• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Satisfying / Most Frustrating Online Experiences?

sweq32

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sweq32
Most Frustrating: Had a For Glory match with a Robin that I just could not beat. I felt so helpless and I was on the verge of going insane. He just spammed his projectiles and occasionally rushed in, but I was fuming too much to do anything effective by the 5th match with him.

Most Satisfying: Landing a Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch always makes me feel happy.

Ragemos

Smash Rookie
Most satisfying: On release day, 1st time playing as Robin against a pretty good Pikachu in FG. Both of us down to 1 stock. I had 110% dmg and Pikachu had 50% Pikachu. We're near right ledge and Pikachu grabs me and throws me left (I guess accidentally) I float back and Up B, he flies right and tries to edge guard. I land then dash and quickly grab ledge, he then grabs ledge and bumps me out, I back air, he accidentally recovers right then left, I jump off ledge and Up B him, GAME SET.

Most frustrating: Right after the Pikachu fight, I play as Robin again against a Link. He creamed me by spamming arrows and bombs, he was an ok player tho. My fault mostly, for making bad reads.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Somehow getting stuck in the pre-match training lobby and the only way to exit is to completely shut down your system is also quite irksome

Last edited:

Imposer

Smash Rookie
Most Satisfying
Playing a Team For Fun match and finding out that we both chose Ganondorf. We won in Sudden Death when I KO'd both of them with one attack after one took out my team mate.
Charging up Lucario's B and waiting patiently for the enemy DK to drop down in Sudden Death (300% Aura Damage Boost!)

Most Frustrating
Getting flipped off the stage twice by Bowser in For Glory
Going up against Little Mac in For Glory for my first two times

BBC7

Smash Ace
I played this one Samus that would just charge up his/her shot, then spam roll for the whole fight until I lose my patience so that he/she could punish me. I was just about to beat him/her too until the game suddenly lagged the moment he/she let out her fully charged shot. Yeah, real subtle.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Satisfying: Winning mirror matches. Cuz that's most equal. Beating anyone while playing as Mega Man. He's not a main, but he's too fun when I use him. Also beating anyone who thinks they're badass with flashy moves and spam attacks.

Frustrating: When moves perform something else that I didn't do and it costs me a stock/the match. Also Little Mac players. It's not the challenge of beating them, which I have, it's the fact that we know exactly why they choose Little Mac and think their runing side smash is the best move ever. Just stop and get some skill, please.

Secret Sexytime

Smash Rookie
My most satisfying and frustrating match is the same match actually. I was playing G&W and got matched against an insane Greninja. In the time he used to take my first stock I only gave him 10 %. But after I respawned I managed to get a grab in(He still had only 10 %), dthrow and judge. Got a 9, he died. I laughed my ass off. Still lost, but I didn't even care.

LipePereira

Smash Cadet
NNID
LipePereira
satisfying: jigly suicide sleep kill (dumb idea, but it was fun)
frustrating: pressing forward b with lil mac instead of forward a because of my stupid fat fingers and dying ¬¬

Last edited:

pinkhairedprotagonist

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9004-1386
The most unsatisfying thing to me is getting destroyed by someone playing as your main, but at least it teaches you a lot

Daryl

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-1886-6962
Satisfying : knock out littlemac when he has K.O. on by using counter with Shulk

Frustrating : Everytime I try to recover with up B, end up messing with side B and falling..

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Was just playing this ZSS who was doing a pretty good job of bopping me around the stage. Every single time she killed me or knocked me out of view of the screen, she'd taunt, either expecting me to be dead, or just to annoy me. I was at around about 180% and she was about 89% both of us at our last stock.

I managed to get my ground on centre stage and knocked her into the air. I was sure there was no way I could come back from this, but lo and behold, I managed to sneak in a charged up smash, sending her flying into the background. Taunting has never really been my thing but...
*Cue Pit's down taunt.

Last edited:

BionicKraken

Smash Rookie
Rather than trying to explain it, here is a phone quality video of one of my most satisfying matches

Landing that PK flash then the footstool to take the last stock was gratifying to say the least

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
-Most Satisfying experience
Killing :4greninja: offscreen with :4wiifit:'s ball.
In all GIF glory.

-Most Frustating experience
Against one Rosalina. I felt like she only knew two thing: Grab and Dash attack. But no matter what I did, I couldn't dodge the dash attack, and when I tried to shield it, grab.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
There was one match that was amazing. I had reverse falcon punched the guy for the first stock and then down throwed to Fair the next.
So satisfying.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I'm beating so many damn people online today. Can I get some challenge please. I'm like the best Ness online. Anyone wanna try me? I just have a few things I gotta practice on. I just hate meeting switchers, cowards and Robin/Shulk.

Freikugel

Smash Rookie
(First post here. Like, ever. Seriously.)

Most satisfying: I score plenty of double PK Flash kills when teamed up with characters who are good at walling (Lil Mac, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf). One time, I straight-up caught Ike mid-side special with a fully charged Flash. Rosalina sent a DDD flying into my Flash, which was intended for Bowser. On the whole, PK Flash kills are just something worth down-taunting for. ;p

Most frustrating: I faced this really tough duo of a Japanese DDD and Bowser. Their size and synergy made it hard to control the battlefield, recover, and overall hampered my mobility. I couldn't say no to the challenge, either (they eventually quit). When I began playing Shulk, I had to sacrifice a lot of my dignity and win percentage to train against actual humans. It was a necessary evil.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Most satisfying thing for me so far I was playing for glory and fighting a robin user with little mac i couldn't get in for a long time then i kinda change my tactics and even used some bad air moves and won through the projectile spam.

Most frustrating thing so far losing to campy playstyles i hate when it happens but i try to learn from my mistakes haven't raged at the game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Most frustrating thing I've delt with was a scrubby Mac who got an early KO on me. But I made the comeback, so...

Best experience would be winning against this pro Samus by simply holding out my reflector a second longer for both KOs. First time was completely dumb luck, and the second time was me just praying he'd do it again.

Niko Jims

Smash Rookie
Playing Ganon in FG for the first time, going up against a Sonic, and winning on a Ganon juke punch. Felt amazing since he knew somewhat how to play and I had never touched Ganon besides for a few minutes before going into FG.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Today I did a team for glory match, I picked Ness and so did my partner. We were against a Bowser and a ZSS, so it didn't look too good at first but we did pretty well and got into a sudden death. The other Ness PK Fire'd the ZSS and I PK Fire'd the Bowser and we grabbed them and threw them off the stage at the same time and won within the first few seconds, I thought it was pretty cool

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Most Satisfying: Playing against a very, very good Greninja in For Glory with one stock left and about 150% damage, while my opponent had two stock and about 90% when I took him out with ZSS up b. He reswpans, I knock him to the ledge with about 30%, as he is coming back up, I down A him at the perfect time, sending him meteoring off the stage and I won. Was very happy about that one.

Most frustrating: getting beat by move spammers. It is one of the few things in this game that really gets under my skin.
Hah funny. My one is similar to this except the reverse characters around. And mine kept getting better in rematches.

Played as Greninja as usual, against an amazing Zamus. Straight away they just started comboing me to bits. I was completely outclassed. I was thinking it's the best player I've ever come across so far.

So he kills me knowing I'm no match for him and has only a bit of damage. I keep going and receive high % on my last stock but finally manage to get a kill on him, but I'm almost dead.
Then he re-spawns, I resort to camping and spamming projectiles. He's near the edge when I start laying shurikens into him, and one hit's him enough to fall over the edge.
Because of the hitstun he didn't grab the ledge, but I think he thought he would autograb it and decided to be tricky and drop from the ledge. But pressing down when he didn't latch onto it just made him fast fall to his death.

The next game started instantly, I could tell he was pissed off by how quick it was. Straight away he jumps his Zamus off the edge and loses 1 stock as like a "f*** you, I'm better than you" message, thinking he can easily two stock me.

I took that as a challenge and absolutely played the best I've ever played online. With some lucky predictions and pinpoint off stage edgeguarding I killed him before he even took my first stock. So I ended up officially two stocking the player I thought was the best I've ever played, and who thought he could two stock me.

Then there was another rematch. He did the same, killed himself at the start. Then this time he killed me first and nearly a second time, but I still got 3/3 wins. He left after that (or broke his 3DS in rage, I'm not sure which).

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Frustrating: Losers who switch to Bowser after I beat them so they can try to get a lucky win.

Satisfying: Wrecking them afterwards.

Top Bottom