• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Satisfying KO's

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
We all know the satisfying feeling we get when we get the KO with Falcon. whether its a raptor boost, falcon punch, knee, etc.

Which one feels the most satisfying to you?

My favorite is spiking someone in the air with Raptor boost. It's kind of tricky to pull off, the opponent has to be right under you. But my god, feels so good.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Exploding Falcon Dive feels DAMN good when it's pulled off, because chances are they'll be KO'ed if their Damage Meter is 80% or higher from either ledge side area respectively.

Other than that I can always be satisfied with a WaveBounced Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
There are so many, haha. The Axe kick is really up there, yeah, but landing a knee of justice or an aerial Raptor Boost spike is so awesome.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sacred Combo (if it can be achieved in Smash 4).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Uair to Knee feels good in general because of how everything chains naturally and how Meleeish it feels. No airdodge, no aerial, no DI, no escape. Just a free KNEE to the face.

Killing someone with a goddamn gentleman at 170% on the edge of the stage is the most satisfying kill in a way lol.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
Uair to Knee feels good in general because of how everything chains naturally and how Meleeish it feels. No airdodge, no aerial, no DI, no escape. Just a free KNEE to the face.

Killing someone with a goddamn gentleman at 170% on the edge of the stage is the most satisfying kill in a way lol.
I still can't manage to pull off an Up air to knee.
How exactly should I be hitting the upair for the knee to land for free?

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Spiking with the falcon kick offstage is always a blast, though on the last stock it tends to produce ragequits. :p
A stage spike with the reversed falcon punch is also extremely fun to watch, though most of my attempts ended in failure cuz of the precise spacing required D:

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
Spiking with the falcon kick offstage is always a blast, though on the last stock it tends to produce ragequits. :p
A stage spike with the reversed falcon punch is also extremely fun to watch, though most of my attempts ended in failure cuz of the precise spacing required D:
I gotta try that reversed falcon punch. It's gonna take some definite practice for sure

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
You know, you uair people all day, then you jump into them expecting the airdodge, wait patiently for the airdodge cooldown and hit them with a glorious, perfect, beautiful knee to the kidney.

Very low-percent near the edge fsmash KOs are very satisfying as well.

But, as much as I love the two examples above, nothing will ever beat the good old Falcon Punch. Ultra hard read, rest punish, bad/predictable recovery punish, they're all awesome in their own right.

Dinotard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Onehardtard
3DS FC
2766-8060-2134
oh yes The good ol reliable Falcon punch.
I watch this almost every day in the hopes that My punch would be this epic.

Last edited:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Has anyone else realized how easy shield breaking is in this game? Four different times since this game's release, I've pulled some RAR- Reverse Falcon Punch shenanigans and have broken shields with it. People have difficulty knowing which way to roll against it and panic, so they just end up blocking after the first roll. Shield almost always breaks on hit if you did something even remotely close to Nair > double jump > (RAR) Reverse Falcon Punch.

Of course, it isn't something anyone should be abusing by any means... it's still really funny to land it in certain match-ups where you know you won't get zero-to-deathed for trying it.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
My favourite by far is stage spiking via back air. It gives me an incredible "Oh yeah, I gotcha!" moment. xD

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
My favourite by far is stage spiking via back air. It gives me an incredible "Oh yeah, I gotcha!" moment. xD
That is even consistently easy to do, against some characters! So good :) unless they know their teching, of course.

No but the lightning impact from the punch was good enough for me.
the lightning impact from the punch
lightning impact
LIGHTNING IMPACT
Holy crap I think I just figured out where that new lightning you're-about-to-get-KO'd sm4sh effect came from!

Vangoro

Smash Rookie
I LOVE getting those Knee kills, Raptor Boosts come 2nd, and air falcon punch kills are awesome as well. :p

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
As much as I enjoy spiking with raptor boost, I rarely mean to do it. I typically intend on recovering and they happen to get in the way of my fist haha! But the knee is by far the most satisfying, followed closely by a turn around PAWNCH!

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Side B > Jump > KNEE OF JUSTICE.
Please tell me you're not using Raptor Boost as a combo starter... It's such a good killer when fresh :(

I love doing that combo out of a bounced dair, though. When it connects, it's the best feeling in the world :D

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I think my favorites are comboing, reading a airdodge or getup jump into a Knee, Dair/Utilt spiking, or a weak hit knee offstage to another Knee or Upspecial but that's rather unsafe :p

Also, one of the coolest KO's i have seen was when i played Falcon dittos against @ Trifroze Trifroze yesterday.
I did the Upspecial below the stage thinking it was a safe stage spike, but then he managed to techjump it to where i was after the Upspecial and Knee me.

It was satisfying even to me who got hit by it, so i can only imagine how it would feel to do it.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I think my favorites are comboing, reading a airdodge or getup jump into a Knee, Dair/Utilt spiking, or a weak hit knee offstage to another Knee or Upspecial but that's rather unsafe :p

Also, one of the coolest KO's i have seen was when i played Falcon dittos against @ Trifroze Trifroze yesterday.
I did the Upspecial below the stage thinking it was a safe stage spike, but then he managed to techjump it to where i was after the Upspecial and Knee me.

It was satisfying even to me who got hit by it, so i can only imagine how it would feel to do it.
Please PLEASE tell me you guys recorded a replay ._.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
@ BigLord BigLord I started saving some of the replays of the matches we had later on but unfortunately i think i didn't save that one. Maybe Trifroze has it!

Next time i have some Falcon dittos im gonna see if i can manage to do it myself :p

Last edited:

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
@ BigLord BigLord I started saving some of the replays of matches we had later on, but unfortunately i didn't save that one but maybe Trifroze has it.

Next time i have some Falcon dittos im gonna see if i can manage to do it myself :p
Certainly, gonna have a combo video up soon.

Roystonea

Smash Cadet
An unexpected knee feels so good to pull off. Especially if you're doing it out of nowhere, while pressuring an opponent.

knifeofdunwall

Smash Rookie
for me it has to be either mid air reverse falcon punches(which I've actually landed quite a few of) or a sweet spot knee of justice(always seems to catch people off guard)

Top Bottom