• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST1) results/shouts/thx - (MOST2) details/changes/hopes

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
YES!!!

Well I finally figured out the whole bracket thing after a "corrupted file" and "invalid format" and reloading and redoing and manually recreating everything multiple times. But it worked eventually as I thought it would. So here we are.

Brackets:
Brawl Singles Bracket

Melee Singles Bracket

Brawl Doubles Bracket

The brackets for 64 Singles and Melee Doubles don't work as images because they were Round Robin format.

Results:
Brawl Singles
1. Clouderz
2. Dynamism
3. Trozz
4. Matt
5. L1b3r4t3
5. O HAi
7. Jumblez
7. Flash

Brawl Doubles1. Team **** (Clouderz + Trozz)
2. Fire Bros (O HAi + Flash)
3. Undamafeated (Daltsy + Dynamism)
4. Teh King Dedede (Jumblez + JoE-Riot)

Melee Singles
1. Daltsy
2. Dynamism
3. jugfingers
4. Saki

Melee Doubles
1. Undamafeated (Daltsy + Dynamism)
2. Marth Charity (jugfingers + Tyler)
3. No Idea (L1b3r4t3 + Inuyfreak)
4. Left Overs (Trozz + Art Zero)

64 Singles
1. Bburge
2. apocolypse_1st
3. Dynamism
4. jugfingers

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out. It was the first time I've ever hosted an actual tournement with more than 15 people, not in my basement, actual predetermined prices, more than 3 set ups etc etc. I had no idea what to expect in terms of who and how many would be there, how everything was going to line up or generally how to run something of this size and diversity in any way other than what I've seen from other hosts and what I use as a layout for the smaller smashfests tourneys I organize such and The Cheap Series. With the cooperation, patience, openness and care that all of you provided and the great abundance of those qualities, it turned out as well as I'd hoped. Thanks!

This was planned because I wanted to get all of the players from BC together and smash. For everyone outside of the main BC scene surrounding Vancouver to come out and show that they too like the game and want to play others and be active. This was very much accomplished even with the huge flaws that showed throughout the function. Thanks for coming out and joining our community. It was great to meet the new faces and see the old faces. I hope to see you all again next time and possibly more often else where in the near and distant future. You're all freakin cool!

Apologies (because I feel it's needed):
In regards to the poor run time of events and making people wait and having over half a dozen people even leave because of time issues, I sincerely apologize. That was almost entirely my fault in not seeing the problem ahead of time and going with original plans, which were in fact plans that I changed to go with at the last second.

For those playing 64, I deeply appreciate your patience in waiting the extra few hours before the 64 tourney so that the Brawl players could procede. You gave time for others to play before you, thank you. For those who missed Brawl Singles because of running so late, I am sorry this happened and Brawl will take a much greater priority in the future events because it is in fact the most significant event. To those of you who endured the wait and didn't have to go but could have, thanks for hanging in there with us. In heinsight, it would have been much different as a whole.

I suppose I should explain (even though it doesn't matter at this point) what went wrong.

Problem:
First, I put melee first and it lagged on the larger tvs, this made us resort to 3 on the side. Brawl, with over twice as many entrants, took less time than melee because of this. And on top of that I foolishly made the Melee Doubles event a round robin best of 5 to take the most time it possibly could have. Secondly, signing up for one event at a time is much more efficient but plans changed at the last moment to mess up these problems that were previously solved when I loaded the bracket program and got little baggies.

Solution:

MOST2

OMG!!!
!

And the way this is simply solved and will be next time. The next Major Okanagan Smash Tournement will change to fit this better. MOST2 will be a 2 day event. One of the days being Melee and 64 events only with possible Brawl friendlies after the events. Melee Singles and 64 Singles will actually be going on at the same time because of the tv limit issue regarding melee. This leaves 3 tvs for 64 and 3 tvs for Melee all day if we have 6 tvs (we had 8 at MOST1 and might have more next time so that could even go 4 and 4) and everyone will be involved with an event at the same time. No waiting at all. And the brackets and sign ups will only be for these 2 events at that time, which is easier for me. Then everything will switch over to Doubles all at once. Very simple and easy making full use of time and set ups without wait or complications in brackets etc.

The other day will be purely Brawl events will melee and 64 on the side if we want or have extra tvs. Brawl Singles, both sign ups and event, will be first. Once that is done, Brawl Doubles sign ups and event. Once that is done, Brawl Crews, which will probably become a regular and main event because it is so fun, sign ups and event to finish the day. With a possible Brawl FFA Special Event after all is done. There will be no waiting, somewhat set times so people wont be confused, including myself, few events so that there is no possiblity for extended waiting and one event at a time meaning straight forward events with little complication for me which means none for anyone. Just like original plans but without the rush and added knowledge of the issues that could arise, this will be extremely smooth and professional. You'll think you're actually at a major tourney run by more than one person ;P

And of course, housing will be provided and we'll have a designated intermission for lunch because some events got delayed from people leaving to eat. If we all go at once, events wont be held up (which caused more waiting), we'll all get to have something to eat (a lot of us including myself didn't eat from 9 to 9) and we'll get to hang out and have a few friendly smashes to relieve some tourney stress (and give the AC a chance to catch up, only a few people found it was getting warmer than comfortable though).

The date will be set hopefully sometime around late November/early December.

Until then, if you have an email, add

inkyjr@hotmail.com

I'm James and I'll be glad to travel and play people or play online or organize smashfests when various people from various places all want to play or hook you up with smash players in your area. And if you want to know about TC6 (The Cheap 6, a regular tourney series I have at my place) then let me know you're interested and I'll send you the details.

And keep in touch. There are plenty of smashers all over this province and chances are someone at this very tournement lived in your area. There are plenty that didn't make it to the tournement that probably are in the area too, and they'll be at the next one so the more play time you get with others the more prepared you'll be when you get to the semi finals next time. :p

MOST2 is going to be like MOST1 if MOST was Nana...then all of the sudden Popo came wavedashing across the stage spamming down smashes and you realized they were the Ice Climbers and they did some crazy chain grab 0% to death combo and you didn't even know what hit you. That's how much better it's going to be. And to think, MOST1 was actually kind of fun... >;^D

Shoutouts:
Kaelen & Tyler - Nice meeting you guys. You were a great challenge in melee. You're good at 64 too Kaelen. Too bad playing Daltsy and his spacies so much over the last month has made me a fast faller killer in melee though. Hope to see you this Saturday again for the meleefest!

Anthony - You're good and getting better all of the time little bro. You and Joey nearly knocked me and Daltsy out of Brawl Doubles in the first round. Scary man! And how did you just instantly become insane with the ICs in melee over night? Like what are you doing!? Dreaming about smash every night?! ;P

Joey - Great to see you do well. With more play time against Anthony, you'll be the one knocking him out of the bracket instead. Stop using Ike though, it's not that I don't like him, he just sucks. IKE!!?!?! IK!??! IKE'S THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME!!! lol jkz sort of ;P

Brett & Taz - That was so intence! Great games guys. You're awesome, glad I met you. And thanks for bringing the 64 set ups too. That was too cool! I didn't think that game had people committed to it without at least a little melee or brawl along with it. You guys are good too, fun playing you and chatting. Thanks for hanging around through Brawl too. My fault for the time constraints etc. It was worth the wait I hope, and I hope to play you again soon. Before you go to Victoria or wherever k Brett? ;P

Steve - Glad you had fun. Keep it up, you're great for your age and being so new to the community having attended your first 2 tournements both here and the week before. You're gonna be good and get there fast at this rate.

Kurtis - Shame you couldn't stick around for more. You, Vic and Mitch would've been sweet to have there for more of it. At least we got someone to rep Mitch (thanks Tim/aka/TMDubs representative lol)

AJ - You've some so far! Soon you'll be on our heels in melee and that Dedede of yours will launch Gordos, and ONLY Gordos D:

Tim - DDAAAALTSSSYYYY!!! Dayum, that was the closest I've ever come to winning a set against you. The finals was also probably the best melee set I've ever played, too bad you did great too. And that FD Falco thing just >>> me lol. I'll get it some day, maybe I'll have to learn a campy dropzone knee style to beat you there. ;P You're too good. And in Brawl, I did bad. That whole Brawl thing was bad for me, the host curse didn't get me in the other games but Brawl hit it's lowest point for me in Doubles. My fault we did so bad and nearly lost almost every match lol. At least we can destroy in melee clicking so well. :D

Armstrong players - MDZ, Zair, too bad you couldn't be there. Iron, O HAi and Flash, you guys are good. I'm still confused on what your actual names are but I can match your faces to your tags. Flash and O HAi, sick work in doubles. I did bad and you exploited that, that's a sign that you guys have some seriously crazy skills just waiting to burst. And Iron, I only got to play you in some 1v1 friendlies but you showed me that you have what it takes to do well. For all 5 of you, (you too I would think Mike and Zair) a few more get togethers with players out side of your crew and those skills will explode. Looking forward to playing you again, I have a feeling you're all going to be great players real soon, maybe even the next time we play.

Trozz - Wow, you've improved a ton since we last played in Vancouver. Either Clouderz transfered the skillz to you in all those friendlies that morning or you've been practicing. Either way, you're getting better every time. Still haven't won a match against me in Random dittos though have you? We need to do that more, every match is a little tougher and soon enough you'll beat my crazy Question Mark with yours! :p

Saki & Dave - You guys are good. Sick melee skills Saki, sick Brawl skills Dave. Sick doubles work both of you. Too bad Ryne missed out on the action. Hope to see more of you in the future, you're one of the closest groups to me and you got some skills I want to help develop into montrous smash beasts in this community.

David - You're freakin good man. In the distant future, you're going to be unbeatable. I'm just glad I managed to beat you at least once and make some matches come down to a next hit wins situation. Everyone needs to lose at least 1 legit 1v1 match in every tourney. It's like a rule, and I plan to stick with that whenever we meet because it's good when it happens. I look forward to playing you online too. I'll also need to play more often than I have and play competitively when I do instead of my usual items FFA stuff if I want to keep up with you when we play again. You're too good for your age and are going to keep getting better, next time though, next time I'll be ready. I hope *gulp* >;^D

Roman, Ben, Matt, Jason, Derek, TJ, Tim, Art and everyone else that I got to meet for the first time or that I got to play for the first time after meeting you a while ago or got to play you again for the first time in a while and everything else.
You're all really cool and I hope to meet you and play smash with you again. Hopefully some of you will become regulars in our community and as our community grows I have a feeling that I'll be seeing a lot of you a lot more. Should be a great next few months and a great next tourney and a great new erra for the smash scene in the greater BC area.

See you next time at MOST2, at another other time for a smashfest or TC6 and maybe some other time. Hopefully that will be soon!

And big thanks to the Xzone and staff for, well, having the tournement at the Xzone and being so awesome about everything that happened for this event to happen. Two things that we really couldn't have been without for this to ever happen at all. You made it possible, can't have a major okanagan smash tourney with no support and no venue. Hopefully MOST2 will be there as well. It's definitely the best venue and staff for it, (expect a call from me Jeff and Rob ;D)

Trozz

Smash Ace
Double Falcon duo ftw.
Flash and O HAi were great. Your random is intense, Dyna. I'll get there soon enough.
>: )

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Jamesies: YOu're so cool for getting all the Okanagan smashers to get together. I am super excited for MOST2, TC6, or even any future STDs or smashfests. I'll catch up to you and Daltsy soon.

Tim: Yo, screw UVic, go to UBC-O or OUC! We need you, man! Naw, but come visit a lot, especially after you pwn the Victoria guys! by the time you come back, I'll be scary good... with like, low tiers... or something sick! JV Five Stock with Pichu!

Cake: Awesome matches; Too bad we were one out of 4th place for Brawl doubles. Stupid Jumblez and JoE! Keep up the practice!

Jugfingers- Dude, we seriously gotta play more. Teach me some sick stuff, alright? You're super awesome.

Saki- You too, we should play more too: your tech is sick. You'll have to come to TC6 or something too.

Jamesies again- GORDOS! But yeah, My dedede will be RAPPE like Dieslow or Clouderz within time. btw, I could only find like, Anther completely ****** Dope's D3. sadface.

Art- Come to more events! I'd love to play you more, help you get super crazy. Fox is awesome, and can be SUPER fun to play as, so yeah. If you're ever coming down to Penticton or something, just... uh... send me a PM I guess or something. o.O

Anthony- Thank god my Doc pulled through: those were some sick Melee matches. Sucks that Matt beat us both in Brawl singles. And daaaamn you in Doubles. >: ( Naaaw, it's all cool. But yeah, I look forward to playing you more: from the night before, I was seriously scared to go up against your IC since you raaaped me the night prior.

JoE-Riot- >: ( @ Brawl doubles. >: ) @ Brawl singles. Heheh. But yeah, keep it up, you're pretty good. KEEEP in mind to keep variety in it. A RAR'd Bair would've screewwwed me since it'd make my shieldgrabbing timing have to learn a newwww thing. But yeah, great matches, I can't wait to see you at more events.

@ Dave- Great matches. Counterpick Zamus if you have too much trouble with my Dedede next time: Dedede just naturally does preetty good against Fire Emblem'ers. Zaaamus... I'm not sure about, but I don't get much D3 vs ZZS experience, so yeah, keep it in your mind. Awesome matches nevertheless, come to more events!

Armstrong Crew- Iron, sucks that we got distracted by the doubles loser finals, rofl. But yeah, we'll have to play more again. O Hai and Flash, sucks that we got like, no matches in. If only I beat Matt, and O Hai beat Trozz, eh? Sick match for third place right there. Wario's noms against Dedede's! MDZ, I'm still waiting on those Yoshi dittos!

Trozzie- WARM UP JOHNZ! WARM UP JOHNZ! Naw, but really, I was warming up, lol. And we got no matches later. Hopefully I'll see you at an event again soon, then we can play some more matches, hopefully without me johning on warming up.

Matt- Daaamn, I don't know what it was. Stupid Pikachu fighting me all day. Naw, good matches, hopefully we can play more sometime. Come to TC6 or MOST 2! By the way, where do you live... if you come on Smashboards.

Clouderz- I wanted to play you more, But I was too focused with Melee. But yeah, either at another SFU tournament or MOST 2, perhaps we can get more matches in, eh? Eh?

Brett and Taz- I don't care what johns you have already: You have to come to MOST2. Teach me more SSB 64. I still gotta get used to using Z for shield since shield grabbing = awesome.

Anyone I've forgotten- Sorry I forgot you, and if I played you, great matches; I don't remember any bad matches. People who I didn't get to play, hopefully we'll have some matches at MOST2, eh? Yeah, you better come back!

I can't wait for any future events, James. Keep things alive here!

Edit: Just a few questions and comments: First, it's Lib3r4t3, not L1b3r4t3. :p I know, it's confusing. Just the 3's/E's and 4/A. I coooould, make it like, 1113312473, but that'd be even confusing for me. So yeah, a nice, simple, Lib3r4t3. <3 When is MOST2, gotta clear my scheduele. My job won't let me take any leaves off in Nov or December. Blaaagh, lame, eh? Stupid Zellers and holiday season, but yeah. And gimme details for TC6, plox. AND, COME FOR MELEE ANYWAY AT MOST2! IT'S A TRES AWESOME GAME! 64 TOO! DON'T COUNT THEM OUT!

ArtZero

Smash Rookie
MOST1 was crazy fun for me. I was there from like 9:30 am to 9:30 pm, and boy was my thumb sore the following day lol. But yeah, you can expect to see me at the next MOST...and hopefully a little more of a challenge :) I'll need to bug you later about TC6 sometime. I could use all the practice I can with actual people. Practicing against the computer and random people online kinda blows :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Ankoku
1. Metaknight (Clouderz)
2. Random (Dynamism)
3. ROB/Olimar (Trozz)
4. Pikachu (Matt)
5. Lucario/Wario (O HAi)
5. King Dedede (Lib3r4t3
7. Various/Toon Link, Lucas and Wario quite a bit I think (Jumblez)
7. Luigi (Flash)

Dieslow
After more than 8 people left because it dragged on so long we had 80 less in the pot but it was somewhere around 100, you'll have to ask mister winnar.
More than anything, you should come up next time ;)

Always remember Trozz, Random is teh Broken.

AJ/Art, melee fest this Sat at my house if you're interested. Just melee. And TC6 will be set and ready sometime within the month along with MOST2. It'll be October(ish) I'm thinking. I'll keep you posted.
Also, Anther doesn't lose, but did the D3s at least come close? Pika is top tier after all. ;P

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Oh, I thought it was going to be complete Dedede rapage. Yeah, Dope did alright. Gave me a few ideas... LIKE GORDOS! No, but really. I reaaaally wish C-Stick wasn't a **** macro in this game: I hate fastfalling when I don't want to, especailly with some dairs. As for the smashfest, expect me there. Keep us posted about TC6. Perhaps we should make an Okanagan smash thread for our own organization too, just like Victoria has one.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Oh, I thought it was going to be complete Dedede rapage. Yeah, Dope did alright. Gave me a few ideas... LIKE GORDOS! No, but really. I reaaaally wish C-Stick wasn't a **** macro in this game: I hate fastfalling when I don't want to, especailly with some dairs. As for the smashfest, expect me there. Keep us posted about TC6. Perhaps we should make an Okanagan smash thread for our own organization too, just like Victoria has one.
i forgot who you were at MOST1 lib3r4t3, did i play you? o_o

Congrats to Clouderz :)

erm, thanks

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yeah, but only in doubles. MAAAYBE like, once in 64, but yeah. I was the guy who took you to Pictochat, and you were all "ewww, I hate Pictochat."

Edit: and if it helps, I was wearing a black Iron Maiden T-Shirt.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
good to see smash alive in the okanagan. looking forward for most2

james: good matches in the loser finals, pokefloats ftw.

tim: had a great time playing friendlies against you, I need to learn some teching abilities and get ***** less in fox dittos.

art: keep practising man you have potential.

lib: what character did you play in melee? I don't really know who anyone is besides james, tim and artzero.

clouderz: ssb64 moneymatch against you falcon next time I see you. no johns.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Pokefloats is my new Mutecity counter stage lol

Well you guys will both be at my place this Sat so remeet then I guess.

And yeah, a thread for us is kind of needed. I've been meaning to put one together with MDZ or just recreat his old thread (it's an Okanagan one in the depths somewhere) but still haven't done it. I'll get one before MOST2 for sure. Wont be playing as much smash in the next while so I'll have time to do other smash related things :D

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I was wearing the Iron Maiden shirt, hanging with Tim and James. The last guy there besides Art, you, Tim, and James, actually. You'll see me again at the smashfest though. I played as Doc, Jiggs, Falco, and Samus, though I could've played you with those or any number of other characters.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
I was wearing the Iron Maiden shirt, hanging with Tim and James. The last guy there besides Art, you, Tim, and James, actually. You'll see me again at the smashfest though. I played as Doc, Jiggs, Falco, and Samus, though I could've played you with those or any number of other characters.

smashfest, when ._.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
moar tournies @_@
Yes.
I host a series of small tourneys at my place. 3/4 set ups, 12/20 people. It's The Cheap series, sometime in October I'll probably have TC6. It's much smoother and quicker with the system I've made over the years and there's pizza for everyone too. Except it's cheap, hence the name cheap. It started at $1 per event originally, the next tourney will probably be all events for $15. This includes melee, Brawl and 64 doubles and singles. If I can get enough of them all.

Then MOST2. MOST1 was an experiment on many levels. Both for me to figure how to host something like that and on the spot changes going with what could be better. Also, to see who was out there to come to the tourney. Success and success so MOST2 will be an actual serious tourney. Like seriously! No screwing around. This is ****in seriously serious! >:[
lol jkz
but yeah TC6 and MOST2 are the tourneys here if you're ever interested in taking another vacation ;D

That was fun hanging out after the tourney. Should've hung out longer lol
This weekend maybe. ;D

smashfest, when ._.
This Saturday, my house. It's only melee though because jugs and Daltsy are leaving within the next week and they're the melee players over here. And it's Kelowna, so you know...far. lol

ah ok yea I know who you are now i'll def have to smash with you and james in the coming year.
Yeahyuzzzz

jugfingers

Smash Champion
im just going to bella coola for awhile with some friends to mow huckleberries. ill be in vernon this year though ill be back like late september early octoberish.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
K I've got details worked out for MOST2 but just need to set a date. It'll be somewhere from early Nov to early Dec. Let me know what works best for you guys.

last weekend of Nov or first weekend of Dec work or should I got weekend after Halloween?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yeah I figured the first weekend in Nov would be best so I might aim for that date. We'll see though. Gonna stop by the Xzone sometime soon. :\

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
wubs jugfingers for being so cute at meleezin. wubs dynamism even more for organizing a weekend meleefest<3 see you okanaganers at either the next SFU or CAST (bamesy, AJ, Art, Vernon crew etc etc). me and dynamism got a partner bond in melee if we both attend the same tournament, but it doesnt look like bamesy is coming to alberta... jugfingers want to be my doubles partner for CAST? :D

when i get around to it ill learn how to delete those posts of me sounding like a deush misinterpreting those "brawl" players at most1.

bamesy i'll either deliver your brawl to your door (if i end up having to go to kelowna again) or to AJ. out of anyone itd be a shame if you were to be brawl deprived <3 cause you hack random...

keep in touch okanaganers and see you at xmas? <3

Top Bottom