• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Epic 64 Video?

en3r0

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, it has been awhile since I have seen a good 64 video.

I run EpicGamePlay and I have not posted a good Smash 64 video in awhile. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-en3r0

Battlecow

Play to Win
Don't listen to peek

If you like TAS stuff, this is a good one. If you like matches, the one Star King linked to is one of the best, if you like non-tas combos, Ricky's Combo video is a personal favorite of mine, and one of my favorite single combos is Isai's FoxonFalcon (remastered in better quality via TAS here

Nice to see some love for Smash 64!

Olikus

Smash Champion
andtgar made some funny videos were he pretended he was 3 swedish players. You should check em out ;)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
They're pretty boring compared to melee, and I don't even play melee.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Are you seriously not entertained by 64 videos? What the **** is wrong with you?
I AM entertained by training mode combos. But usually not matches. Only when somebody significantly better or at least about equal to me in skill is playing in the video, which is pretty rare. Also, 64 matches aren't very common.

I don't know if it's the game that's boring, or if it's that I don't like watching worse players because I cringe at all their bad mistakes. I do enjoy watching Melee, and I don't play it competitively (yet). So when I do start playing Melee competitively, I'm interested to see if my interest in Melee videos will dwindle as my skill increases.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Melee is boring as **** to watch compared to smash 64 ... what are you guys talking about. No combos/edgeguards in Melee.

It needs super crazy commentary to be entertaining.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
^ yeah, IMO, I find 64 matches to be somewhat bland compared to Melee. Then again what do I know? I find Brawl matches to be enjoyable too.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Melee is boring as **** to watch compared to smash 64 ... what are you guys talking about. No combos/edgeguards in Melee.

OK, I really don't want to have started a pointless argument that comes down to personal opinion. I didn't think I would get a response like this. Let's drop it, OK?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

^^ agreed

OK, I really don't want to have started a pointless argument that comes down to personal opinion. I didn't think I would get a response like this. Let's drop it, OK?
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

ballin4life

Smash Hero
lol opinions
No combos/edgeguards in melee is a statement of FACKT

so when you said smash64 videos are boring in the smash64 video forum, you expected a positive response? :laugh:

Battlecow

Play to Win
BOTTOM LINE:

Star King and Peek are traitors. Don't listen to them. They probably hate America too.

I AM entertained by training mode combos. But usually not matches. Only when somebody significantly better or at least about equal to me in skill is playing in the video, which is pretty rare.
What I love about you is your modesty.

NOW back to business does anyone else have any coolbeans videos for the man?

The Star King

Smash Hero
so when you said smash64 videos are boring in the smash64 video forum, you expected a positive response? :laugh:
No, but I didn't expect a negative response.

Hey look, it seems that Star King is subscribed to me on YouTube. WHO DOESN'T LIKE SMASH64 VIDEOS NOW, HUH? :p
I said I like training mode combos. That's what I subscribed for. I'm also subscribed to RickySSB and MevseC, big deal.

Are you guys denying the lack of good videos?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yes. Yes I am. We have a lot of good videos. But the subject at hand is procuring the best of those vids for our friend the OP.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
64 matches are boring to watch unless you've just played a lot of 64 and are looking to learn or something

if its a training mode combo/montage it's pretty decent though

Dsc

Smash Ace
lol nooo crap theres more combos in 64. 64 > melee in hitstun obviously.
Ballin was saying there are no combos or edgeguards in melee. Ive seen both, many times.

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
If there are no combos/edgeguards in Melee, than that must mean Melee has the same amount of combos and edgeguards as Brawl. Do you really think so, ballin?

Yes, I am aware he was probably exaggerating and doesn't really believe that.

I agree 100% with aa's post. That's why I said I enjoy watching players better to me, because I learn stuff.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Hmmm... the isai vs boom console 12 char battle is probably the best set of SSB64 videos i've ever seen.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Just read this thread and WOW.

No combo in Melee? Fact? Sorry Ballin' but you are WRONG. Which one is more entertaining is opinion, but "no combos" is simply not true. Almost every char in that game combos, and if you mean zero>death, Falco, Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falcon, do it regularly in competitive play (Jiggs if you include Uthrow>rest /joke). Other chars can but it's hard, so usually it's like 50%>death (this is NOT including tech chases). Major difference being floaties are very hard to combo in Melee, and not so hard in 64 because they still have a good amount of hit stun. As for edgeguards, they happen just the same- with 64 being slightly easier because some chars like Samus got 200% better on recovery, and the addition of edge teching which will save you RARELY; I tech the edge 9/10 times and rarely do I get another % in to my opponent before I die. Assuming you were Fox or Falco and had the chance to invincibly wall jump sideB to regrab, your opponent can easily shield any invincible ledge hop shenanigans you had in mind, and punish (and if you waveland they can grab or hit you before your shield comes up). If you are not Fox/Falco, or didn't get to regrab, or tried to wall jump sideB/UpB/anything else then you're dead anyways. However, your opponent with say "nice tech" as they proceed to kill you anyways. They also added a lot of chars in Melee, all of which (besides Peach) get EGed easily. Falco get gimped easier than a 64 char. FACKTTXX!

Not trying to start anything Ballin', but your attitude is quite elite in this thread. You sound so sure of yourself, speaking as if your opinions are fact. I know you go to Melee tournaments also, but seems pretty clear though (IMO) that you have no idea what you're talking about (in Melee). I can prove what I said above about edgeguards, and combos. What you said simply isn't true.

I know this isn't the thread for this, but I don't think people should be spreading misinformation. I agree that Zero>deaths in Melee are a lot harder, and edgeguarding on a couple chars in Melee is a lot harder, but both are definitely there.

This is coming from someone who recently quite Melee competently for good. I'll still play with SOME friends, but I deep down believe the game is flawed at the highest level in a way that I cannot get over. My personal opinion also is that Falco get comboed/EGed to easily. LULZ.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^lol. Any high level Melee vid. Don't you live in Cali?

hmmm

1) You seriously are trolling hard. :) ya got me

2) You really have made a permanent change to Elitist. :( (The kind that doesn't give reason, just states that he is right).

3) You really don't know, so you prefer not to get to deep into this, but still feel as if you have to defend yourself.

I really hope it's not number 2 :(:(. You are like my favorite not IRL smasher brAA :(:(

Oh well, I bid you good day.

Edit: Matches were every edgeguarding situation happens? Or are you talking about proving the combo thing? Maybe an elaborate break down of combos/EGs for different chars in match (with training mode counter parts). Wow that's a LOT of work, but I'll think about it (actually might be fun if I find the time).

Sangoku

Smash Master
Without taking part of the argument I would be interested in seeing some 0 to death combos in Melee as I don't think I've seen any yet =).

If you have any link that would be great.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
^^lol. Any high level Melee vid. Don't you live in Cali?

hmmm
I'm subscribed to HMW on YouTube and I've watched a lot of his videos. I tend to stick to the highest level Melee videos (like later rounds of Genesis/APEX/etc), so maybe I'm wrong about lower levels where people are bad at DI or something. Or maybe it's because floaty characters got to the later rounds of those tournaments (although this wouldn't really disprove my point).

1) You seriously are trolling hard. :) ya got me
Yes, yes I did :p

2) You really have made a permanent change to Elitist. :( (The kind that doesn't give reason, just states that he is right).
Well, you realize that you are doing the same right? You're just saying that you're right and I'm wrong.

3) You really don't know, so you prefer not to get to deep into this, but still feel as if you have to defend yourself.
Well, I'm open to being proven wrong I guess ... that's why I asked for videos.

I really hope it's not number 2 :(:(. You are like my favorite not IRL smasher brAA :(:(
:) :)

Oh well, I bid you good day.
Prithee sir, dost not bite thy thumb at me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah, he's trolling.

Melee obviously has more combos/edgeguards than Brawl. Meaning it has some.

He ignored my last post, so I'll ask a direct question.

Do you think both Melee and Brawl have no combos/edgeguards?

en3r0

Smash Rookie
Wow, a lot of emotion flying around here. You guys linked to some great videos, thanks!

I can see I will have to do some posting of melee and brawl videos as well!

Top Bottom