• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
"35 characters is a huge upset. I hate Sakurai."

"I'M GOING TO BE IKE. HIS SWORD TURNS INTO A BOW AND SPEAR AND A 2 BLADED SWORD!"

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
(during math class)

Me: So what do you think of the Final Smashes in Brawl?

Friend: Yeah, they rock....but they could have given them more variety.

Me: Variety? **chuckles** WTF, dude. They're all completely different.

Friend: All they do is get really big and ugly.

Me:...um...huh?

Friend: Yeah, I mean I didn't even know some nintendo characters had "Giga" forms.

Me: I don't quite follow....I think you mean...

Friend: (interupts) I mean, Giga Mario, Giga Yoshi, and GIGA FOX! I mean, come on! And whay does Zelda appear in Pit's final?!? She's just stand in the background lookin' all huge and stuff.

Me: Only Bowser goes "Giga"...and that wasn't Zel...

Friend: (interups again) YOU MEAN BOWSER GOES "GIGA" TOO! That's it, who ever made Brawl sux. I'm just glad our boy Knuckles will be in the game.

Me: **sighs** Dude, we need to talk...

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
This game's going to suck because of "insert reason here", despite the fact I haven't played it yet.

mario66

Smash Cadet
"I REFUSE TO BELIVE R.O.B. IS IN OH GOD DAMMIT WHY IS HE IN WHYYYYYYYYYYY"
-myself

I have since come around and have accepted R.O.B. to be both awesome and also awesome.

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
Dedede is a clone of kirby
- My freind on seeing dedede's b move

Ike is a clone of kirby
- Same friend on seeing Ike's up b

Sonic's not in, It's just an april fools rumor
- Another Freind, when I told him sonic is in brawl

Kirby's final smash WON'T be the cook
-Myself on seeing E3 trailer; Admit it, some of you had bad hunches on the final game too.

Captain Falcon's Final Smash will defenatly be a Super Falcon Punch
-Me again

I don't care what anyone says I'm playing as Megaman
Me(as a joke)

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
1:

"Melee was an awesome game, but brawl has horrible online, no wavedashing, and a few characters in the roster, most of which are clones and not 3rd party characters, brawl is gonna fail!

2:
"OMG Nintendo did a huge rip-off of small arms!"

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
"The only reason people want to play is so they can hit Metroid with Zelda's sword."

I think it was a troll comment but it still made me laugh.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Sakurai Said:

No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Responses to bold and italicized font are bold and italicized :chuckle:

Sakurai only stated Wiiconnect24 or anything in that fashion (such as wifi) couldn't unlock more chracters. Wii Shop Channel perhaps?
How would he not know about the system who's MAIN GAME he developed? Yeah right.

Thats about it.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Sakurai sucks because he didn't put *Character* in.

Yeah, because online. a huge Adventure Mode, relpays, and a Stage Builder is nowhere near enough.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
"I found this really cool new technique! Its called bubble blocking! All you do is hold the R or L or Z button on the ground, and you can block ANYTHING!" - unknown

Or something along those lines, lol of course it was sarcastic, but I was laughing my *** off.

Ichida

Smash Ace
"I found this really cool new technique! Its called bubble blocking! All you do is hold the R or L or Z button on the ground, and you can block ANYTHING!" - unknown

Or something along those lines, lol of course it was sarcastic, but I was laughing my *** off.
*Fifteen minutes of laughter*

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
These all happened a few days ago:

THE ADVENTURES OF ME VS. THE LIVING NOOB:

Guy: I read this guide that ranks final smashes.

Me: Oh? I guess Marth's was the best.

Guy: Nope. He one for best final smash against 1 opponent. Olimar won best for multiple opponents.

Me: what did the guide rank them based on?

Guy: well, POWER, like, can it kill at zero percent, USAGE, as in, can you use it immediately, KILL POTENTIAL, as in, can it kill twice, and LOOKS, as in how awesome it looks-

Me: What? They ranked final smashes higher because of LOOKS?

Guy: it didn't carry MUCH weight in the rankings, just one fifth-

Me: It shouldn't carry ANY weight! it's LOOKS! It means NOTHING!

Guy: Well, think of it this way: If you use a final smash to own somebody, do you want them to be like: "You suck! that's so cheap!" or do you want them to be like: "That was cheap, but it was so awesome that doesn't even matter!"

Me: (I'm speechless for a moment) Please tell me this "Rankings guide" put metaknight's at the bottom.

Guy: yeah, his scored a 1 for looks...

Me: not in looks!

Guy: oh. Actually, no. It got a 5 in power.

Me: what!? But it's completely weak!

Guy: No...

ANOTHER INCIDENT WITH THE SAME NOOB:

Me: Have you tried gliding?

Guy: Gliding?

Me: yeah. With Pit? Metaknight? charizard? When you hold the jump button after midair jumping?

Guy: yeah! That's how i got my record in the home run contest!

Me: what?

Guy: Well, I hit the sandbag into the air, then hit it with my up a as Pit to rack it up to like, 80% damage. Then I hit it.

Me: That's... not gliding.

Guy: well if you think about it, his up a is like a spinning hellicopter-

Me: No. I mean like gliding, as in holding the jump button down to start GLIDING like you're using a wing cap in super mario 64!

Guy: Since when can they do that?

Me: it was announced half a year ago! They can glide forward after holding the jump button!

Guy: That's gliding? Peach can do that.

Me: No, that's not gliding.

Guy: (Slowly shakes his head while looking down, as if I was the idiot) She glides. She slowly descends-

Me: Can she use her puffy dress to SWOOP UP AND DOWN!?

Guy: No...

Me: Well that's what gliding is!

Guy: Oh. Then I've never done that.

Me: What? How can you not have heard about it? People can use gliding to go completely around the bottom of Hyrule Temple!

Guy: what!? The only people I know who can do that are Wario-man and yoshi.

Me: Look, buddy, yoshi can jump pretty high with that double jump of his, but he can't-

Guy: I mean his final smash!

Me: Okay, Okay, that makes sense- wait. You only know about them? What about super sonic and Volt Tackle?

Guy: Harder to tell with them. They can go through walls!

Me: Volt tackle, yes. Super sonic, no.

Guy: Yeah, super sonic can go through walls.

Me: no he CAN'T!

Guy: (Slowly shakes his head while looking down, once again thinking I'm the idiot)

Yeah, so It went like that.

HirukoMaster

Smash Rookie
"My brother played Brawl at the science museum"
"That was melee. There aren't even any demo's of brawl yet"
"Shut up! Why do you always have to use facts!"

xD

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Earthbound Fan (and I've played Mother 3; loved it), so I found this funny.

Oppo: "I hate Lucas"
<I up-smash opponent with Lucas. He's KO-ed>
Oppo: "I still hate Lucas"

Also, just remembered another. Tell me if somebody already posted this, as I found it in a review of Brawl.

Reviewer: It's a shame brawl has uninspiring stages. We wanted to see new moving stages like Icicle Mountain and Big Blue from Melee.

Top Bottom