• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most under rated characters

HonorBasquiat

Smash Rookie
Donkey Kong seems like he's strictly better than he was in Brawl. He also doesn't have to worry about getting chain thrown and his new dash attack is very good. His bair is even faster now.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've won a lotta battles with Rosalina & Luma against the 3 Lv. 9 CPUs (mainly Link, Ike and Mega Man). Had a few sudden death matches (one of which I ended up getting beat by CPU Link) but other than that, I feel pretty unstoppable with her.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I feel like characters that aren't considered top 10 or top 5 may be the ones being underestimated for the most part. Or anyone being ranked below A-B on that tier list that came out before. However, the most underrated character(s) of all time might very well be Miis. They probably get looked down on or ignored more than anyone else in the game, and there's even some talk about them being banned. For "Taking too long to set up." or something, even though there are probably some really easy solutions to that. Also, most players don't like that they have a sort of mixed bag of other character's moves for most of their specials.

rodroid321

Smash Rookie
I personally think that Wii Fit Trainer is really underrated. I'm maining Wii Fit trainer right now and he is really strong with amazing smash attacks.

tttt

Smash Cadet
:4ness: Ness is underrated. He was buffed a lot from Brawl and even Melee

:4peach: Peache is also underrated, I can see her doing well.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
:4yoshi: has always been underrated, though I'm afraid a lot of people will flock to him just because people say he's very strong in Sm4sh. I always found it fun that I mained Yoshi in all the games because he is such an underrated character and widely believed to be a bad character to play as, especially in Melee.

Also :4ganondorf: because people always mark him off as bad because he's so slow, but you just gotta adapt to it and truly unlock the true potential to his power.

Last edited:

Ian095

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eponian
3DS FC
0473-7759-5302
I have yet to go up against someone online who also uses Bowser, besides someone who started playing as him too because I kept beating him... There is quite a few characters that frequently appear to be used online one character that seems non existent is Mr Game & Watch and no wonder I played as him and he is definitely not as good as he was in Brawl.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Underrated chars: Shulk, Ganondorf, WFT, Palutena and the Pits.

Chars I see so much I think you guys are bs'ing me right now: Lucina, Lucina, Lucina, Lucina

Chars I use: Yoshi, Greninja, Mario, Ganon, and the Pits.

Last edited:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Ness is so much better than he was in Brawl and Melee, WFT trainer also doesn't seem to be too popular, but I think she is really good. A lot of her attacks hit both sides of her and her smash attacks are really strong, plus she's fast and has some ranged attacks, she's very well rounded

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
WARIO!!! WAH!! I've run into nearly 0 Warios in For Glory, but have been absolutely wrecking with him myself!

I mean, he can wheelie, and taunt while riding his motorcycle, and K.O with farts... He is a dream

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Ness and Peach definitely seem better than people give them credit for. And ROB. I just starting messing around with ROB and he feels much, much better than he was in Brawl.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Its Paletuna and Wii fit trainer probably charizard as well.Unquestionably.
Constantly hear negativity towards them but I know Charizard holds it down, Paletuna as well. I can't see Wii fit trainer as lacking.

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Lucina and Link seem a bit underrated to me. I love Link in this game, but that doesn't seem to be the most popular opinion.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I definitely think Falco is a bit underrated, everyone seems to think he's crap, but he's still got a lot of good stuff.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The fact that no one is even mentioning R.O.B. makes him the most underrated.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I have seen...
:4pit:x 0
:4darkpit:x 1
:4villagerf:x 1
:4wario2:x 0
:4falco:x 0
:4jigglypuff:x 1
:4pikachu:x 0
All my other encounters have been Robins, Little Macs, Lucinas and Shulks.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:Wii fit Trainer Without a doubt.. 1 of the best characters in the game (imo) that not many people seem interested in testing. I assume I rarely see them played online unlike mac/bowser because there isn't any major tourney/ lab footage of WFT yet. Or maybe people just don't like how the character feels/looks. Anyways, WFT is extremely Mobile,Evasive,Powerful and has really good combo game. They have really good air game and multiple spikes (1 being falcos melee/brawl spike). I hope to see more of this character in the future.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
WARIO!!! WAH!! I've run into nearly 0 Warios in For Glory, but have been absolutely wrecking with him myself!

I mean, he can wheelie, and taunt while riding his motorcycle, and K.O with farts... He is a dream
You an me both brudda. I feel like every time i bring wario out people think im joking because until i start "The Combo" they kinda goof off and do the whole slow-walk thing like they expect me to not be able to face them. My wario doesnt lose much, and usually my deaths are because i botched my recovery lol

Cura

Smash Rookie
NNID
Delta17
3DS FC
3609-2093-3761
I don't see a lot of Bowser Jr. or Ike users online.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I've only seen one Bowser Jr, which is strange because I'm pretty sure he was a very hyped character.
To be fair, Ike is mediocre in the game. (Much to my dismay) All the other hevyweighs got buffed but him, and Shulk eclipsed Ike as Smash's resident BFS user.

Lack of BJ confuses me. One would thonk people would play as a fun, highly wanted newcomer.

Also, where the Pikachus and Pits at?

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
Wow! No one has mentioned :4bowserjr: yet?!

He is a madman in the right hands! I wish I were better with him; played someone maining him last night and got owned hard!

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
To be fair, Ike is mediocre in the game. (Much to my dismay) All the other hevyweighs got buffed but him, and Shulk eclipsed Ike as Smash's resident BFS user.

Lack of BJ confuses me. One would thonk people would play as a fun, highly wanted newcomer.

Also, where the Pikachus and Pits at?
I know right? During the demo, I was sure it would be flooded with Pikachus. Also, it seems nobody online ever takes interest in Pit :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom