• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Challenging MU for your Main.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
:4robinm: vs :4fox: really hard match up due to the his crazy ups and extremely fast falls. He basically dictates the pace of the game. Not to mention you can't punish most of his smash attacks with your own before he shields, then smash attacks again.
Though thankfully after a lot of Nairo matches and other competent Robin players, I now have a few counter measures.

:4lucina: vs :4shulk: Honestly a bit surprised that he's my hardest match up with her. Not even Sheik or Fox give me as much trouble as a Shulk that knows how to properly space and use his arts to the fullest. Not only is his range basically 3 Lucina Falchions but even though he has bad frame data, Lucina still struggles to punish a number of his arials, top that off with his speed and jump arts that let him control the matchup in a similar fashion to Sonic, he is overall fairly annoying to deal with. Not to mention you can't really counter any of his smash attacks due to the two hit system, with the second one being the heavy hitting attack. Sometimes the range difference shows and even when you counter the second hit(energy based ones), you STILL might not hit him.
I completely agree with you that those matchups are rough if the player you are against maximizes the potential of those characters, Shulk gives me more trouble then Robin, as i can rush Him/Her down. but a shulk that knows how to space well, and mixup his Monado's seems nearly impossible to beat with Lucina.

Last edited:

EleH

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbguy13
3DS FC
3136-7287-8530
:4robinm: vs :4fox: really hard match up due to the his crazy ups and extremely fast falls. He basically dictates the pace of the game. Not to mention you can't punish most of his smash attacks with your own before he shields, then smash attacks again.
Though thankfully after a lot of Nairo matches and other competent Robin players, I now have a few counter measures.

:4lucina: vs :4shulk: Honestly a bit surprised that he's my hardest match up with her. Not even Sheik or Fox give me as much trouble as a Shulk that knows how to properly space and use his arts to the fullest. Not only is his range basically 3 Lucina Falchions but even though he has bad frame data, Lucina still struggles to punish a number of his arials, top that off with his speed and jump arts that let him control the matchup in a similar fashion to Sonic, he is overall fairly annoying to deal with. Not to mention you can't really counter any of his smash attacks due to the two hit system, with the second one being the heavy hitting attack. Sometimes the range difference shows and even when you counter the second hit(energy based ones), you STILL might not hit him.

:4zss: vs :4sheik: Unsurprising that the only other character I have a hard time with ZSS is Sheik, another character with insane frame data, but even more so.

Honorable mention to :4rob: have hard time with him using every single character except :4zss:
That Gyro.
:4fox:can do that to any floaty character with slow air speed. Ike, Shulk, Palutena, and yes, Robin. If Fox can powershield your options from above, you're outta luck here.
I 100% agree that this MU is hard. Not impossible, but enough that I'd recommend a different character to try.

The best thing to do as:4lucina:vs :4shulk:is to try to cover his landings. Monado Arts are annoying, yeah, but he can't keep away forever. Juggling him also works wonders in this MU too, because Shulk's options for below are pretty limited attack wise. Oh yeah, you can air dodge to get in up close. That works really well if he's spacing with fair or nair, just don't get predictable.

Can't help you with the :4sheik:vs :4zss:, no MU experience :(

And yeah, anybody vs :4rob:hard for me. I think dittos are fun though.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
:4lucario: vs. :4link:

In the hands of a good player who knows their stuff, in my experiences, Link can almost completely shut down Lucario.

For starters, I cannot force an approach from Link. between Link's arsenal of projectiles, most of which will override/bypass/cancel Lucario's Aura Sphere at any %. Then there's the Hylian Shield, which will stop Aura Sphere and Force Palm at any %, and unlike other projectile countermeasures, I can't bait it out for a punish since Link isn't doing anything to get the shield up. So I have to bring the fight to Link.

That in itself isn't so bad. There are other matchups Lucario has to approach for, but with Link, I have to approach through all those projectiles, past the clawshot, and around the reach of the Master Sword before I can so much as land one swipe or make one grab. I have to do all those reads/predictions/acrobatics, and with a character that is not especially mobile. my Fox has little trouble dashing in and racking up damage for instance, But Lucario has a lot of trouble getting inside. And even when Lucario does finally make it and can land some hits, it's not like Link is helpless up close vs. Lucario, with relatively quick jabs and a Nair that is nearly instant.

On top of all that, Link is also a (somewhat) heavyweight and can hit really really hard. This means Link can very easily knock out Lucario well before ludicrous aura kicks in, and can fairly easily survive and hit back in the time leading up.

Most other matchups I am okay with. Even the problem matchups, like :4falcon:and even :4ness:, there are things I can do to sway the match more into my terms as Lucario. My being successful as Lucario vs. Link is essentially dependent on the Link player 1) not knowing the matchup, 2) not being experienced, and/or 3) making several key mistakes in the match.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
User was warned for this post
I completely agree with you that those matchups are rough if the player you are against maximizes the potential of those characters, Shulk gives me more trouble then Robin, as i can rush Him/Her down. but a shulk that knows how to space well, and mixup his Monado's seems nearly impossible to beat with Lucina.
Main problem I have with that matchup is just getting the kill. He's rough to hit, but definitely manageable. It's just with such small windows it's kind of hard to land a killing attack.

:4fox:can do that to any floaty character with slow air speed. Ike, Shulk, Palutena, and yes, Robin. If Fox can powershield your options from above, you're outta luck here.
I 100% agree that this MU is hard. Not impossible, but enough that I'd recommend a different character to try.

The best thing to do as:4lucina:vs :4shulk:is to try to cover his landings. Monado Arts are annoying, yeah, but he can't keep away forever. Juggling him also works wonders in this MU too, because Shulk's options for below are pretty limited attack wise. Oh yeah, you can air dodge to get in up close. That works really well if he's spacing with fair or nair, just don't get predictable.

Can't help you with the :4sheik:vs :4zss:, no MU experience :(

And yeah, anybody vs :4rob:hard for me. I think dittos are fun though.
In regards to :4robinm: vs :4fox: he is easily the hardest MU I've ever had, so against him I tend to play defensively and try to force an arial approach. I just really need to work on timing my (spaced)fairs and bairs when he pulls a meteor and fast falls while doing a nair/dair/fair. Though it is really relieving to know that you can spike him while he's recovering since both of his options have a small open window for it(even if it is still a bit hard). Also, I cannot emphasize just how important pivot grabs are. Especially with the down-throw upair combo.

Mentioned this before, but :4lucina: vs :4shulk: while the range difference is a nightmare, it's really about even landing a killing blow that isn't a grab to upthrow at 165%+. Though I never did think about airdodging while he does his fast fall arials. Will give that a try.

:4zss: vs :4sheik: It's really about landing those zairs and keeping myself in a preferable position. Like below Sheik, or spaced whips. MU can go either way, but man is it rough on both sides.

Now off to go watch a :4rob: vs :4rob:

Last edited by a moderator:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
EDIT:

:4samus:vs CAMPY :4littlemac: is horrifying
:4samus:vs:4yoshi: is dumb
:4samus:vs:4metaknight: is impossible

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
As a Kirby player, I personally can't stand from most to least:

:4yoshi: - If I jump off the ground at all, I'll get F-Aired back down for my troubles. And don't even get me started on his weight, the eggs, the double jump armor, and his floatiness making him impossible to combo.
:4metaknight: - If he knows how to Shuttle Loop well, I can die at like 30%. Luckily I haven't met any yet. But the fear is real.
:4sonic: - He's tough enough to punish in real life as it is. How you punish him in LAG?
:4ness: - How do you approach this boy without disjoints? That N-Air is just so good. And Up Air hits crazy hard, and if whiff anything, I'll be getting Back-Thrown to the blast zone at like 80%
:4dedede: - So dang heavy and the range of that hammer is a pain. I've only played DDD's with Kirby on Wifi though so naturally it'll be more hectic.
:4myfriends: - Same as DDD but with a sword and better neutral and frame data. Yeesh.
:4peach: - Just floats above me all day, and since Kirby only has one aerial that comes out sooner than frame 10, I'll often get slammed by F-Air if I try to knock her down.
:4pit: :4darkpit:- They're pretty much Mario with a sword. Plenty of attacks with low startup and cooldown AND disjointed range to boot. Talk about obnoxious.
:4pacman: - Trampolines, hydrants, bonus fruits...everywhere.
:4greninja: - Try playing Kirby against a campy Greninja. A character with a projectile I can't crouch and likely has the best all-around mobility in the game. Its...just not fun at all.

...Wow that was really cathartic! :laugh:

Last edited:

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Hard Matchups for me personally are:
:4link: vs. :4fox::4falco:, since spacies can reflect my projectiles, and especially Fox because of his speed that overwhelms Link.
:4marth:vs. :rosalina::4sonic::4pikachu::4yoshi:
Rosaluma can just wall Marth out, Sonic is too fast and punishes Marth hard. Pikachu is quick and short, I have especially a hard time against Pikachus who are always moving. And for some reason I have a hard time against Yoshi. I'm not exactly sure why.

Pugwest

Smash Apprentice
Im curious what people would say are character specifically, their toughest matchups? For instance i personally have a huge problem with DDD, but by matchup i do not see him as near the most difficult for my Main Lucina.

In my opinion the Match i see as the hardest for Lucina to overcome is Either ZSS or Sonic played by a skilled opponent.

:4zss: VS :4lucina:: Can Mix-up her approach and has the tools to strike from outside most characters ability when it comes to Spacing. She also is not possible to wall out and forces you to approach without any projectile. One mistep with your approach you can get Punished with a stun to U-Air UP-B death combo at a mid %.

Lucina also has huge trouble picking up the KO when ZSS is careful which leads to beating her out in typical DPS which causes you to be fighting from a very conservative place to try not to get caught up in a Combo at least. Lucina thrives off of a bait and punish stye but those opportunities become few and far between against a good ZSS and her minimal lag on anything but a whiffed grab. That's why i see her as the most difficult MU for my Main.
I'm a Marth main and Have two good players whom use Zss and Sonic. I tried going Lucina vs Zss once and I can confirm it was worth it XD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbPqeHx5sYk&list=PLAIIMiVssmgq1QiPuX5ObDjLzgZs6bhYm&index=8

Hope this helps you out understanding the neutral game vs Zss.

The most difficult MU for my Marth currently is either Sheik or Olimar. Sheik doesn't even have to try to win its just dumb and Olimar is the lag wall.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Ness main. Fox, Diddy, Shiek? They're fine. Rosalina, Zero Suit? Harder, but not impossible. Do you want to know the real difficulty?

Toon Link.

I just can't do anything when Toon Link is filling the screen with projectiles. Especially when the TL player knows how to space away from Ness' aerials, there just isn't much I can do.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
It might be just me, but...
:4mario:vs.:4marth: is very problematic for me even if Marth has been nerfed to oblivion in this game. I might just think that way because my friend is both a very good Marth and a very annoying one, but still, it feels like Marth outranges Mario when it comes to physical attacks, and a tippered Side Smash from him seems to KO Mario at about 50-60%, which is insane when it feels like a Side Smash from Mario seems to only KO Marth at about 90-110%. I know Marth is an early KOer and now, that's his playstyle. Marth also runs faster and I'm fairly sure his grab range is bigger (honestly: as if having a bigger grab range than Mario was any noteworthy achievement) so it kind of feels like Mario is at a disavantage when it comes to neutral game.
I know this thread isn't for that, but if anyone knows what can I do to make this matchup easier, let me know >~<

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I main Dedede, so I've got a story to tell.

:4dedede: vs. :4zss: has got to be one of if not the most lopsided MUs in the whole game. ZSS just shuts down Dedede so hard. She can deal with Gordos easily, absolutely murders Dedede in neutral, and since Dedede is a fastfaller he's an easy victim to her quite deadly combos (up airs into Boost Kick, down smash lock across stage into Flip Jump spike). He just gets no room to breathe in this matchup whatsoever because of how good ZSS' frame data is along with how awesome she is at rushdown, plus she gets so much reward off of a grab and Dedede has nothing to contest it. If you play Dedede or any other heavy going up against her is a death wish.
True but i just destroyed a ZSS 3 matches in a row he insisted we keep playing lol...he was bad though i know how hard it can be if it was a really good ZSS.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
My :4lucas::4ness: vs :rosalina:

It wouldnt honestly be that much of a problem imo if it wasnt for the fact you cant recover anymore.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
:4pikachu: vs :4mario:: This matchup is trash. Mario has no obvious faults to exploit; you really do have to play the player 100% here, and if you aren't better than the opponent, chances are you're going to lose.

:4feroy: vs :4sheik:: Sheik can zone the hell out of you, and all you really can do is EDD and perf. shield. Luckily, your rage will kick in soon enough so that way you can try to pick the lead back up,

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
:4tlink: is such a pain in the *** for :4jigglypuff:, she can very easily get walled with projectiles and her air game is slow and pretty predictable when edgeguarding, and :4tlink: has good enough air game to pretty easily fight back. Only nice thing is puff floats enough to avoid the 2nd hit of fsmash.

Though it is kind of on me for maining Puff, tbh
I disagree. I've never had problems with toon link. I usually switch to Jigglypuff if I'm not doing so good against Toon Link. I guess you just gotta get good at catching bombs and waiting out for his attacks. I think I usually play on the ground a lot more against toon link for some reason. Get your perfect shields down and look for patterns.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
As Zelda, Little Mac. Her projectiles are completely useless in neutral and he will punish Din's Fire no matter how far she is, all you have is the worst CQC in the game against the best one. At least she can gimp him in many ways once he is offstage, but that's the hard part.

Then Sonic...
So true! :4zelda: vs. :4littlemac: is sooo frustrating since Mac's ground game is near impossible to beat without being really good (so not me :crying:)...

Then again I find Macs difficult regardless of character unless he's offstage. His super armor smashes are just too scary for me. *shivers*

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
The hardest one is Rosalina for me. It's really difficult to get into the groove of defeating her, but other than that Zelda cause I constanly over look her cause of how the tiers look at her.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
:4wario:vrs :4diddy:

Diddy is so difficult for Wario. So so hard. Banana and fair just destroys wario in neutral. You can't bait and punish because Diddy has speed to match. He shuts out bike approaches as well. And if you try to run away and camp you give Diddy free bananas the whole match so I feel you kind of are forced to go in on Diddy. I feel like there's no situation you're winning in this matchup except offstage. Better hit your waft or get a clutch gimp or you lose. Literally the only way to win otherwise is to own your opponent's soul in neutral because Diddy's neutral destroys warios.

:4sheik:matchup is pretty much the same story but I feel Diddy is harder since sheik has harder time getting the KO even though you still get owned in neutral.

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I have a rough time dealing with :4sheik: as :4rob:.
The fairs are hard to deal with, as they out range all our forward-facing options outside of lasers and gyros.however, holding a gyro in your hand for an extended period of time is something. You can lose it from anything sheik does on top of throwing it at her and missing, not grabbing it in time, accidental inputs and just anything. It's really hard. Bair ranges it, but it takes a hard read. When we get hit, sheik can just body is so hard from there. It's hard establishing our distance and swinging on between ranges when she can fight from a far-ish distance near-equally and then beat us really really bad up close if we don't have the advantage going in already and we are fighting on even ground. We have mixups to get the grab for our convos, but sheik can just return to stage just like that since her disadvantage state is freakin amazing and after the quick 21%, she's most likely back on stage. That's if we even get to grab her. With the tools and options she has in spades, it's just a struggle to deliver the momentum-changing blow to change the tides. However, at least with us, we're able to punish bad bouncing dishes with lasers and gyros, so they have to use it a bit more cautiously. Our gyro can act like a wall against needles and allow us to shoot lasers to penetrate her (boy does that sound wrong). Every tilt she has can be punished and bar Fair and Nair, every tilt she uses can be punished off shield, or our gyros and lasers.

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
My hardest matchup is probably Rosalina & Luma, or anyone with more speed, range (Marth?) or a good reflector.

(I main Pacman)

DERPFISHsaysNO

Smash Cadet
Sonic or Yoshi.
:4kirby: vs :4sonic:: Sonic is able to punish Kirby fantastically. His dash attack, down b, and side b punishes lead to serious damage vs Kirby. Also his rather excellent vertical recovery causes issues for a character whose main strength lies in offstage edgeguards and gimps. However, unless said Sonic has excellent DI, once he is in the air, Kirby can have a field day with him.

:4kirby: vs :4yoshi: : Super armor jumps are evil. I know that the issue is negated after a certain % (75% I think? Or maybe 90%?). However, during this time, Kirby is nearly helpless to stop Yoshi from plowing through his offense with parries and eggs. Inhale is only an option to prevent a party if the Yoshi does not hit recognize the attempt and throw out a Nair or Bair. Down air is an option, but its short range is a major issue. Once Yoshi's ability to parry has been nullified, the matchup begins to favor Kirby. However, struggling your opponent to death percent through pokes as a combo character is not a reliable option.

SuFiRo

Smash Rookie
NNID
UmRine
As a Little Mac main, I feel like I'm at the point to where I can at least stand a chance to any matchup, even the seemingly impossible ones, but there is still one matchup I have trouble with 9 times outta 10.

:4littlemac: vs :4littlemac:: Even against some more unskilled players, I feel like a Little Mac ditto can go either way. Both players just plowing through each other's attacks and whatnot. Mac's edgeguard game in somewhat nonexistent, which bodes well for the Little Mac he's going against, and vice versa. That applies to many of Mac's weaknesses.
It might just be me not knowing how to deal with my own main, or it might not, I'm not sure. Is this normal for most dittos?

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
As a Little Mac main, I feel like I'm at the point to where I can at least stand a chance to any matchup, even the seemingly impossible ones, but there is still one matchup I have trouble with 9 times outta 10.

:4littlemac: vs :4littlemac:: Even against some more unskilled players, I feel like a Little Mac ditto can go either way. Both players just plowing through each other's attacks and whatnot. Mac's edgeguard game in somewhat nonexistent, which bodes well for the Little Mac he's going against, and vice versa. That applies to many of Mac's weaknesses.
It might just be me not knowing how to deal with my own main, or it might not, I'm not sure. Is this normal for most dittos?
Yes, this sort of thing happens in Dedede dittos as well. Mostly because when two gordos enter the field at once, chaos ensues. I have spent so much time playing matches with only one gordo on the field, so I can use it to precisely set up traps and danger zones on stage. But when two people are using gordos at once, they often collide, and can do really strange things. They sometimes blast off in different directions really quickly, they sometimes both blast in one direction, they do very strange angles, and as a result you get the jankiest tennis match in history. Since Dededes never practice with more than one gordo on the field, the ditto is very strange, so it is often hard to tell who the better player is.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
No matter who I'm playing as, I always have a super hard time against:4mario::4zss::4lucas::4pikachu::4kirby::4littlemac::4dk::4diddy::4ryu::rosalina::4lucario::4wario::4ganondorf::4sonic::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::4drmario::4falco::4pit::4darkpit:and any character wielding a sword.
Yeah, I'm pretty bad. There're probably more that I didn't even go into. Safe to say I'll be able to add:4bayonetta:to that list when she comes out as well.
As for more character-specific things, my R.O.B. can never seem to beat:4sheik::4falcon::4villager::4zelda:and:4yoshi:for mostly obvious reasons. My Mewtwo, from what I've noticed (haven't really played with him as much), tends to struggle against:4dedede::4megaman:and:4charizard:due to either their range, power, or both. Ditto matches, of course, always kill me as well.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion the Match i see as the hardest for Lucina to overcome is Either ZSS or Sonic played by a skilled opponent.
In my experience, the hardest matchup for a colorblind 21 year old male much like myself is purple text on a black background

D

Deleted member

:4charizard: is only a secondary, but I may as well say a few for him.
:4diddy: UGH. I hate this MU so much. Bananas wreck almost all of Charizard's approaches, and despite Flamethrower beating bananas they do little to offset the fact Diddy combos Zard to high hell. At least Diddy's reasonably easy to edgeguard with Flamethrow being able to gimp his jetpack and bair, fair and dair stuff him.

:4fox::4falco: Zard just can't deal with these two. They both are absolute combo monsters, and Falco's blaster is stupid good at camping Zard out despite it being rather slow. Falco's also somebody to fear offstage especially since his fair offstage has good KO power and don't get me started on his down air. Dying to down smash edgeguards from both is also never fun since Zard can't recover from the angle he's launched.

:4tlink: sjnsjadfjdajdskjdkdjkajskjdkjkadjkdjkasjkasdjksdjksdjkjssdjksdjsdkj STOP THE BOOMERANGS. STOP THE BOMBS. STOP THAT HOOKSHOT. STOP THAT UP AIR THAT LINGERS FOR SO MANY DAMN FRAMES.

Last edited by a moderator:
this probably isn't a bad matchup for luigi, but lately, i've been having trouble with dedede
when going against him, i have no trouble racking up damage
however, i can never seem to land a KO on the obese pingu wannabe (probably because i dont know any good
luigi kill setups, besides dthrow to down special)

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
As a :4feroy: main, I have difficulties with characters most used characters and many players have mastered. I have not mastered Roy, but he is my most used character that I know better than any other. But again, I'm not perfect with him. If I had to say a character I am weak with, It's :rosalina: even if i'm still training her.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I main Mewtwo and I think the worst thing that can pop up versus me is this overrated, overpowered trash -> :4littlemac:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
When I'm :4iggy:, I personally have a hard time against :4myfriends:. Besides mechakoopa, he has much greater range than I do and I have to play far different to be able to overcome.

When I'm :4charizard:, I'd say probably :4ness:.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
:4lucario: vs. :4link:

In the hands of a good player who knows their stuff, in my experiences, Link can almost completely shut down Lucario.

For starters, I cannot force an approach from Link. between Link's arsenal of projectiles, most of which will override/bypass/cancel Lucario's Aura Sphere at any %. Then there's the Hylian Shield, which will stop Aura Sphere and Force Palm at any %, and unlike other projectile countermeasures, I can't bait it out for a punish since Link isn't doing anything to get the shield up. So I have to bring the fight to Link.

That in itself isn't so bad. There are other matchups Lucario has to approach for, but with Link, I have to approach through all those projectiles, past the clawshot, and around the reach of the Master Sword before I can so much as land one swipe or make one grab. I have to do all those reads/predictions/acrobatics, and with a character that is not especially mobile. my Fox has little trouble dashing in and racking up damage for instance, But Lucario has a lot of trouble getting inside. And even when Lucario does finally make it and can land some hits, it's not like Link is helpless up close vs. Lucario, with relatively quick jabs and a Nair that is nearly instant.

On top of all that, Link is also a (somewhat) heavyweight and can hit really really hard. This means Link can very easily knock out Lucario well before ludicrous aura kicks in, and can fairly easily survive and hit back in the time leading up.

Most other matchups I am okay with. Even the problem matchups, like :4falcon:and even :4ness:, there are things I can do to sway the match more into my terms as Lucario. My being successful as Lucario vs. Link is essentially dependent on the Link player 1) not knowing the matchup, 2) not being experienced, and/or 3) making several key mistakes in the match.
For link a full aura ball will punish any projectile except bombs, unless you catch him pulling it out. With samus vs link i just charge up full and if i see him even pull out a boomerang or arrow i fire, the boomerang isnt strong enough to negate any full CS and if you fire a CS right when he pulls out a bow he wont have time to get it charged enough to negate it. I assume an auraball with some aura will be just as easy. For his shield short hop then fire, headshot the fool. Once you exploint the weaknesses in his projectile game hes forced to approach. And i feel Lucario does waaay beter close quarters than Samus. Links dash attack is easy to punish, and you have a counter as well for his SH Fair mixups. To get a full charge easy charge away from link and powershield his projectile pressure until you get full. Then if he keeps using arrows and boomerangs, go ahead and teach him why CS's should be feared.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
As :4peach: I have a horrible time against :4cloud: and :4littlemac:. their moves are so fast and powerful I barely have time to do anything, especially because even if I hit Mac, I'm still getting launched into the air and he's perfectly fine because of his super armor making it hard to get him off stage. Toad is rarely effective and grabs are hard to get because of how fast he is. Cloud is almost impossible to get anywhere near because of the crazy range on all of his moves and his giant spamable projectile

With :4ness: I would say its :4gaw: or :4dedede:. Against G&W I pretty much have to avoid using PK fire at all because of his bucket, and PK thunder is risky as well. his food creates a barrier that's hard to get past since it blocks me from getting to him horizontally and if I try to approach from the air it's so predictable. Dedede is just annoying and I don't know the best way to go about fighting him. Gordos are easy to repel but the range of his attacks and how powerful they are leaves little room for error because one whiffed move leaves you open to a hard hitting and long ranged attack. his aerials are good so challenging him in the air rarely goes my way and his weight makes him hard to kill throw, I just can't figure out how to fight him the right way

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
Olimar vs
Fox

there has just been countless times where I've gotten knocked out tournaments by fox, he's just really fast, makes smashing pikmin and rolling very unsafe and punishable, and it can be hard to land back on stage ...

Olimar vs Litte Mac

I think I actually hate this match up more than anything, I think I just hate facing little mac in general....it tend to be really tedious to try to get him off the ledge, a lot of his attacks have some sort of invincibility which I somehow always manage to forget....and that KO b special is absolutely ridiculous because it can knock olimar out around 30% I think I just need to get gud but I usually leave a little mac battle feeling extra salty

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
For :4charizard:, I feel the most challenging MU (outside of :4sheik:, because that's cheating. And obvious. :p) is actually a tie between :4sonic: and :4zss:. They're fast, have quick attacks and generally are just a pain in the @!?$ to fight. :4diddy:'s pretty bad, but with the end of the Hoo-Hah, he's become more manageable for Charizard, if only a little. Zamus and Sonic still kick my tail to this day.

As for :4littlemac:....well, to be honest I think the worst MU for Mac as of current is also a tie between :4tlink: and :4villager:; specifically because they can really punish you for missing an attack with not much risk to themselves.

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
I used to be a die hard Ike main, unfortunately for glory is filled with one kid who is able to destroy him with like no effort, and the only way I could make this child of Satan pay was by maining his worst matchup, Rosaluma

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Pretty much anyone who's quick on their feet is trouble.
:4sheik::4sonic::4zss: <--- These guys.

:4cloud:<--- This guy is also trouble.
Usually you only get to pick two out of power/speed/range. Yet he gets it all. 'suppose hordes of fanboys does that.

:4villager::4villagerf:<--- These kids are tricky too.
But some of them don't realize that if I reflect a pocketed Gordo, they are instantly KO'd.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
For link a full aura ball will punish any projectile except bombs, unless you catch him pulling it out. With samus vs link i just charge up full and if i see him even pull out a boomerang or arrow i fire, the boomerang isnt strong enough to negate any full CS and if you fire a CS right when he pulls out a bow he wont have time to get it charged enough to negate it. I assume an auraball with some aura will be just as easy. For his shield short hop then fire, headshot the fool. Once you exploint the weaknesses in his projectile game hes forced to approach. And i feel Lucario does waaay beter close quarters than Samus. Links dash attack is easy to punish, and you have a counter as well for his SH Fair mixups. To get a full charge easy charge away from link and powershield his projectile pressure until you get full. Then if he keeps using arrows and boomerangs, go ahead and teach him why CS's should be feared.
Hope this helps.
Boomerang negates aura sphere at any charge at any %. The boomerang stops it too, but it takes out the aura sphere with it, and I have to start all over again.

Top Bottom