• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Difficult Challenges

Tiny Toon

Smash Rookie
I think thats a good list if you're going to use all of them.
I disagree with #3 and #5 though. I managed to beat all star on intense and I'm getting somewhere with Cruel Brawl. you can find many strategies to do that on youtube.

by the way: you can't use hammers on intense boss battles

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm avoiding using any golden hammers. So far, I have 4 challenges left, and haven't used a hammer yet. I have boss battles on intense, 100 man brawl with all characters, collect all stickers, and get 2000 kos. the stickers and 2000 kos I will eventually get through playing the game. 100 man brawl, it's just spamming one strong move that prevents the opponents from attacking you. So far, I think I beat it with 5, but I haven't been playing it much. It doesn't look hard, just extremely time consuming.

As for intense boss battles, I seem to always get through 6 before I die. I've tried with game & watch, yoshi, fox (lazer spam), kirby, and ike (super armor with up-b), and none of these have done extremely well for me. The one character that I seem to do the best with is... JIGGLYPUFF??? I can float inside them or just behind them so that they won't be able to hit me with most of their attacks. I actually managed to kill 6 of them with jigglypuff without even taking damage!!! But died at the next boss :p. I know I can beat it, but it will just take a while...

As for those who say beating all-star on intense is impossible, if you have 9999 coins, you get over 100 restarts (as you gain coins with each batle). So it's not impossible. If you have problems with your main, try different characters, and you will find one that can beat them easily (like I did with boss battles and jigglypuff). I beat all-star intense with about 10 restarts with game & watch.

Well, I'm going to try to finish all the challenges without using hammers. Then I can say I beat all the challenges. Using hammers, you haven't beaten them all, but you have completed the challenges mode. Well, that's my opinion. Not everyone agrees with this. So if you disagree with my ideas, I don't mind if you post and disagree. But lets not turn this into a war thread

Zevox

Smash Lord
#1: Clear 100 Multi-man Brawl with all 35 characters

This is impossible. I dont know how anyone could do this. Especially when you have to use characters like Wario, Ike, Snake and Dedede who have serious lag at the beginning or end of their smashes. No way.
This is actually very doable - you simply need to know which attacks to abuse on each character. Its just very time-consuming to learn how to do it right with all of the characters. For instance, I found Ike the absolute easiest character to do it with. You simply abuse his u-tilt, uair, and bair, tossing in a usmash and some specials like Eruption every now and then when appropriate. Hes the one I used to do 100-Man Brawl in under 3.5 minutes with. Dedede is similarly easy, if you abuse his u-tilt, Super Jump (remember, the alloys are idiots - they will sit around and wait to be hit by attacks like that), and bair. Plus item abuse can make this a breeze with the right item spawns - grab every cracker launcher, ray gun, Pokèball, and Assist Trophy that shows up, and use them to obliterate whole swaths of alloys. Beam Swords also rock for this, since their reach when used in an fsmash is huge, and an fsmash from them always kills any alloys it hits no matter what character you use.

kashikomarima****a said:
#4 Get all the Stickers

There are over 600 of these in the game, and many you cant get unless playing Intense level. And others need to be unlocked by clearing Challenges like KOing 10 Alloys in Cruel Brawl. But maybe after several weeks of trying you might get them all.
This is what a sticker/CD factory is for.

Zevox

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I still have my hammers and I am about to use it on the 100-Man Brawl. It's frustrating to know that most of the characters have 90-99 kills and still couldn't get the job done. My usual suspects - Ike, Pikachu, Sonic, and Lucas - have all done it with ease but Link and Yoshi and the like are always just there but a lucky hit or a ****ed bomb sends me to my frustrating oblivion. So screw 100-Man Brawl.

I was considering using a hammer on the target test but after learning to use the items and not clinging on to walls, that was a stupid thought.

Boss Mode Intense might be hard since I barely got through Very Hard. Just got to learn to air dodge more effectively...

Actually, I haven't unlocked playing at Mushroomy Kingdom and Norfair yet. And I don't plan on even setting foot on either stage.

Cruel Brawl was easy. Lucas got me 16 kills with the PK Thunder.

I think I've said too much of nothing.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if someone has already posted this...but there is a really easy way to do number five. I don't remember who I heard it from, but thanks to whomever that was.

Anyway, you just pick a character, peferably one with decent coverage on their jumping and upB move, and when the match starts, run to the edge and hang from it. After about a second, drop straight down and do you up B move make up to the platform. I did this with fox, but you need to drop dangerously low to get the alloys to follow you, so I tried a different method where I'd use my second jump to get to about eye level with them, only farther out from the edge, and then upB diagonally once I had fallen for a while. Every once in a while if they weren't jumping enough, I might use the first jump to pop up so they would actually be attracted to me and then repeat the second jump out plus upB, but I wouldn't recommend doing so every time because the alloys will get a cheap move in if you get too cocky. My last piece of advice is that footstooling can sometimes be done if you time it just right, but watch out for the green alloys--they have a lot of jump in them, can recover from really low falls and are always the ones that can get a nair in if you let them jump around you for too long.

Ya, I think I got close to fifteen or something. Happy hunting!

Peace,

Mikau

Top Bottom