• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most annoying/aggravating taunt?

Mrcowman4

Smash Rookie
Which taunt angers you the most? (if any)

I find Peach's side taunt EXTREMELY infuriating. She dances around in such a taunting manner, aggravating and tormenting her opponent and it drives me crazy especially if she spams it. Even if you aren't looking at her while she does it, you can still hear the annoying little "La la la la laaa laaa" from her that is impossible to ignore. She can go on taunting her opponent with this until they lose their temper. She can easily get a mental advantage by infuriating her opponent to make him make a lot more mistakes because of how vexed she made them. It's one of the only taunts in the game that is actually a real taunt and my blood just starts boiling whenever it is used. It is extremely tormenting when I am taunted into approaching carelessly by this. Just gets me more mad. It fills me with impatience if she spams it during a star or screen KO. I've even thrown my controller once or twice out of frustration over being repeatedly taunted with this whenever I lose a stock or get hit. It makes me that mad. She really taunts and baits me with the way she dances and sings in such a taunting fashion holding her dress, being as agitating and exasperating as she possibly can to really work her opponent up, and she looks straight at her opponent while she does it, which infuriates them. The most annoying and irritating taunt in the game for me.

I also find her up and down taunts pretty annoying too. It just shows that she isn't taking anything seriously. I find the up taunt a bit more annoying, mainly because she's probably just took my stock and is just standing there with an umbrella over her head, staring at the camera, taunting her opponent with her smile.

But Peach's victory screen where she's like "Awwwww, did I wiiiiin?" is the thing that REALLY infuriates me, even more than side taunt. She really gets under my skin with this one. She says it not only in a condescending manner, but a taunting one too. It's like, you know she is trying to make your blood boil or raise your blood pressure over your loss. You know that she's trying to humiliate and infuriate you, taunting you over the fact that you lost to a weak princess with her condescending manner. But it just works every time and I can't help but get so pissed off by it. What makes it worse is that she is smiling and waving at you throughout the whole thing, taunting you. which torments me a lot. Peach really seems like she enjoys messing with and exasperating her opponents in this game, frustrating them every possible moment she can. Definitely thrown my controller over this one. Especially when it happens after a few side taunts. Very infuriating.

I also find Rosalina's side taunt pretty infuriating. The way she just goes "MmmHmm!" really provokes me. The animation is pretty annoying too with the way she waves her wand around and just has her other hand resting on her hip. The worst part about this taunt is that Rosalina is already an extremely frustrating character to fight. If she takes the first stock, and she taunts me with her "MmmHmm!" and it gets to me (Which it ALWAYS does) It's gonna make it worse. I feel so aggravated once I come back, so I start playing extremely aggressive, but Rosalina is such a hard wall to get around so she'll just keeps me out which makes it even MORE frustrating! It's like she uses it tactically by taunting her opponent to enrage and torment him while she gets under their skin, which makes him play in a hostile way that benefits her. The way she frustrates her opponents with her tormenting taunt and infuriating gameplay wins her more games than she should win. Extremely aggravating taunt she has.

Her up and down taunts are also pretty salt inducing. I'm really not sure why but it makes me mad.

Zss' "Is that all?" can really get on my nerves too. It's just the thing she says, not really the animation. It's another one of the taunts that actually feels like a taunt. If I'm losing and I hear a random "Is that all?" taunt, it will make me SUPER salty. I'm not only getting taunted by the player, but also the character.

Palutena's side and down taunt are also VERY infuriating. Side taunt is extremely annoying when spammed. She just laughs at you, provoking you while she dances on her pole annoyingly. If she's spamming her down throw forward air, it is extremely aggravating when she just does a side taunt after it. Down taunt is an aggravating taunt too. The way she says "Ready when you are" just gets me heated. It feels like an annoying bait or she's tempting her opponent in a taunting manner to really get them vexed so they approach her. It's like she has her own tactics to really infuriate her opponent, such as spamming Dthrow Fair, tormenting with side taunt, and using her down taunt to get under her opponents skin. that feels like she's actually saying something like "Come on, too scared?" to condescend her opponent and fluster them. She can boil my blood so much if she uses it that even if I know she's taunting me to approach with her tormenting tactics that really get her under my skin, I end up falling for it anyway. It's extremely frustrating when you cant even punish her for doing it because she is too far away. The animation makes it seem like she doesn't care at all about the battle, which only enrages me more.

Last edited:

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
i dont really have any that i hate, but there are some that i dont really like, such as luigi's banana pose, dr.mario's taunts where he just kinda pats himself, bowser's tripping taunt, and all of lucas's taunts (there are probably more if i think about it)

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Any taunt from Sonic, because he's most likely doing it after taking a stock while camping you out for hours.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The taunts themselves are just silly animations, the intent behind the taunt can annoy me but none of them annoy me just by what they are - but I do dislike how some of them are just... off. Why does Bowser act like he's about to fall over? Why has Luigi been planking all these years? Why doesn't male Robin say his catchphrase right? Even if Other M was pretty subpar, why doesn't Zamus have her thumbs down as a taunt?

WHAT IS SHULK FEELING?! WHAT IS "IT"? TELL US YOUR SECRETS, BRIT BOY!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Peach's side taunt is my most hated one in the whole game. No doubt about it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario's side taunt can be quite disturbing to look at. Shulk's side taunt can be quite annoying to hear as well.

Of course, what is probably the most disturbing taunt on my end is Palutena's side taunt; are you trying to attract naughty people with that stunt?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Lucina's "...Come at me." taunt can really get to some people, specially when you use it after taking a stock. It can kinda be seen as "Where is the challenge? Surely that's not the best you've got.", so I guess I understand the salt?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bayonetta's taunts. Not even counting her gameplay, I find Bayo to be an annoying character.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
The fact that no one has even mentioned "OKAY!" baffles me. This is so annoying because of how quick and spammable it is, where most other takes take somewhat long.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
Fox's down taunt... I hate playing against fox. I swear they are the ultimate showoffs. Every time you lose a stock they pivot around the map and end with "cmon" which makes me salty which makes me way to aggressive. So i lose every time and i often slap myself for losing to some try hard.

Tl;dr Foxes down taunt hurts me mentally and physically.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The fact that no one has even mentioned "OKAY!" baffles me. This is so annoying because of how quick and spammable it is, where most other takes take somewhat long.
For me the silly ones like "OKEY" just can't generate any salt. Even if the user is deliberately trying to be annoying, they're not going to accomplish that using one of the game's funniest taunts.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Bayonetta's taunts are annoying. Bayonetta is just annoying and I have some lovely choice words for her, which would likely get me infracted here on SWF. I do take great pleasure in using b-air on her and causing her to make that cry. :estatic:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Falcon's "show me your moves". Probably annoys me the most because it's everywhere on for glory.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
:4fox::4falcon::4pit::4sonic::4ryu: all have a taunt that say "Come on"

Anyway, all of :4drmario: taunts are pretty disrespectful. He basically just shrugs you off as a minor nuisance.
Also :4ganondorf: Side taunt, he's probably thinking "Should I? NAH."

Arrei

Smash Lord
Any taunt my opponent throws out AFTER I SD
What if they do it intending to say something non-antagonistic, like "What happened there?' or "That was funny"?

Like the sole reason I picked up DK was so I could use his down taunt for situations like that.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
:4corrinf:: "Your fate is clear."

When I use it: "That's my girl!"

When it gets used against me: "GIRL!!!"
Other than that, the ones that annoyed me at all were :4littlemac: (could tell a normal Little Mac and a arrogant Little Mac) and :4dedede: (most of the reason was because I could never kill this guy). I think I got over Little Mac's though, but until I find out how to defeat King Dedede, his taunts will haunt me for the rest of my life. O.o

Arrei

Smash Lord
Other than that, the ones that annoyed me at all were :4littlemac: (could tell a normal Little Mac and a arrogant Little Mac) and :4dedede: (most of the reason was because I could never kill this guy). I think I got over Little Mac's though, but until I find out how to defeat King Dedede, his taunts will haunt me for the rest of my life. O.o
His taunts? None of Dedede's taunts come close to the soul-crushing terror of his crouch. Even more when he actually manages to dodge an attack by ducking down his fat penguin behind.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Taunts feed me the energy I need to destroy my opponents. And then I taunt them back after I win. "OKAY!OKAY!OKAY!OKAY!OKAY!"

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The only ones that really annoy me are the overused ones or generally dull ones. Captain Falcon definitely springs to mind, but Ness' "Okay", DK's shrug and for some reason Mac's Down Taunt all just get old pretty quick.

Shout-outs to Zelda's wave for basically being the only annoying taunt I personally love though. lol Not for "disrespect value" or anything, but I've run into a few people who use it surprisingly creatively to wave before matches or when they have to go. It's still Zelda's worst taunt IMO, but it's super unique in that sense IMO. (That, and it's a horrendously ****** taunt if you use it after a KO and I love it but don't tell anyone that I love it because it's obnoxious as all hell shhhhhh...)

Lucina's "...Come at me." taunt can really get to some people, specially when you use it after taking a stock. It can kinda be seen as "Where is the challenge? Surely that's not the best you've got.", so I guess I understand the salt?
As someone who started to play Lucina recently, I agree that people really hate Lucina's taunts.

Her side-taunt ("I cannot lose.") is generally the one that irritates people the most IMO 'cause most people take it literally and just get visibly worked up over it. The only non-salt inducing taunt she has is her Down Taunt, and even then, it induces salt in me because my obsession with keeping the costume the same colour as the mask is the only reason I use default. lol

That being said, I don't think Lucina is meant to seem so cocky, so I personally don't mind them.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
That being said, I don't think Lucina is meant to seem so cocky, so I personally don't mind them.
Smash Lucina is crazy out of character, so please don't mind her. Do you really think anyone that respects Marth as much as she does would go "This is the hero king?..." if they beat him?
Not even sure why they basically made Lucina as disrespectful as they could even though she is quite an honourable person in Awakening... that and her moveset only makes me think they wanted to make her as distant from the real Lucina as possible.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Any taunt my opponent throws out AFTER I SD
Pretty much the same for me too, but with the addition of being taunted after I lose a stock. You know how some For Glorians would taunt after they relentlessly hunt you down and spam Smash Attacks in hopes of killing you? Yeah, that's what gets to me. It always feels like they think they did something amazing, when in reality, it's nothing special. I'm fine with taunts that are meant to be friendly, like when everybody dies because of the offstage shenanigans, or at the start of the match. I don't know what to feel about the end of it though; it could be a taunt saying "Ha! I ran from you, so you couldn't kill me in time! That means I win!", but it could also be a taunt saying "That was a good match!"

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Smash Lucina is crazy out of character, so please don't mind her. Do you really think anyone that respects Marth as much as she does would go "This is the hero king?..." if they beat him?
Not even sure why they basically made Lucina as disrespectful as they could even though she is quite an honourable person in Awakening... that and her moveset only makes me think they wanted to make her as distant from the real Lucina as possible.
I haven't played the games, but I always assumed Lucina to be a little abrasive at worst, especially in her "hero king" persona. But feel free to tell me I'm wrong. lol Still, the fact that's the side of her they carried over still doesn't really make much sense. I hear the same kinda thing about all the FE characters, to be fair. Roy being the notable example.

That being said, I don't know how her attitude and voice stack up in the Japanese version, so it could be better...

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I haven't played the games, but I always assumed Lucina to be a little abrasive at worst, especially in her "hero king" persona. But feel free to tell me I'm wrong. lol Still, the fact that's the side of her they carried over still doesn't really make much sense. I hear the same kinda thing about all the FE characters, to be fair. Roy being the notable example.

That being said, I don't know how her attitude and voice stack up in the Japanese version, so it could be better...
It's actually a bit amazing how they managed to botch basically every single FE character.
  • Marth and Ike are alright (except the fact Ike somehow produces fire with a sword that has nothing to do with fire but that's probably some leftover from Roy);
  • Corrin is... "Good", "I win". Well I'd much rather have them with no personality than have them barely represent who they are...;
  • Roy isn't some screaming permanently angry pyromaniac, from what I've seen in Binding Blade, he is a mostly chill daddy's boy;
  • Robin would be alright if it weren't for the fact that he has the has the force... don't really remember him doing anything like that in the 60-something hours I played Awakening;
  • And yeah, Lucina. I can assure you that she isn't, for lack of betters words, a *****. While disguised as Marth, she is an extremely cold, enigmatic person that shows no emotion towards anything. As herself, she is a determined, serious, battle-hardened, imposing woman that's reluctant to fight without necessity and is completely oblivious to jokes. She's as delicate as an angry bear and as soft as a badly paved road, but she still cares about absolutely everyone and never disrespectful towards anyone... though she can get angry at people and she's a monster when angered. Also, yes, she does hold Marth and Chrom in very high regard.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I find Peach's side taunt EXTREMELY infuriating.
:4peach: normally isn't smug like she is in Smash, so her taunts really allow for maximum impact when you find yourself on the receiving end of all those hearts, rainbows and frying pans. Yep, her side taunt is definitely the most annoying one in Smash. I didn't get that impression from her back in SSBM where, from her perspective, it was a pleasant thing for her to win. But from SSBB onward she's like: "Yeah, I wrecked you, now I'm gonna sing and dance. What are you gonna do about it?".

Any taunt from Sonic, because he's most likely doing it after taking a stock while camping you out for hours.
Quite frankly, :4sonic:'s taunts pale in comparison to :sonic:'s taunts. :4sonic: just doesn't have that annoying voice which syncs up well with his taunts.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
:4falcon:'s taunts irritate me to a certain degree because they usually occur after I mess up a recovery.
:4wiifit: can use crawl and the player can tap towards the edge to make her start convulsing.
Most dash dances are annoying and :4duckhunt:'s look like the dog is chasing its on tail.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Little Mac's taunts all tend to raise my blood pressure, because they're usually never deserved and are being delivered by mediocre For Glory Macs who have a combination of lag and godlike frame data on their side.

Roy's personality is actually the one they messed up the least. Most of his quotes are "honor" or "friends" with the occasional "TORYAAA!" thrown in there.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Roy's personality is actually the one they messed up the least. Most of his quotes are "honor" or "friends" with the occasional "TORYAAA!" thrown in there.
I think it's a tie between Roy and Robin then. Whenever Robin spars, he tends to give fighting advice if possible, shown in his supports with Kjelle. So his "Prepare yourself" and "You're not ready" taunts aren't completely out of character, but the levitation definitely is. The "Let's tip the scales" taunt is just there for people who like his "Time to tip the scales" critical hit quote. Also, from what I've heard, "Torya" is a Japanese battle cry, or something like that.

Arrei

Smash Lord
It's actually a bit amazing how they managed to botch basically every single FE character.
  • Marth and Ike are alright (except the fact Ike somehow produces fire with a sword that has nothing to do with fire but that's probably some leftover from Roy);
I don't get the problem people have with Ike, actually. The reason he has Eruption is likely at least partially to do with Roy having Flare Blade, but it's not like they pulled it out of their arse - it's pretty clearly based off of his sword being enveloped in blue flame at the end of Radiant Dawn, which was already out when Brawl came out. Hero of the Radiant Flame, and all. The fact that the flames were red in Brawl was the real travesty.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I don't get the problem people have with Ike, actually. The reason he has Eruption is likely at least partially to do with Roy having Flare Blade, but it's not like they pulled it out of their arse - it's pretty clearly based off of his sword being enveloped in blue flame at the end of Radiant Dawn, which was already out when Brawl came out. Hero of the Radiant Flame, and all. The fact that the flames were red in Brawl was the real travesty.
I actually heard Brawl Ike was based mostly off of PoR rather than RD. Dunno if that plays a factor.

Arrei

Smash Lord
He was, appearance-wise, but that doesn't mean they couldn't take inspiration from both of his games. Ike isn't supposed to have Ragnell at all in his Ranger class in Brawl, seeing as he doesn't wield that until well after his promotion to Lord, and he can't use Aether until learning his Lord class skill, but there they are as his iconic weapon and technique from both games. Similarly, he's more connected to flames than first appearances would suggest, and although he doesn't use it like he does in Smash, his final strike in RD causes quite the large plume of blue flame, so there's his fire special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom