• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most console wanted

What nintendo console do you not have that you want?

• New 3ds

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3ds/3ds XL

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wii U

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DsI/DsI XL

• Ds/Ds Lite

• Gamecube

• Gameboy Advance/Gameboy Advance SP

• Gameboy Color

• N64

• SNES

• NES

• Game & Watch series handhelds

• Total voters

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
This page is not for listing and selling! Don't ask if anyone has it! This is only of what console you REALLY WANT.

To me, there are a lot of consoles that I don't have, but I want. I think i'm good for a while, but one thing I cannot take my eyes off of is this:

I want this soooo bad, Only $214 after some research and I can't afford it. (also I don't want to sell my current 3ds since I recently got it and it was $25)

Last edited:
As far as Nintendo consoles go, the Gundam GameCube is towards the top of my list. The Mother 3 Micro and a square-button Famicom are both up there as well.

I would like all the various Game Boy Colors, and maybe a Color TV-Game, but those aren't a high priority. I would also enjoy a New 3DS non-XL, if they weren't region-locked.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
As far as Nintendo consoles go, the Gundam GameCube is towards the top of my list. The Mother 3 Micro and a square-button Famicom are both up there as well.

I would like all the various Game Boy Colors, and maybe a Color TV-Game, but those aren't a high priority. I would also enjoy a New 3DS non-XL, if they weren't region-locked.
Gamecube: They Have those?!?! I want one! Micro: Enjoyable if had an extended battery life and easier for brightness. AND A ENGLISH MOTHER 3 PLEASE! Love that game. 3ds: Yea. this one I found online is japan ONLY. I live in the US and why can't I access the US eshop store through a japan 3ds? OH YEA, REGION LOCK! and mewtwo dlc code? OH YEA, REGION LOCK! If xbox and ps don't have region lock, why does nintendo still have it on now?

Last edited:
Gamecube: They Have those?!?! I want one! Micro: Enjoyable if had an extended battery life and easier for brightness. AND A ENGLISH MOTHER 3 PLEASE! Love that game. 3ds: Yea. this one I found online is japan ONLY. I live in the US and why can't I access the US eshop store through a japan 3ds?
I am 100% certain that an official Mother 3 localization will never happen, so don't hold your breath. And also you can't access the US eShop through a Japanese 3DS because Nintendo is evil and the world is a horrible place.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I am 100% certain that an official Mother 3 localization will never happen, so don't hold your breath. And also you can't access the US eShop through a Japanese 3DS because Nintendo is evil and the world is a horrible place.
Most horrible place for most people. and yea... Nintendo needs to step it up. I mean, just put an option to pick where you live and then eshop will be activated by where you are. I will encourage nintendo to make this a reality. However, I bet it will be impossible to have an update change that

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Problem with the Monaco New 3DS is that it is region locked. But my MH4U New 3DS is pretty snazzy though.

Out of Nintendo consoles though, I want my SNES back. Parents gave it away without me knowing, so I miss it a little.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I voted GBA/GBA SP. I already have a GBA and I used to have an SP, but I sold that one. I actually liked it and wouldn't mind having one again. Having an SP but with the backlight would be great. Or one of those modded first gen GBAs to have backlight screens.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I voted GBA/GBA SP. I already have a GBA and I used to have an SP, but I sold that one. I actually liked it and wouldn't mind having one again. Having an SP but with the backlight would be great. Or one of those modded first gen GBAs to have backlight screens.
Thx for the fix

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I just want a WiiU. Darn this lack of expendable income towards games! :mad:

finalark

SNORLAX
A SNES. Lots of good games, but unfortunately every game worth owning and the console itself get more and more expensive every year.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
N64 because it's the only Nintendo i haven't ever owned (besides virtual boy) and i want a good way of playing Smash 64.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
N64 because it's the only Nintendo i haven't ever owned (besides virtual boy) and i want a good way of playing Smash 64.

As an N64 owner, I highly recommend you get one. I love it so much. It's really worth getting one if you're into 3D platformers like Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie. Plus Goldeneye.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I've got a few extras. ;)

Doubt I paid more than $10 for any one of these. Where I live people sell N64 cheap because they look horrible on modern HDTV's so hardly anybody wants them anymore.

I want a 3DS XL but I'm too cheap to buy one.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I've got a few extras. ;)

Doubt I paid more than $10 for any one of these. Where I live people sell N64 cheap because they look horrible on modern HDTV's so hardly anybody wants them anymore.

I want a 3DS XL but I'm too cheap to buy one.

You launching missles with that setup?

finalark

SNORLAX
The N64 was good in its day but most people consider it obsolete now.
To be fair, it kind of is. Unfortunately, just like it's rival consoles the Saturn and PlayStation, it and it's library really haven't aged all that well. Oh well, still worthwhile if you're into collecting.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
To be fair, it kind of is. Unfortunately, just like it's rival consoles the Saturn and PlayStation, it and it's library really haven't aged all that well. Oh well, still worthwhile if you're into collecting.
So many of the N64's best games are available on other consoles that probably only competitive Smash 64 players want the original console anymore. Besides, the analog stick on the N64 is so bad that most people would rather use almost any other controller.

finalark

SNORLAX
So many of the N64's best games are available on other consoles that probably only competitive Smash 64 players want the original console anymore. Besides, the analog stick on the N64 is so bad that most people would rather use almost any other controller.
Unfortunately, this is a problem that most old consoles are suffering. These days the best games of yesteryear are available digitally or in enhanced HD versions that there's almost no point to buying originals anymore. Ironically, you'd think that less people buying them would cause the price to go down but instead prices for old games and consoles have shot though the roof. Instead of your usual supply-and-demand sort of deal the second hand market has resorted to targeting collectors, who sellers know are willing to pay obscene prices for certain things.

Case and point: F-Zero GX used to be one of the best cheap games on GCN, as it usually ran for around $8 at lowest and $15 at highest. Starting at the beginning of this year, copies suddenly started going for $30+. Although a lot of GCN games haven't been re-released, so this is expected.

EDIT: Although looking at the prices of some N64, PS1 and Dreamcast games that have be re released to death it looks like prices are starting to go back down despite being sky high a year ago.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
EDIT: Although looking at the prices of some N64, PS1 and Dreamcast games that have be re released to death it looks like prices are starting to go back down despite being sky high a year ago.
Recently, many notable pundits have been predicting that the retro video game bubble is about to burst. Prices were artificially inflated by so-called "collectors" and now the market is going to correct itself.

finalark

SNORLAX
Recently, many notable pundits have been predicting that the retro video game bubble is about to burst. Prices were artificially inflated by so-called "collectors" and now the market is going to correct itself.
That's good to hear. I have a local used game store by me that adjusts their prices according to what the average was considered online. This means that they had around four or five copies of Ocarina of Time hanging around the store unsold because nobody wanted to pay $60 for a copy, along with many other games with similar issues. Best selling titles that are easy to find should never be that expensive, and looking at some pricing online it looks like copies of OoT are falling back into a respectable $20 range.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I'm trying to have an N64 to go with every copy of Mario Kart and Smash 64 I own. ;)

The N64 was good in its day but most people consider it obsolete now.
I'm proud that I own two copies of Mario kart 64, and two copies of Mario 64. Only one Smash, though.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm proud that I own two copies of Mario kart 64, and two copies of Mario 64. Only one Smash, though.
I really just wanted to own a North American and Japanese copy of my two favorite N64 games. As these pictures show, in that endeavor I've been successful.

I purchased these games several years ago when prices were still reasonable if not down-right cheap. If I wanted these games today, however, I'd probably just emulate 'em. ;)

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Still need to get myself a Wii U.
I'm playing on my Wii U even more than my PS4 nowadays thanks to Mario Kart 8 and Sm4sh. I can't understand why people are so negative towards the Wii U when it's a truly brilliant console that even offers free on-line.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I'm playing on my Wii U even more than my PS4 nowadays thanks to Mario Kart 8 and Sm4sh. I can't understand why people are so negative towards the Wii U when it's a truly brilliant console that even offers free on-line.
That is very true, play station's PS3 used to have it free, but the PS4 doesn't due to not being hacked again. The wii u is truly amazing, like you said... Other people think it really isn't a good console, I don't get that too. The games on there are addicting (Hyrule warriors for example) and I keep wanting to playing it.

People view the Wii U negatively because of the lack of third-party support. It's a good machine for playing Nintendo games, and that's it. Some people also don't much care for Nintendo first-party, which leaves them with no reason to care about the Wii U whatsoever.

finalark

SNORLAX
People view the Wii U negatively because of the lack of third-party support. It's a good machine for playing Nintendo games, and that's it. Some people also don't much care for Nintendo first-party, which leaves them with no reason to care about the Wii U whatsoever.
Not to mention that the Nintendo releases in question tend to be really slow too, meaning that there's long periods of time where there's not a whole lot to play.

But really, Nintendo's always had this problem.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Even though I own several GameCubes, I find that the backwards compatible Wii's basically rendered the GC obsolete.

Top Bottom