• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Technical Character

Who is the most technical character?

• Total voters

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
People that say that Ryu is the most technical char. because they don't know about how hard is Shulk to master, Ryo is difficult because a lot of inputs, But defenitely Shulk is LOT harder
I'll agree that Ryu isn't as technical as he seems, but Shulk is honestly really easy to pick up imo. All you need to know is what monado arts to use when.

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
I'll agree that Ryu isn't as technical as he seems, but Shulk is honestly really easy to pick up imo. All you need to know is what monado arts to use when.
Yes! Shulk is easy when you play him easy, Like a 4 glory Shulk that only changes to buster and speed and n-air all the time, and change to shield to survive, But have you seen MALLC? Its so hard, Shulk has a lot of advanced techniques and that why he is hard to master, Without this, Shulk would be less hard and easy, I recommend you to see videos about Shulk advanced techniques like MALLC or MADC I think.

Last edited:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Yes! Shulk is easy when you play him easy, Like a 4 glory Shulk that only changes to buster and speed and n-air all the time, and change to shield to survive, But have you seen MALLC? Its so hard, Shulk has a lot of advanced techniques and that why he is hard to master, Without this, Shulk would be less hard and easy, I recommend you to see videos about Shulk advanced techniques like MALLC or MADC I think.
I have seen MALLC. Execution is EZAF. I tried it with my Sheik controller setup and it's easy to do. It doesn't even have a crapton of application either because Nair and Fair have too short of a landing lag to benefit from such a tech.
His remaining aerials: dair, bair, and u-air, all have problems making them usable with this tech. Dair is virtually useless because it only works on landing, u-air can probs be used for juggles, but only extending it one move as you would have to remove your monado art to do the tech again, and bair, although definately the most viably used, doesn't (imo) have as good frame data as nair or fair. Bair is still debatable tho. I don't main shulk so I can't claim to know how effective the one is. Still, one major issue arises. You have to reset manado to neutral to continually use this tech.This is extremely dumb and quite frankly promotes less usage of this tech.
I have also seen MADC as well. Although it has more application, it's still kinda eh due to the problem stated above. And then you realize that sheik virtually has these EXACT same techs but work better because she doesn't have to reset to neutral madado. In many ways it's even better other than that. The tech's I am referring to are sheik's instant needle cancels. You can argue that instant needle cancels don't actually continue combos, but that's of almost no consequence because Sheik doesn't NEED help making combos longer. Fair strings and f-tilt locking work just fine on their own (with a plethora of other comboing tools that I don't really need to go into). INCs start these combos that rack up a clean 30% each. INCs are also faster than MADC and MALLC too, aswell as the fact that INCs can be used as movement tech aswell. Add in the fact that you can C-bounce into INC and it becomes an even better tech than MADC and MALLC could ever be.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Technical as in amount of inputs required to bring out chars full potential?

Yeah its not even close. Ryu easily requires the most inputs and technical finesse. Prolly him and Sonic.

A BASIC requirement for Ryu is to know when to NOT hold a button 1 frame longer lest you get a hard tilt vs a weak tilt. lol. Dude has pressure sensitive attacks.

Come on now.

Last edited:

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
I have seen MALLC. Execution is EZAF. I tried it with my Sheik controller setup and it's easy to do. It doesn't even have a crapton of application either because Nair and Fair have too short of a landing lag to benefit from such a tech.
His remaining aerials: dair, bair, and u-air, all have problems making them usable with this tech. Dair is virtually useless because it only works on landing, u-air can probs be used for juggles, but only extending it one move as you would have to remove your monado art to do the tech again, and bair, although definately the most viably used, doesn't (imo) have as good frame data as nair or fair. Bair is still debatable tho. I don't main shulk so I can't claim to know how effective the one is. Still, one major issue arises. You have to reset manado to neutral to continually use this tech.This is extremely dumb and quite frankly promotes less usage of this tech.
I have also seen MADC as well. Although it has more application, it's still kinda eh due to the problem stated above. And then you realize that sheik virtually has these EXACT same techs but work better because she doesn't have to reset to neutral madado. In many ways it's even better other than that. The tech's I am referring to are sheik's instant needle cancels. You can argue that instant needle cancels don't actually continue combos, but that's of almost no consequence because Sheik doesn't NEED help making combos longer. Fair strings and f-tilt locking work just fine on their own (with a plethora of other comboing tools that I don't really need to go into). INCs start these combos that rack up a clean 30% each. INCs are also faster than MADC and MALLC too, aswell as the fact that INCs can be used as movement tech aswell. Add in the fact that you can C-bounce into INC and it becomes an even better tech than MADC and MALLC could ever be.
Well, MALLC has many uses in n-air and f-air and even more with b-air, also in d-air MALLC have pretty much a lot of uses, believe me, it can combo or even jab reset I think, Yeah I also main Sheik, She is my 2nd and I know she is so difficult to master and she has a lot of advanced techs. She is also very technical, but I do a lot of C-Bouncing in training mode I never use this tech in battle, I will use this more often, and MALLC (for me a lot of people) is the hardest tech to master and always get the timing for the art to activate and don't get punished, but don't get me wrong for me Shulk is the hardest to master and 2nd Sheik. For me Ryu is not that hard, because at the beginning I labed him and also played a bit SF and, why Sonic, Emblem Lord? I have only met with side-b Sonic, So I don't know what are you talking about

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I just feel to fully master Sonic you need to master all his cancels and JC's and movement options. He is an intensive character. Shulk is hard to master due to a few advanced techs but his actually gameplay is fighting game fundamentals 101. Outspace your opponent. His combos and what he wants to actually do is not technically intensive like Ryu.

Last edited:

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
I just feel to fully master Sonic you need to master all his cancels and JC's and movement options. He is an intensive character. Shulk is hard to master due to a few advanced techs but his actually gameplay is not fighting game fundamentals 101. Outspace your opponent. His combos and what he wants to actually do is not technically intensive like Ryu.
Mmm, Don't get me wrong but I think Ryu is not that hard and he is slow, Shulk for me is the hardest character not only for MALLC, Also to win he is hard because of his bad frame data that can be repaired his landing lag by MALLC, Also for me Ryu is good but I do the shoryuken and haddoken with timing and even main him, and the combos only the footstool ones are hard, Well Also I haven't seen more combos of Ryu than the footstool ones lol. I have played Shulk for like 6 month I not even close of getting the half of his true potential, But I think it is close for someone to master him, Yeah Ryu is also hard but I don't feel like he is the hardest one

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Being hard doesnt mean technical though. Technical measures how much you have to do with the character physically to tap their potential. I mean you need to master inputs just for Ryu to be viable in tournaments. He has an inherent ability no one in the game has. Even if he isnt the most technical, he is top 3 easy.

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
Being hard doesnt mean technical though. Technical measures how much you have to do with the character physically to tap their potential. I mean you need to master inputs just for Ryu to be viable in tournaments. He has an inherent ability no one in the game has. Even if he isnt the most technical, he is top 3 easy.
Yeah Sorry for that, Hard doesn't mean technical my b, Yes Ryu is top 3 easy, even with easier inputs. And for Shulk, You MUST master or do it casually the techs and know about Shulk MArts or only MALLC to win

Last edited:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Yeah Sorry for that, Hard doesn't mean technical my b, Yes Ryu is top 3 easy, even with easier inputs. And for Shulk, You MUST master or do it casually the techs and know about Shulk MArts or only MALLC to win
MALLC has applications but they aren't even close to being required to win. It's not even close to essential because the times when you are actually changing manado arts are few and far between. The manado arts situational, and don't take too much to master when and where to use each one.

Top Bottom