• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 3 Translation Is Out!!!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
What system does this run on?!?

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out. Levitas, you should tell people to use the ROM on this site cause it works for me so it should work for you (wow, that sounded like some cheesy commercial on TV). This should help people in not finding bad ROMs

http://nr.emuparadise.org/NewReleas...ry=Gameboy Advance Roms/GBA Roms 2301 - 2400&

Also, if you aren't familiar with the Mother 3 original names and stuff, the original names are Lucas for the younger twin brother, Claus for the older twin brother, Flint for the older man, Hiwawa for the mother, and Boney for the dog. Lucas's favorite food is omelettes and his favorite thing is Love. (I think all of these can be automatically given if you just press the "I don't care" button for all the customized things.)

RyN

Smash Apprentice

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think there is something wrong with mine
I followed all the steps but when I finally open the game in the emulator
It just stays on the page that says The Mother 3 Fan Translation:(
Wat am I doing wrong?
can someone help me:(

Edit: nvm I got it:)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Downloaded it the instant I read this topic, which was about...3 hours ago? I just finished Chapter 1 and fail miserably at combos. ._.

But it's so awesome to finally play Lucas's game, legality be ****ed.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I know, It's awesome, isn't it? Tomato is the best...

Though, I'm not going to be downloading and patching it, I've already got the official game and played it with the translation guide |D

PKInferno

Smash Rookie
Mother 3 is in my top 3 gba games, I'm so happy to finally play it without using a language
guide (since I only know beginning Japanese). Best of the Mother series IMO

Irsic

Smash Ace
Uh, I need an emulator to play this on. I found a pre-patched version of the game to download to make it real easy on myself. <_<;

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I think there is something wrong with mine
I followed all the steps but when I finally open the game in the emulator
It just stays on the page that says The Mother 3 Fan Translation:(
Wat am I doing wrong?
can someone help me:(

Edit: nvm I got it:)
I'm not really sure what you might be doing but these are the steps.

1. Get a emulator (Virtualboy advanced works best in this)
2. Download the Japanese version of Mother 3 (I posted a link on my last post to a workable ROM)
3. Download the translator
4. Read that notebook file included in the zip file for the translator download to see which patch version to you (depends on what kind of computer you are using)
5. Use the patch by clicking on it and then searching for the japanese Mother 3 (make sure the rom file is in the same file the translator patch program icons are in), then apply it to the ROM
6. Within a few seconds it makes a new copy of Mother 3 would show up saying Translator version or something.
7. open it with your emulator and your good to go.

That's all I can think of for directions.
Maybe you might find something that could have gone wrong during that process.

EDIT: NVM, he go it when I posted this... THIS IS NOW DIRECTED TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING TROUBLE (I doubt it)

Trozz

Smash Ace
Playing through it now. Lots of fun so far.
(=

Favorite food: snakes
Favorite thing: hexagons
Player Name: Ness

xD

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
finally, i've can seriously say that i played all the earthbounds!!!!! Man, its been so long, but finally. Take that nintendo, this is what happens when you don't give players what they want. WE BREAK ALL THE RULES!!!!

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Just in case no one's done it yet (Not reading through 5 pages for it).

Unless I'm crushed from above, I packaged everything up nice and neat right here.

1. Run the .exe to install the emulator.
2. Drop the mother3.gba file in the emulator folder that was made when you installed.
3. Then run the .exe in the MOTHER 3 folder.

Whabam.

Levitas

the moon
people that still can't get it should either click my sig when I'm on or PM me. I'll help you until you have it or something happens where I can't.

Edit: seems someone clicked on my sig a few minutes ago, while a maintenance guy came and reset my router. If you wanna talk, try again, it should work.

Trozz

Smash Ace
The story in Mother 3 is crazy good. Way more emotion jerking than EB. Seeing Claus at the end of chapter 1 was T_Tful.

Top Bottom