• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hated item(s) in Brawl?

Booster

Smash Lord
I ****ing hate hammers, especially the Golden Hammer. These items can derail what could've been a perfectly balanced match. I am happy with any other item on, but hammers piss me off and yet everyone I play with wants them on. If these aren't banned from tournaments, then something is clearly wrong here. I don't like using them, but to quote Goku "IF I DON'T, WHO WILL?!?!" and then I scream like I'm incredibly because I am.

Hammers are worse then invincibility stars, those last maybe 10 seconds, Hammers last the same amount of time and Golden Hammers last longer, I'm sorry if I sound whiny about hammers, it's not that I never get them, it's that they make me feel like a ***** using them and it makes me think/say VERY mean things to whoever gets them. I've heard some people before say they hate the Dragoon Parts and Smash Ball, but you have to EARN those to get their power and even then they have to be dodged which is relatively easy, Hammers however can't be dodged so easily and you don't have to earn them to use them, just touch them and enjoy losing friends.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
  • Pick :zerosuitsamus:
  • Stand at the ledge
  • When the hammer guy come towards you, grab them and toss them off
  • DONE
If they jump at you then just run to the other side or Up-B them.

Also you can air stall, offstage, with characters like
:jigglypuff::kirby2::metaknight: or even :lucas:
and stall on the ledge with tethers:
:ivysaur::link2::lucas::samus2::sheik::zerosuitsamus::toonlink:

Booster

Smash Lord
  • Pick :zerosuitsamus:
  • Stand at the ledge
  • When the hammer guy come towards you, grab them and toss them off
  • DONE
If they jump at you then just run to the other side or Up-B them.

Also you can air stall, offstage, with characters like
:jigglypuff::kirby2::metaknight: or even :lucas:
and stall on the ledge with tethers:
:ivysaur::link2::lucas::samus2::sheik::zerosuitsamus::toonlink:
Very helpful, am I right in assuming you hate Hammers too? They're so disruptive...

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I sorta like them cuz some idiot picks them up and tries to run toward me.
Pathetic approach really, I grab them and toss them offstage.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Dragoon. Easily.

I love the fact that you have to build up these three pieces but goddamn, it could have been implemented better for people with bad luck like me.
Whenever I get a piece, even a single jab will knock it out of me.
Whenever my mate gets a piece, it takes upwards of 70% damage to knock it out of him.

And don't get me started on the whole match turning into the "Fight over the Dragoon pieces."

Booster

Smash Lord
Dragoon. Easily.

I love the fact that you have to build up these three pieces but goddamn, it could have been implemented better for people with bad luck like me.
Whenever I get a piece, even a single jab will knock it out of me.
Whenever my mate gets a piece, it takes upwards of 70% damage to knock it out of him.

And don't get me started on the whole match turning into the "Fight over the Dragoon pieces."
I feel the same about hammers, those awful, awful hammers.

Attachments

link2702

Smash Champion
hammers are easy to deal with as most characters. Normal hammers can be easily powershielded and you have enough time to grab them from it and toss em offstage.

Gold hammers just go completely evasive.

and if you are metaknight? just spam mach tornado on em.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Zamus's armor pieces. In the hands of an experienced player, they are annoying as hell. I suppose the star rod is my pick for the "tournament illegal" items. One toss of that generally spells gimp for a handful of the characters I like to play.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/SDI

You should no longer hate this item so much.
This is case in point as to why the smart bomb is actually one of my favorites.

Top Bottom