Porky and he will use them from inside the cockpit

Swimming: the mech legs will fold in slightly and the mech will bob along the water

Grabbing ledges: the front legs will hook onto the ledge and Porky will sling forwards to attack, sling upwards to jump off and pull itself upwards to simply get on

Being grabbed: for some of the comical grabs like Lucas's one only the cockpit with Porky inside will be affected and when being thrown normally the legs will flail backwards to avoid taking up too much space during the animation

Victory animations: The mech will glow and then fade away in an explosion of light while Porky yells "later losers!"

Porky on foot in front of his mech will chuckle as he throws a Ness voodoo doll up and down and catch it, on the third catch he will crush the doll in his grip and the head will fly off to the side *(f Ness has lost to Porky sometimes Porky will instead say "now who's the cool guy Ness?!", if Lucas has lost to Porky sometimes Porky will say "why not cry to your mommy Lucas"

Porky inside of his mech will see a Porky bot has food that is going to be delivered to him, he hops out tackles the robot away and wolfs down the snack

Alts:
Blue suit with blue mech eye and blue tint mech (happy happyist)
Blue overalls and white mech and grey mech eye (overalls Porky)
Red overalls and blue skin and black mech and white mech eye (ill skinned Porky but with overalls)
Porky bot overalls and bow tie and gold mech and gold mech eye
Mother 3 Porky colouring with pink mech eye
Ness colouring suit, black hair, red mech, blue mech eye
Lucas colouring suit, yellow mech, orange mech eye

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You know, this is really the only Mother character I'd like in Smash if we get any more (Masked Man and Geigue would be cool too, I just find Porky a better choice). Add me to the Pigmask Army cuz I will be casually supporting him.

Top Bottom