• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most annoying/aggravating taunt?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't get the problem people have with Ike, actually. The reason he has Eruption is likely at least partially to do with Roy having Flare Blade, but it's not like they pulled it out of their arse - it's pretty clearly based off of his sword being enveloped in blue flame at the end of Radiant Dawn, which was already out when Brawl came out. Hero of the Radiant Flame, and all. The fact that the flames were red in Brawl was the real travesty.
*Puts on thick glasses* It's actually Hero of the Blue Flames.

At any rate, they distorted Ike's personality as well. "I fight for my friends" is not something Ike would say and whoever thought this line was good needs to be fired.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*Puts on thick glasses* It's actually Hero of the Blue Flames.

At any rate, they distorted Ike's personality as well. "I fight for my friends" is not something Ike would say and whoever thought this line was good needs to be fired.
I also wonder about the "no sympathy" quote. You would think that a hero would have a sense of honor while fighting.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Mario's taunt where he grows, then shrinks. Utterly infuriating because it enlarges the hitbox, but often I respawn too far away to murder him at that size.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I also wonder about the "no sympathy" quote. You would think that a hero would have a sense of honor while fighting.
That one I can excuse because it doesn't fall too out of line with Ike's personality. He's a pretty aloof individual, so I could see him saying something like that.
Mario's taunt where he grows, then shrinks. Utterly infuriating because it enlarges the hitbox, but often I respawn too far away to murder him at that size.
I remember I was fighting a Mario with Falco who spiked me and then used that taunt. I then proceeded to immediately kill him with a back air and return the favor. That taunt takes so long to finish that whoever uses it is kind of asking to get punished.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember I was fighting a Mario with Falco who spiked me and then used that taunt. I then proceeded to immediately kill him with a back air and return the favor. That taunt takes so long to finish that whoever uses it is kind of asking to get punished.
Yeah Mario's up taunt leaves him wide open for easy punishment, which is why you should only really use it if the opponent gets Star KO'd; by the time the opponent returns from getting Star KO'd, Mario's up taunt would be all done, depending on how early he uses it.

West End

Smash Cadet
Pikachu by far has the most insulting taunts. His Pika-Pika leaves me wanting to hang myself after acknowledging that My but has been wiped across Final destination by a 3 foot tiny electric mouse of all things.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I will say that DK's shrug and Wario's side taunt are some of the best for taunting the player directly. But really, any time someone taunts twice in a row seems to get me. One taunt, fine, annoying, but I'll just taunt you back. Two though, that just bugs me.

As for Lucina's side taunt, it may not be as out of character if you take it as she cannot afford to lose which is very much in character. Still not sure where those special victory quotes came from.

West End

Smash Cadet
I would definitely agree with Dk's Shrug. I think it is more spectacular of a taunt after he either zero to death wombo combos you or after an amazing play. Warios side taunt is, well, warios side taunt. I personally think that pikachu has the best all around taunts after bodying you, not playing even with you. Marhtcina has the most infuriating taunts after playing a close game rather than getting bodied.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, Sonic's did get nerfed. G&W can be annoying if they spam up and side I imagine.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
I ma have to go with the Okay taunt from the godly Ness. You can't even punish it because it only lasts a second. If you encounter a Ness main on For Glory, you can expect a few cheeky Okays

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
I forgot this, how about when G&w:4gaw: gets a nine kill and then does it again as a taunt and gets another nine.

Ikossb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ikoite
Not a actual taunt, but what :4bayonetta:'s do after taking off a stock. They tend to walk across the stage very slowly

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Show me your moves becomes really ironic when people use it in For Fun to initiate no fighting...I stay away from for fun ffa.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Honestly, every taunt annoys me unless it's in the beginning of the match. If I see someone taunt in the beginning of a match, I taunt back, as it's a friendly gesture. If my opponent does something really awesome and taunts, I taunt back, as if to say "Yo, that was awesome!" If I see someone taunt whenever they take a stock and if they play like a jerk, I get upset, as it shows that they're the FG stereotype. >_>

West End

Smash Cadet
I aolways just get a really a hard punish if they taunt at the start of a battle. I let 'em have it. I have no beef with someone taunting after the kill me in an awesome way, but I don't taunt back. My opinion of taunts if fairly low (No pun intended)

Arthur97

Smash Master
I tend to only punish a start of the match taunt if they were a jerk in the last match or by accident. I tend to try and limit for glory taunting to the beginning or if they start taunting.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Is it me, or do the non official taunts like spamming the crouch button and crawling seem like a more practical tactic to get in your opponent's head? I say that because usually those kinds of players that do the non official ones are better than the former.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
Is it me, or do the non official taunts like spamming the crouch button and crawling seem like a more practical tactic to get in your opponent's head? I say that because usually those kinds of players that do the non official ones are better than the former.
Definitely, but some crouches look like more of a fun thing than an annoying thing. Unless we have the same main...

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Pseudo-taunts generally come around because they're easy to do and quickly interruptible while still getting the "taunt" part out there. Generally speaking, if you're a better player, you're always thinking about being punished. Things like a held crouch and Kirby walk dance aren't exactly going to go punished, but some taunts take forever to finish.

Honestly, some pseudo-taunts don't bother me because I get the want to not be punished (Or in Kirby's case, remove a copy ability.), and some are actually quite stylish, too *cough* D3, Bayo, Zelda *cough* but if you're that much of a coward you don't even take the window for a real taunt at least now and then, then stop taunting altogether because it's obviously not that worth it to you.

Generally speaking though, I think spamming crouch is just stupid because it's so frankly unimaginative. There are some really cool crouch animations that can be used as pseudo-taunts and spamming them really doesn't do them justice. -and if your character doesn't have a cool crouch animation, then just stop anyway because spamming it doesn't make it any better. lol

Arthur97

Smash Master
Teabagging is probably the worst to me. That and the weird running back and forth really quickly.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Little Mac taunts are definitley the more frustrating for me, since they're usually from Mac players on FG that just do the dumbest ****. Actually, I'll just quote MarioMeteor MarioMeteor

Little Mac's taunts all tend to raise my blood pressure, because they're usually never deserved and are being delivered by mediocre For Glory Macs who have a combination of lag and godlike frame data on their side.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
The only taunt I could think of would be Little Mac's side-taunt, because it looks like it might as well be an idle animation, and to this day I haven't gotten used to that.

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
The only taunt I could think of would be Little Mac's side-taunt, because it looks like it might as well be an idle animation, and to this day I haven't gotten used to that.
I completely agree. Olimar's taunts also look like idle animations.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
I think it is Warios side taunt where he shakes his ass

Also Kirby's Hi

Last edited by a moderator:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
:4sonic:'s "Sonic Speed!"

:4shulk: where he's like: "Now it's Shulk time!"
I'll be like, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Shulk?"

:4duckhunt:'s side taunt takes the cake. I swear, Muttley and Precious Pupp ain't got nothin' on him.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Come on, the most infuriatig ones HAS to be Greninja's down taunt, the one with a hitbox that can sometimes block some attacks, nothing can be more salty than being stopped by a taunt; and let's not start about the homicidal feelings you will get if the opponent somehow manages to KO you with it directly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I take it that Peach is a disrespectful character when it comes to taunts.

I think any taunt used while I'm dizzy (especially if it's Marth or Lucina) really ticks me off, because it's like they're bragging about their cheap kill. (Although I do this all the time as DK, so...)

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I think any taunt used while I'm dizzy (especially if it's Marth or Lucina) really ticks me off, because it's like they're bragging about their cheap kill. (Although I do this all the time as DK, so...)
...Well a Shield Break is not really a cheap kill, innit. Don't use your shield irresponsibily and it won't get broken.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Shulk. Easy.

ANYTHING that Shulk says or does makes me want to grab him by the neck and make him eat his own teeth. It makes killing him with a Donkey Punch or Dedede's forward Smash that much more satisfying because I like to think they broke every bone in his body before sending him flying into a brick wall.

Little Mac's taunts all tend to raise my blood pressure, because they're usually never deserved and are being delivered by mediocre For Glory Macs who have a combination of lag and godlike frame data on their side.
Yeah, I hate FG Macs. This is why I make sure to kill them in the cheapest way possible, usually by back-throwing them off the stage and gimping their recovery with DK or Dedede's aerials. Just push them so far off the stage that there's no way they'll ever get back. It's cheap but essential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
:4cloud: "Hi I'm 8 years old and found out what the C-stick was for"

:4sonic: "HAHAH I TOTALLY BOPPED THIS GUY, WHAT A LOSER- LOL SONIC SPEED!!- GOTTA LEAVE BEFORE HE HAS A CHANCE TO WIN!"

:4bayonetta: "Tempting of throwing that controller? here let me help you do that"

:4shulk: "Aw man this fight reminds me of a meme"

:4duckhunt: "I dont care if I win or lose, its all about trying to piss you off"

:4link: "Hi I'm 9 years old and man the C-stick is really good"

:4lucario: "good thing the character plays for itself when I get beat up"

:4wario: "AYY LMAO NERD"

:4wiifit: "whew that was really fun"

Top Bottom