• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Anticipated Games

RazeveX

Smash Ace
In no particular order...

1. Huxley (PC and Xbox360) http://www.huxleygame.com/ (Release March 2008)
2. Gran Turismo 4 Mobile (PSP)
3. hmm....i wonder...oh thats right! SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL
4. Starcraft 2 (PC) (TBA 2008 i think)

Hmm....theres probably more, but i sure cant think of them right now...

So...you can comment on my games, or comment about yours, etc.

oh, i forgot one.

5. DUKE NUKEM FOREVER (lol)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
We usually do have a "What are your Most Anticipated [Year] Titles?" topic, you just got to it a bit early... but I'll allow it!

Anyways, as much as I want to be excited that a console is getting something like Huxley, I'm too worried about it. There haven't been any updates on the game in a long time, leading me to believe that it's going to get pushed back even further into 2008. Smash Bros of course is a given, I'll be happy to play with my friends online (as well as some of you guys), though I'm not letting myself get too excited over online because of the whole Friend Code business along with Nintendo not letting you get into specific games with specific friends in any of their games.

Anyhow, my most anticipated titles:

1) Fable 2
I loved the original Fable, and despite lacking a lot of the things that were promised when it was announced as Project Ego, it was still a blast to play through and had a lot of character. Aside from a few missing features, load times were days long. By days I mean around 2 minutes each, which was ridiculous, you encountered them every minute or so. Hopefully though things like that'll be sorted out in Fable 2, which is supposed finished story-wise and coding-wise, they're just beefing up the graphics and fixing bugs from now until whenever they decide to launch it in 2008.

2) Grand Theft Auto IV
Rockstar, why oh why did you announce a release date so long ago? It was a stupid move and all you did was disappoint a bunch of fans when you were announced "yeah, it's being pushed about 6 months." Now I have to wait till at least April? ****. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth it, I mean, I wouldn't want to know how many hours I wasted with San Andreas and Vice City, I'm sure GTAIV will not disappoint.

3) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I already mumbled about this earlier in my post, so no more mumbling.

4) Halo Wars
I love RTSes, which rarely show up on consoles, I also love Halo, this should be great. Halo was originally going to be a RTS for the Mac, so this will be really interesting to see how it ends up. It's not being made by Bungie, either, but by the Age of Empire guys, Ensemble Studios.

5) Banjo Kazooie
Banjo is finally being revived on the 360. I was expecting this to hit in 2007, but at E3 Microsoft said they'd only be talking about games hitting in 2007, Banjo wasn't mentioned. If it's not 2008, I'll be seriously confused, though, it is Rare. The game should be gorgeous (Kameo and Viva Pinata were, and from the looks of it, it's following an art style closer to Viva Pinata) and will hopefully play great. The 360 doesn't have any decent platformers and Rare's Conkers BFD and Banjo 1 and 2 titles for the N64 were outstanding.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Only 3 games have my attention:

1. Spore - Mother of GOD I would sell my soul to the devil for this game.
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 - It's gorgeous looking and the story should finally end here.
3. Infamous - I REALLY liked the trailer I saw at E3 and I love powerful main characters and weak enemies.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
This is for 2008:
  1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (obviously) - I want to have some intense multiplayer action. I'm also eagerly anticipated being here throughout the development of the competitive scene.
    -
  2. No More Heroes - The action looks fun (albeit somewhat hack-n-slash), and the characters seem to have personalities that rival MGS.
    -
  3. Metal Gear Solid 4/Metal Gear Online - Speaking of MGS, I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid 2, and I have MGS 3. 4 looks like it'll have an (as always) amazing story and less clunky gameplay. Metal Gear Online will be very fun, especially if it supports split-screen online (or maybe all PS3 online games support this; I don't know, I don't have one yet).
    -
  4. Mushroom Men/Ghostbusters (Wii version) - Both are made by Red Fly Studio, one of the up and coming studios funded by Gamecock. Mushroom Men oozes style and creativity, and Ghostbusters has IR aiming, co-op, and is being built ground-up for Wii (NOT PORTED FROM PS2!!)
    -
  5. Bond 22 (Wii version) - I know that we know nothing about it (besides that Treyarch is making it), but if it's anything like Agent Under Fire or Goldeneye with good IR controls (like Prime 3 or Medal of Honor Heroes 2 good), then it's automatically a party staple.
    -
  6. Spore - The only reason it's so far down is that I'm doubting its appearance in 2008. Otherwise, this game might just control my life for a while.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'd worry about any game made by Treyarch.

Funny you guys bring up Spore. Originally, I was dying to play the game, but now it's taken so long I'd completely forgot about it until I saw Eric's post.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
1) SSBB. It is a given. A must-have for sure. The threequel to the best fighting game imo, with online, custom stages, intense action, new characters and stages... my #1 must-have item for 08'.

2) World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. I closed my fantastic WoW account due to a more hectic lifestyle. I'll probably reactivate it just for this expansion. Awesome new features, with more guarentted to be announced. A bomb in PC gaming waiting to happen :)

3) Prototype. I don't know as much about as my other choices, but this game still looks kick*** either way. The sandbox style gaming, the mutation-slash-super-dude factor, the detail. Screenshots are breathtaking from what I've seen. Only decision left? How long should I hole myself up in my room lol

4) Bionic Commando. I loved the original, and the sequel should meet my wonderful expectations of the original, and them some. Not much else to say, not as many details as I would like. May edit when I read published article on this one.

5) Starcraft 2. The sequel of one of the greatest RTS' of all time. Need I say more?

6) Spore. I had no idea what this was. Now I do, and I'm loving the concept. Sign me up for this one as well :)

Top Bottom