• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Satisfying Kill

Lavourer

Smash Rookie
What's the most satisfying way to kill someone for you. I got two 1A. Dodging a Side B from Little Mac to watch him plunge off the stage. 1B. Jumping on someones head so they are just shy of reaching the platform with their Up B.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Falcon Punch, Thoron, Flare Blade, Shield Breaker, PK Flash, Jet Hammer, Hammer, Charge Shot, Hard Knuckle, Power Vision, or a Marth spike.

Lavourer

Smash Rookie
When you have the bees on you and you can keep spamming Up B cuz you're constantly taking damage and launch your opponent up.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Every single KO with Captain Falcon is a satisfying one.

There was this one online match where I went against an Ike.

At the very end, dude started up a forward smash, I ran towards him, and before he could release the thing, I jumped over and reverse falcon punched him from behind, taking his last stock.

Seriously, there's nothing like taking your opponent's last stock with a well-timed Falcon Punch, bonus points if it's actually the one and only Falcon Punch you did in the whole match.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff rests and Falcos dair off-stage
Because they're so damn hard to hit
Also early kills with Mario's sweetspot fsmash.

DekuSWEG

Smash Rookie
There's no better feeling than an off stage foot stool, always gives me a laugh.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Shield breaks, especially those that set up for flashy kills (like Pac-Man bell combos).

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
There are to main categories: the "I did the thing!" category where you used your newly acquired tech skill to kill, be it an infinite 0-death or a perfect pivoted smash attack, and the silly **** category. Most satisfying in the first category is definitely Lucas footstool lock 0-death, while luigi d-taunt takes the cake in the second category.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
Kirby's hammer against projectile spammers. Just jumping over whatever they throw at you as if you were playing an old school platformer is just so fun ahaha. Also suicide style kills. Those kills that you either get or die.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
My replay of this died because update, but with Villager:

*Planted Tree
*Watered tree
*Hit enemy's shield with axe
*LLoid
*They shield again
*Hit them with the axe again at the same time as lloid
*Shield breaks
*Uptaunt
*Fsmash

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nothing on this world gets me harder than a Doc Punch. I was going to say Fire Jump Punch, but considering how hard of a read you need to get to land a Doc Punch, I'm going to go with that. And you get to just sit back and watch them die 70% while you catch all the salt on your tongue.

Ponytail

Smash Rookie
Any kill with Captain Falcon is satisfying.
Rest punishes are glorious, so is comboing into one.
I personally think that most up-smashes are really fun to win with, especially with Meta Knight or Kirby.

HD_Vishion

Smash Cadet
NNID
16LetterUsername
When you somebody rolls into your fully charged side smash.

When you jump and air-dodge at the same time over somebody and spike them.

It never gets old to punish a ****** who rolls 2-much with flare blitz.

Spiking people with Mewtwo's down air during your second jump, just inches away from the edge of the stage during their recovery.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Spikes are my favorite way to kill, so Ganon is my man for satisfying KO's. Bonus points for Warlock Punch, Ganoncide, or uptilt. The guy seriously has so many satisfying moves.

Outside of spikes, I really like trying to read get-up rolls when I play online as Ike. Teching is hard with the small and inconsistent amount of lag online, so a lot of fairly good players frequently miss techs. It takes a while to train opponents to get-up roll toward you, but once you do you just knock them back, wait a second, then start charging the fsmash as they tech right into your sword. Gives me warm fuzzies.

Rhydon65

Smash Rookie
As Yoshi, Iike to use F-Air to slam them into the ground, then while they're stunned in the air finish them with a U-Air.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
People rolling into Ike's Eruption.

Link charging his bow as Ike charges Unyielding Blade. Apparently my friend the Link player doesn't know about super armour. I release Unyielding Blade, he fires the arrow, and Ike charges right through and KOs him.

Link charging his bow. Roy approaches with an empty jump, about to land just in front of Link. Link fires his bow, but a moment earlier, Roy counters. GG Link!

People discovering that Charizard's Up Special has super armour the hard way. Descend on Charizard, try to cover their descent with an attack, run straight into an Up Special.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit's d-air spike is very cathartic. I call it the Skyworld Special.

In terms of what's most viscerally, essentially satisfying, there is something to be said for a Shield Breaker -> Shield Breaker kill~

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Being a mediocre at best player I do a lot of getting pwned in for glory...

But a few times I have managed to spike someone to their death and win a match against a clearly superior player. That is always nice.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
This happened yesterday again a Fox main on For Glory, I put it on youtube here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lsKcF2f3E

I'm still hyped today just thinking about it. I haven't been playing Wario for that long, but this type of stuff really keeps me motivated to keep improving with the character.

One of my most satisfying kills ever for sure. I'm just starting to get good with that combo.

Last edited:

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
The most satisfying KO I got was when I sniped a Ness's PK Thunder from almost across the stage with the ROB laser

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
the dirty bomb, so satisfying

D

Deleted member

I was battling a bowser and right as I was going to kill him he would side b and jump off did this until last Life and I Hit Him into Abyss With Down Air! So Satisfying.

Top Bottom