• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hated stages :o

ty2rawr

Smash Rookie
Whats your most hated stage... and in simpler terms... which stage makes you wanna pick up a small animal and punch it till its intestines look like spaghetti? :o

CORNERIA CAN DIEEEEEEE

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
I hate spear pillar. I have the worst luck ever, and those things have it out for me.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
We have one of these topics like every month, but why not have another go.

Hanenbow. I SD like every six seconds on that stage, in between missing aerials due to the weird and ever-changing angles of the platforms.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Japes
Green Greens
Mansion

I pretty much hate all the gay CP stages.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
Rumble Falls, Port Town Aero Drive, Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1, Mario Bros., Lylat Cruise, Green Hill Zone, Flat Zone 2, Corneria, Brinstar. They're sooo ugly and I don't like the music.

I completely love New Pork City, Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 (only for the Underwater Theme), Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Hyrule Temple, Hanenbow, Green Greens, Final Destination, and Delfino Plaza.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow Cruise, makes me like jump every time, can't attack much at all
75m, ridiculous amount of jumping
Temple, too many noobs choose it now for the sake of taunt parties =/ you can barely kill on it cause it so big.
New Pork City, same as Temple
Rumble Falls, moving constantly I only like the music for that stage (Bramble Blast ftw!)
Big Blue, death by track can get annoying =/

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Mario Bros. What is up with all the turtle, crabs, and fireballs? The crabs and turtles, when thrown, can even hit Fox and Wolf while they're using their reflectors. A great place to get early, cheap K.O.s. I dislike that stage the most.

Some other stages that could be unfair include New Pork City, Rumble Falls, Big Blue, Temple, 75m, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Mushroomy Kingdom, and Norfair.

Zesty_Chicken

Smash Cadet
Flat zones, Hanenbow, Spear Pillar, Warioware, Distant Planet, Summit, and Yoshi's Island.

Flat Zones: The walk off makes for ridiculously easy kills.
Hanenbow: Screws up my air game.
Spear Pillar: This doesn't require an explanation.
Warioware: I kinda hate it. If I'm playing against a bad player, it equals win. Otherwise, never play on it.
Distant Planet: I've always hated this stage, but I just don't know why.
Summit: The same thing as Wariorware.
Yoshi's Island: I usually don't like playing a risky game, and this stage is the definition of risky. Especially those darn blocks on the floor.

Hyrule's always fun, because I'm pretty good at teching, usually better than my opponents. In the Cave of Life it's hard to kill me below ~250%.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Temple: same reason as CSZ. That, and people can just go to that lower part to avoid getting KO'd...

Rumble Falls: It's an auto-scroller, 'nuff said.

Mushroomy Kingdom: see above

Other than that, no problems. I've never had problems with Big Blue, as my opponent usually ends up SD'ing... >_>

pepsilon5

Smash Rookie
Hyrule Temple: Its size and boringness. lol
Jungle Japes: Bleh, a camping ground for Falcos, Lucarios, R.O.B.s...just about everyone. I do like the water though. It's fun to ride. <- rofl

How can you guys not like auto-scrollers? Of course I don't pick them in competition but when there's a party or some casual gamers around, it's fun to play in.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
battlefield.... i used to love this stage.... now the platforms get in the way of EVERYTHING

Talonzz

Smash Cadet
Temple, 75m or New Pork City

They are one of the reasons why Wi-fi is completely ruined

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm going to have to go with the doubtless radical Final Destination. Mr. Game & Watch just has no way to approach Meta Knight there; it's awful. I think I'd rather fight him on Skyworld... The stage is also dumb in general with the whole way it's the campiest thing since Luigi's Mansion and generally the most exploitable legal stage in chainthrow matchups.

I don't generally feel violent urges to harm small animals though; the worst I really go is wanting to pour scalding flat oil on a Pikachu for which I have the excuse "but it kills at 0%!". I don't see why some people get so riled up over playing on stages they dislike; sometimes you are on a stage that is nonsense for your character in that matchup in a ton of ways, but in friendlies it's a chance to practice and in tournament it's a reminder that you should use your stage ban judiciously. If we're talking about the ridiculously obviously banned stages like Mario Bros., the stage is almost liberating since you're never going to have to play it in a tournament and there's no reason to even try on those stages in friendlies since no one will take that match result seriously.

StarWolf234

Smash Cadet
New Pork City: The Stage is way to big. You can fit at least 8-10 characters on it.

Hanenbow: It annoys the hell out of me. Those pink things flying around the screen are the most annoying thing about the stage.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Rumble falls: I wasn't to fond of the Ice Climber's stage in Melee...but I just hate this stage.

New Pork City: Stop running away from me!!!

Wario Ware: God help me...

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Rumble Falls and New Pork City even though it has the awesome Pink thing.
You can`t tell whats happening. Spear Pillar mostly, because when it turns up side down I always jump off the side and kill myself, and my eyesight is bad so its hard to tell where the ledges are and stuff.

SourPuff

Smash Rookie
Rumble Falls is #1. It's just going up with a spike once in a while. Not exciting at all like Rainbow Cruise or Big Blue.

Final Destination gets a lot of hatred momentum too. Playing on the same boring stage over and over is just...just awful.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
That's why I hang the TV upside down when playing on Spear Pillar.
Of course not everybody can do this. :p
Holy crap, is your television on some kind of gyroscope? <=O

I honestly can never get used to Smashville. Most people like it, but I can't stand it. I have the worst luck with that moving platform.
(I can't count how many times that platform reared its ugly head and stopped my PKT recovery...)

fabolous

Smash Rookie
flat zone 2- not enough room for sonic to move around
mario bros.- who would like this stage?
mushroom kingdom- too cramped
new pork city- wwwaaayyy too big. especially when fighting characters who are pretty fast
spear pillar- hate dialga, palkia, and that other one whatever its name is

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Man,
Honestly, I dont know why these stages are avaliable in SSBB:

- Mario Bros.
- Mushroomy Kingdom
- 75m
- Port Aero Dive
- Summit
- Rumble Falls
- Wario Ware
- New Porky City
- Big Blue
- Onett
- Flat Zones
- Distant Planet
- Green Hill Zone
- Corneria (This is a ridiculous copy of the Amazing and Great Sector Z of SSB64)

I said too much stages but, I think SSBB could have more Objective Stages.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I love pictochat. It's pretty neutral and mixes things up a little.

I definitely hate 75m and Spear Pillar. Out of legal stages I think Lylat is one of my least favorites.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I don't want New Pork to die...

I want to torture it until it dies, then bring it back with dark magic and torture it more. THAT'S how much I utterly despise that stage.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Mario Bros and 75m at least bring back some classic memories.
Hanenbow comes from a game I've never heard of. Hanenbow sucks.

New Pork City is fine. Brawl needed a new Earthbound stage. I'm okay with it.
(but I'm NOT okay with Lucas... jk)

Mushroomy kingdom and Rumble Falls are really fun.
It's definitely not suitable for competitive matches, but it's fun for casual matches.

Because I'm familiar with Game & Watch games, I kinda like Flat Zone 2.

Jikko

Smash Rookie
i hate rumble falls, there's more jumping to the top than fighting and i look so small on the screen!

Top Bottom