• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most annoying/OP Brawl Character

theredpikachu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Theredpikachu
I Don't Usually complain about Characters But I think The most OP Character in Brawl Is Ice Climbers.Not Only do they have an insane chain grab but they are annoying to kill unless separated.pair that with a good player an you are pretty much unstoppable.a good example is ApexXFireVinnie(Who Btw i think i would Sh*t myself if i ever had to play him)so if you don't believe me search up one of his matches on youtube.anyways what do YOU think is the most OP Brawl Character.Post a reply of your opinion below and have a good day :popo:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Ice climbers are pretty weak in my opinion. If there even separated once I have pretty much won the match.

theredpikachu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Theredpikachu
Depends on the player,some people are insanely good with him although just an average person playing them I supose you are right.who is your main main,jw.cuz iceys are really good at chain grabbing small characters like meta knight and oilmar

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Depends on the player,some people are insanely good with him although just an average person playing them I supose you are right.who is your main main,jw.cuz iceys are really good at chain grabbing small characters like meta knight and oilmar
My mains are Lucario, Metaknight, Sonic, and Ike

theredpikachu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Theredpikachu
My mains are Lucario, Metaknight, Sonic, and Ike
I have mained all of those guys at one point except for lucario.i'd say out of those 3 I play meta knight is my best and sonics my worst as he's kinda difficult to kill with.but my main is wolf and my back up mains are meta knight,falco,fox,Ike,and sometimes mario

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
whenever im fighting icies i feel like there is a mountain of poop about to evacuate my butt and as soon as i get grabbed well then i wont need to poop anymore

link2702

Smash Champion
thar be a reason dem eskimos aand dat bat are considered the two best characters in the game atm.

there is your answer right thar.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Definitely ICs and MK, everyone else has the ability to be countered easily.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I think that guy where one of his taunts is him taking out a sword from his butt is the most OP one.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
MK because he is insanely broken (Shuttle Loop is a absurd move)...
But I like MK. I even make him my secundary char and use him in every single counterpick option.Actually I really think that my game with him is better then my main, Pit.

But for me the most stupid is really IC. Because a profissional MK match still nice to see. Infinite chaingrab are just lame.
I know that isn't easy play with IC ... but I just hate.
No character, in no game , should have a ONE--hit kill move.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
hmmmmm the most overpowered character in the game. gee i wonder who it obviously is. *COUGH*metaknight*COUGH*

i also on agree on ice climbers being a bit overpowered as well.

Justyouraveragenoob

Smash Rookie
NNID
Notinteresting
3DS FC
0259-0470-1716
Most OP? I'd have to say Ice Climbers. Even with their shortcomings, one grab=stock is absolutely ridiculous. MK is the obvious and generic choice, but he does deserve a (dis)honorable mention.

Ksn245

Smash Cadet
MK is obviously. He has multiple jumps, has good speed and ridiculously fast moves. Not to mention he has the infinite cape glitch. (Although it is banned)

D

Deleted member

Any character with a stupid chain grab are the most annoying. That includes characters like Falco, King Dedede, and Ice Climbers…

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Press B to win yo.
At least Ice Climbers have to press more than that to do a chaingrab.

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
I don't think any character is annoying or over-powered. I think any character can be defeated with the right techniques and persistence.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don't think any character is annoying or over-powered. I think any character can be defeated with the right techniques and persistence.
^I like her, she's silly, she hasn't seen the game at higher levels yet.:happysheep:

Theoriginaltzw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aurious
3DS FC
3394-3662-6284
I really think it has to do with the player. Although MK and Ike are really OP to me. It's hard to tell if the character has skill playing SSB when you fight somebody using them.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Metaknight. I never want to watch another MK video again ever. Apex 2014 brawl stream was nothing but MK's hitting neutral B. It was so dumb.

link2702

Smash Champion
I'd say the OP list would be Ike obviously, sonic and yeah probably MK. Sure i'd take them on but I dislike sonic with a fiery passion
i really seriously hope you're joking/that is a troll post...

*sigh* after 6 years and there are still noob players who think ike is op'd...how is it people haven't figured out how slow his moves are by now....

Last edited:

shadowx82

Smash Rookie
i really seriously hope you're joking/that is a troll post...

*sigh* after 6 years and there are still noob players who think ike is op'd...how is it people haven't figured out how slow his moves are by now....
Think of it how you will. The OP wanted our opinions and that's what I did. Tossing the word "noob" isn't going to magically make me change my mind. After playing against a few ike players since the game came out once upon a time, I've drawn up that conclusion. I'm not trolling guy, and no one is looking for facts. :}

link2702

Smash Champion
It might not "magically" make you change your mind, but it still describes anyone perfectly who still thinks ike is op'd.

Sorry, but the majority of his moves are slow enough that no one should be getting hit by em unless the ike was just absolutely amazing at baiting/reading his opponents, rarely are any of them out there even remotely that good, san being like the only ike player i can think of that is.

shadowx82

Smash Rookie
It might not "magically" make you change your mind, but it still describes anyone perfectly who still thinks ike is op'd.

Sorry, but the majority of his moves are slow enough that no one should be getting hit by em unless the ike was just absolutely amazing at baiting/reading his opponents, rarely are any of them out there even remotely that good, san being like the only ike player i can think of that is.
That word isn't even used for rookies anymore, it's just an insult to use for people you want to be condescending toward. But back on topic, ike's moves are slow and there is no deputing that. Baiting and prediction aren't the only ways to catch someone off guard with him, plus I played against people who overcame that disadvantage pretty easily.
Prediction is a given when fighting anyway. His range coupled with that knock back and damage makes up for how slow they are, save for his air attacks which send you for a loop. If by OP you mean someone who can get kills without much thought or skill, Ike is your man. If you mean OP as in bannable, no way!
Those are my thoughts.

link2702

Smash Champion
That word isn't even used for rookies anymore, it's just an insult to use for people you want to be condescending toward. But back on topic, ike's moves are slow and there is no deputing that. Baiting and prediction aren't the only ways to catch someone off guard with him, plus I played against people who overcame that disadvantage pretty easily.
Prediction is a given when fighting anyway. His range coupled with that knock back and damage makes up for how slow they are, save for his air attacks which send you for a loop. If by OP you mean someone who can get kills without much thought or skill, Ike is your man. If you mean OP as in bannable, no way!
Those are my thoughts.
and this is completely and totally wrong. try and say something like that to every true ike player here, or even any decent players here in general, watch the kind of responses you'll get. If you honestly truly believe it takes no skill or thought to use ike and actually land a kill, then its quite clear you've both never faced anyone decent in your life, nor are you all that good yourself and walk into some very predictable things.

Last edited:

shadowx82

Smash Rookie
and this is completely and totally wrong. try and say something like that to every true ike player here, or even any decent players here in general, watch the kind of responses you'll get. If you honestly truly believe it takes no skill or thought to use ike and actually land a kill, then its quite clear you've both never faced anyone decent in your life, nor are you all that good yourself and walk into some very predictable things.
And now you're trying to escalate things. You're really going at length to make me the bad tiny newbie huh? It doesn't take much for anyone to pick up a controller, use ike and get kills. I did not say that people choose ike and therefore they have no skill. And you forget my earlier point. I've played against ike players dude and I respect them. You've turned (my opinion of) ike being cheap to I hate everyone who plays as ike. You're not exactly giving other pros and veterans a good name guy. I think ike is cheap and i'm leaving it at that. My apologies to the OP (original poster) for the issue.

link2702

Smash Champion
And now you're trying to escalate things. You're really going at length to make me the bad tiny newbie huh? It doesn't take much for anyone to pick up a controller, use ike and get kills.
again i'm going to stop you right there. you haven't faced anyone decent if you think this, pure and simple. It actually requires a lot of effort for an ike player to get kills against any decent player. He can't rely on much else other than just his jab, nair, fair, and grabs most of the time. Because he has to rely on them so much, they end up being extremely stale, and therefore aren't going to kill that well.

It does take a lot of effort to truly get kills as ike when the ike is actually facing someone decent, again, you've not faced anyone all that good if you truly still believe you can just pick up a controller and pwn with him. He actually requires a great deal of prediction and reading/baiting skills in order to land those strong killing moves on a decent player. The average player isn't that good at predicting and reading their opponents.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Ganondorf. He can kill easily, has a 23% damage move that autocancels and sets up for follow ups, and is absurdly heavy meaning he just doesn't die. Once he gets ahead, he can kill you in one hit with Ganoncide and hahahahahahaha I can't do this. But seriously, there's not much in this game more annoying than losing to a Ganon. No amount of johns can justify it. It's a bad feeling.

Jokes aside, I think most people would agree that MK is the most OP character (I think a few people would say Ice Climbers, but that's the clear minority) but ICs are the most annoying. Still, when I see ICs CGing MK, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Obviously Meta Knight, face it OP, it's not Ice Climbers who aren't even as OP as Pikachu in 64 or Fox/Falco in Melee.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to go with Yoshi or DK. They are so strong, anyone can just pick up a controller and mash buttons and maybe win Apex.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
There are a few characters that get on my nerves, but the 1 who does it the most is Marth (especially if my friend uses him, I almost always lose whenever he uses Marth, if I beat my friend who uses Marth it's because of dumb luck), however as a AI Marth's not that annoying.

Nicolas-1223

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicolas-1223
3DS FC
3308-5040-6654
While I never considered anyone in particular "OP", I have heard the most from friends that Meta Knight and Ice Climbers are OP. Meta Knight I can understand, because some of his sword moves are insane, not to mention an incredibly powerful B-up where you can just fly back on the stage. Ice Climbers I never really could understand aside from that chain grab, and I was never particularly good with them, either.

Top Bottom