• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most nerfed character?

PsiArbyOmega

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-4133-6577
The most nerfed character is DEFINITELY Olimar!
He has less Pikmin, meaning he has to pluck more every so often if they die. Also, his recovery is a f***ing bad nerf. Sure, he can get back on the stage more easily but tether recoveries were buffed due to the removal of edge hogging. In addition, once you get back to the stage, you will have no Pikmin because you need to throw them away while recovering! You will have to pluck, so then your opponent could easily start a crazy combo and follow up with a bunch of other moves and get you killed. His Down-B was also nerfed. It has less super armor frames, so if you're in a bad spot, and you're about to get hit by something like a KO Uppercut or a Falcon Punch, and you use Olimar's Down-B, you're practically dead. Olimar has less follow-ups, less combos, weaker attacks, worse recovery, and he is definitely the worst char in the game. He really fell from the glory of being 3rd on the tier list in Brawl.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
The most nerfed character is DEFINITELY Olimar!
He has less Pikmin, meaning he has to pluck more every so often if they die. Also, his recovery is a f***ing bad nerf. Sure, he can get back on the stage more easily but tether recoveries were buffed due to the removal of edge hogging. In addition, once you get back to the stage, you will have no Pikmin because you need to throw them away while recovering! You will have to pluck, so then your opponent could easily start a crazy combo and follow up with a bunch of other moves and get you killed. His Down-B was also nerfed. It has less super armor frames, so if you're in a bad spot, and you're about to get hit by something like a KO Uppercut or a Falcon Punch, and you use Olimar's Down-B, you're practically dead. Olimar has less follow-ups, less combos, weaker attacks, worse recovery, and he is definitely the worst char in the game. He really fell from the glory of being 3rd on the tier list in Brawl.
Lol. Those are all horrible reasoning.

First off, let's set the facts down: Pikmin were universally buffed because of the reduction in their active number. They now all do at least 1% more damage per tic when thrown.
You also don't have to throw any Pikmin to recover successfully unless you're being edge guarded, in which case you deserve to lose your Pikmin.
It still takes less than a second to pluck 3 Pikmin. If you're punished by a ****ing Falcon Punch because you decided to use Pikmin Order right in front of him, that's your fault.

Olimar wasn't nerfed, his playstyle was changed. In Brawl, he was pretty much the epitome of camping, but thanks to the separate Pikmin buffs and his amazing aerial game, he's a viable offensive fighter, and has the option to play safe and build up damage with the Pikmin if he choose to do so. His smashes also have deceptive range, and his grab has one of the best non-tether ranges in the game.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
-Martha: again, he's not that horrible. He's weaker, but his nerf wasn't as impacting as Mr. Game and Watch's, who is still tolerable. He's pretty high in EventHubs' constantly changing tier list. Lucina, on the other hand, ranks quite lower currently for some reason.
>taking the eventscrubs "tier" list seriously
>:yeahboi:

Last edited:

demonhacker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Restive
Olimar and MK are definitely the most nerfed...... I used to be good with Olimar...hes pretty unusable now.

D

Deleted member

The most obvious one to me is Falco. Everything that made Falco good in Brawl is now gone or significantly nerfed. His Blaster doesn't come out faster, removing his Laser Locking. Chain grabs are removed, which only makes his down throw good for setups. His down aerial is now slower to execute, removing a very effective spike. Falco is pretty pathetic to me now.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Samus was so bad in Brawl though lol
Thats the whole problem though. She was pretty bad in Brawl, but that was mainly because of the horrible mechanics of Brawl in general. Her zair was godlike, and she still had missile cancel, even though her missiles still didn't kill. In Smash 4, her missiles STILL don't kill, yet they took away missile cancel.

I don't think Samus is the most nerfed really, Im just salty about the lack of mc.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Aside from the lack of that she's noticeably better than she was in Brawl though.

Last edited:

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
Zelda got nerfed. Zelda who needed the buffs more than anyone since the moment she was introduced into the series.
It's a damn shame really. That new d.B of hers could have been amazing.

Torturephile

Smash Rookie
Pikachu OMG!!!!
No way, it got less nerfed than Falco or Meta Knight. It still has pretty good movement and aerial game.

>taking the eventscrubs "tier" list seriously
>:yeahboi:
I generally don't take tier lists that seriously, I just posted that in case someone did. Guess I like using Luigi in the original Smash game even if he's nearly at the bottom.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
The most obvious one to me is Falco. Everything that made Falco good in Brawl is now gone or significantly nerfed. His Blaster doesn't come out faster, removing his Laser Locking. Chain grabs are removed, which only makes his down throw good for setups. His down aerial is now slower to execute, removing a very effective spike. Falco is pretty pathetic to me now.
Eh... he's still fine for me. He still has all the great tools from Brawl. You just need to play him differently. I often find myself short hop laser more often because he has become more reliant on his anti-air game.
I will forever miss his Brawl down air though.

Marth feels the most nerfed to me. Doesn't feel like him anymore and to an extent Lucina

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am also going to go with Falco for the aforementioned reasons. I believe that his nerf was one of the most "significant." He was not really given any other effective tools to compensate for the nerf either. Olimar is another great example of someone who was severely nerfed, but I still feel like he was given something in return.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Zelda got nerfed. Zelda who needed the buffs more than anyone since the moment she was introduced into the series.
It's a damn shame really. That new d.B of hers could have been amazing.
Do you remember how bad Zelda was in Brawl? She was legit one of the WORST characters in Brawl without a doubt. She's definitely better in 4, she's just not better enough to be "ZOMG SUPER GOOD SHE'S LIKE OP".

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Everyone is over Olimar... I don't want to double post... But I acn't do this.

But Olimar is now harder to learn.
Metaknight can be more risky more errors.

With all Mr. Game and Watch stuff I say.

I use him before but now... I can't use him. Everyone get one those character that we love and nerfed. My Man olimar is nerf but I love him soo much in My Heart, I litterally can say.

Olimar is NOT Brawlimar and Op, Is way but WAY Harder to use and learn because the Stack of Pikmin can only reach 3.
Is recovery is very but very ridiculous. like even you do a BAD Air game, you can get back to the arena in a blink of a eye. (He one of the TOP 10 Character with the best recovery.)

Not matter how nerfed the character is it that don't mean is horrible, Try it, Test it and Have fun.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Eh... he's still fine for me. He still has all the great tools from Brawl. You just need to play him differently. I often find myself short hop laser more often because he has become more reliant on his anti-air game.
I will forever miss his Brawl down air though.

Marth feels the most nerfed to me. Doesn't feel like him anymore and to an extent Lucina
At least Falco's jab is still decent.

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
Do you remember how bad Zelda was in Brawl? She was legit one of the WORST characters in Brawl without a doubt. She's definitely better in 4, she's just not better enough to be "ZOMG SUPER GOOD SHE'S LIKE OP".
I suppose you're right. I guess she just lacks tools to do much of anything well. Maybe they should take a Little Mac approach and make her insanely amazing at one thing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Thats the whole problem though. She was pretty bad in Brawl, but that was mainly because of the horrible mechanics of Brawl in general. Her zair was godlike, and she still had missile cancel, even though her missiles still didn't kill. In Smash 4, her missiles STILL don't kill, yet they took away missile cancel.

I don't think Samus is the most nerfed really, Im just salty about the lack of mc.
She got plenty of buffs that more than makes up for the loss of MC though. Sure she's not nearly as good at camping anymore, but at least she's not at a huge loss when she's approached, she's got plenty of kill options and reliable combos out of throws. Brawl Samus had no good moves other than her missiles and z-air, almost all of her tilts and smash attacks were dreadful (d-tilt was okay though) while her aerials were either incredibly slow (b-air, d-air) or didn't connect properly (u-air, f-air.) You can't blame Brawl's mechanics solely on her low position, she quite simply didn't have the makings of a good character.

I do agree that if Samus had MC in this game she'd have been great, but as it is she's just average. As a whole she's still a ton better than her Brawl counterpart, which if not for her projectiles would have been having tea parties with Ganon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom