• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most and Least Favorite Past Stages and Why?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
They don't have to be or absolute most loved and hated stages. And feel free to post more than 2. I'm just a bit curious as to how people feel about the stages we've been given up to his point, and I'd like to know the criteria by which people judge a stage. Competitive, casual, and aesthetic reasoning are all valuable.

Remember: these are opinions, not arguments. Get a grip, people.

For starters, here are mine:

Didn't like: Castle Seige from Brawl

From an aesthetic standpoint, it just felt really contrived to just suddenly whoosh to another part of the environment while standing on an invisible line. Could've been more interesting.

Loved: Congo Jungle from 64

I loved those two platforms in the center that just scrolled along in an endless loop. It provided a lot of interesting strategies. I thought it was nice because it was simple, but still provided a feeling of disorder without feeling entirely random. Plus... The barrel.

Now its your turn.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My favorite: Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Mostly because of Super Mario Sunshine memories, but it's also a fun stage travelling across the area. Music selection isn't bad either.
Honorable mentions: Halberd (Brawl), Fountain of Dreams (Melee), Port Town Aero Dive (Brawl), Pirate Ship (Brawl)

Least favorite: Icicle Mountain (Melee)
Horrible, horrible stage. So unpredictable and nearly unplayable. The only Smash stage I don't like.
Rumble Falls at least had warnings when it was about to speed up.
The music was good and glad it returned in Brawl for the Summit stage.

In a similar topic, my favorite stage in SSB4 so far is the Wii U version of Battlefield.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Best:Castle Siege/Halberd/Delfino Plaza

Why: I loved the changing environments and even if you knew what changes were going to come, it still made things unpredictable because of what positions players would be in before the stage changed and how they'd try to use that to their advantage.

Worst: Brinstar Depths/Fourside/Peach's Castle

Why: All three were poorly designed to the point where it seems like the stages themselves are obstacles. Barely tolerable in 1 on 1 matches, their layouts made 4 player matches an absolute mess where accidentally dying was the norm and running away and going to hard to reach places was a common strategy.

Morbi

Scavenger
My favorite is Corneria from Melee. It was considered my home. It is not only my most played stage, but it is also the most visually appealing. It does Coneria justice, the stage reminds me of Starfox 64. Not a lot of stages actually remind me of the game. I mean I can see the inspiration, but they never actually felt like they were torn from the game. The soundtrack is also great. The support from Arwings makes the stage fun.

My second favorite is Great Bay from Melee. It didn't feel like it was torn from Majora's mask. However, it did feel like the bay. The soundtrack was great. This is most likely because I am a huge Zelda fan. The stage also had that glitchy spot for easy KO's. The turtle was a nice interaction as well. The moon in the background with the sages catching the moon was a great distraction. Not to mention Tingle. The stage was full of fan-service.

Honorable mentions?
Hyrule Castle (64)
Sector Z (64)
Saffron City (64)
Mute City (Melee)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

My least favorite stage is a toss up between Mario Bros. and 75m from Brawl. They are both horrible stages. I will pick Mario Bros. because it changes the meta game. It becomes less fighting and more turtle shell throwing. The whole goal is different. Both stages are plagued by heavy black backdrops. They are ugly. I like retro as much as the next guy... but those stages are irritable. 75m is a jump fest. Everyone migrates to the top left which is a death trap. So I don't like those.

Honorable mentions?
Hanenbow (Brawl)
Flatzone 2 (Brawl)
Mushroomy Kingdom (Brawl)
Rumble Falls (Brawl)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
My favorite is Corneria from Melee. It was considered my home. It is not only my most played stage, but it is also the most visually appealing. It does Coneria justice, the stage reminds me of Starfox 64. Not a lot of stages actually remind me of the game. I mean I can see the inspiration, but they never actually felt like they were torn from the game. The soundtrack is also great. The support from Arwings makes the stage fun.
I'm really feelin' this. I loved Corneria. It's one of the reasons that I hope they take old stages and give them a visual revamp. Just imagine what it would look like. o_o

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Favorite: Poke Floats, Big Blue, Pirate Ship
These stages are interesting. Sure it was easy to die on them but that was part of their charm.

Least Favorites: Hyrule Castle (Too big. Used to love it, grew old fast), 64m (Something like that... the one with the old school dk... It just felt unoriginal using a copy of an nes level and saying fight here... also it was interesting to the point of being annoying.), And the really old school mario stage that had the four pipes on it because it had too many ceilings and the enemies could be used as ridiculously powerful projectiles.

DigitalDragon

Smash Rookie
My favorite stage will always be Pokemon Stadium from Melee. I love the music and how the stage has multiple transformations. I also remember being blown away by the screen in the background and how it alternate between showing the match itself and the scoreboard (much like a real stadium). Whenever I played with my friends, that's the stage I would pick 90% of the time.

My least favorite stages were the ones that scrolled up and down (Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls). I was never a fan of these stages because when it was moving, it felt as if you had to fight the level more than each other. They remind me of a Mario Party mini-game instead of a smash match, which totally killed the enjoyment for me.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Didn't like:
Mario Bros.
95% of your deaths will come from hazards that had wayyy too much knockback at that.

Skyworld
Destructible platforms are terrible, especially for projectiles and down smashes.

Icicle Mountain
Pikachu mains beware... but seriously, there was more jumping than fighting going on here.

Flat Zone & Flat Zone 2
Flat zone 1 was too small and full of hazards while flat zone 2 was bigger with even more dangerous hazards.

Yoshi's Island
I would like this stage if it wasn't for the middle portion being an absolute *****. If you fall in, better hope you're not Ness or Lucas. Also ticked me off when pokeballs would fall through that section.

Green hill Zone
Really, you can't even Spin dash on this stage without breaking it.

New Pork City
Tried too hard to be temple and was disappointing to know you weren't actually playing in the city.

Rumble Falls
It's like Icicle Mountain but with more hazards! Yay...

75m
Uhh! So many things wrong with this stage. By far the worst stage Imo.

Loved:
Fourside
The entire environment felt awesome as well as the music and the UFO provided plenty of fun times.

Temple
Who doesn't love temple? Just a fun 4-player stage. so many matches played with friends here that i can't even count them.

Congo 64
Nice scenery and just a fun stage to play on

Shadow Moses island
Awesome background, awesome music, destructible environment that didn't make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Smashville
A simple stage with a simple design with a nice background surrounded by all the crazy brawl stages. it was a nice break from the generic final destination and battlefield while still keeping the simplicity.

Jungle Japes(brawl)
A great stage with awesome atmosphere made even better by brawls water mechanics.

Pirate Ship
Beautiful cinematic stage with non-generic platforms. Not to mention the amazing music! Some people dislike this stage because of the hazards but I felt that they weren't too hard to avoid tbh.

There are others but these are my my most notable favorites.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Good
Pokemon Stadium (Melee) - I liked the alternate changes that happened on this stage. It made you think of how you could take advantage of the many changes, as it wasn't just one flat level with two platforms, and I liked that.

Bad
New Pork City - While the look of it is cool, I don't know why this place of all stages came about. It was very very spacious to the point I had lost track of where I was while in a fight. I don't necessarily mind big stages when it comes to goofing around, but this stage was way too large and could have been replaced with something better.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Favorites:
Fountain Of Dreams. The Music was entirely too epic and the stage itself was simple yet beautiful

Dream Land (64) Simple design, upbeat music, Kirby. all pluses for me.

Poke Floats: This stage is just awesome in general
Least Favorites:

Onett: I don't like any stage where you can't fall to your death
Icicle Mountain/Rumble Falls I feel as though i don't need to explain why
Castle Siege: The transfer to different levels just wasn't authentic enough for me.

Oric Windstar

Smash Rookie
Smash 64
Best: Dreamland - This one seemed to be the most balanced in terms layout and there wasn't much in the way of stage hazards. It was the Final Destination before Final Destination.
Worst: Yoshi's Island - I just can't stand it, not sure why. Was really surprised it was brought back for Melee.

Melee
Best: Fountain of Dreams - I guess I have a thing for Kirby stages! In a addition to the simple layout of the platforms, I really like the look of the stage. And the music is amazing.
Worst: Icicle Mountain - Not a fan of scrolling stages. I also felt like there wasn't much personality with this stage.

Brawl
Best: Yoshi's Island - Again, a nice simple layout. And the art direction on this stage is beautiful. Really hope this one is brought back for SSBU.
Worst: Rumble Falls - In addition to not liking scrolling stages, it really bothered me that the only stage that had Stickerbush Symphony as a song choice was so bad. It also didn't really feel like a Donkey Kong level, just seemed generic.

So, yeah, I tend to like stages with a strong art direction and without too much going on. Just a few platforms over a flat surface work for me.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Favourites: Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Hyrule Temple, Hyrule Castle, and Final Destination.

Disliked: spear pillar, and I wasn't a fan of the Pikmin stage.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
FAVORITES
64 - Hyrule Castle, Dream Land
(simple stages, just the right sizes and nothing too crazy about them.)

Melee - Corneria, Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams
(Corneria is just the most perfect stage ever, and Great Bay may be too oddly shaped and small for some people but I love it. Always forces you to be on your toes when your not on the main big platform. Also Majora's Mask is awesome. Fountain of Dreams is pretty much Battlefield but 10X better. The shifting platforms add some variety. Also them music is great)

Brawl - Castle Siege, Port Town
(lots of variety with Castle Siege and I love the dark medieval vibe it has, Port Town has variety too and I love how intense it is when the machines are about to show up. Also Fzero gx is one of my all time favorite games)

LEAST FAVORITES
64 - Jungle Japes
(ugly lighting, and don't like the huge dent in the stage)

Melee - Icicle Mountain
(pretty much nothing else needs to be said about this travesty of a stage)

Brawl - 75m, Rumble Falls, Mario Bros, Henenbow, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Green Hill Zone, Frigate Orpheon

(yeah, not really a fan of Brawl's stages. Way too many gimmicky and annoying ones, And Frigate Orpheon pisses me off cause theres so many better and iconic places in Metroid Prime they could have done. Its as if they just looked Metroid Prime up on youtube for about 10 minutes and just made a stage out of the little footage they saw. Don't think they are big Metroid prime fans.)

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Most favorites:
Distant Planet
Delfino Plaza
The Pirate Ship
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom II

Least favorites:
Temple (I really, REALLY, hate this level. It's way too big and I don't like its music.
Pokémon Stadium 2 (Isn't as great as Melee's stadium, poor music choices)
WarioWare (too gimmicky)
75m (do I need to explain this?)
Sector Z (It wasn't as bad as the other 4, but I never really liked it)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Favorite (non competitive stage): Pirate Ship
I love it when the platforms you fight on are part of what's in the background, like in every melee and smash 64 stage. I felt that Brawl had alot of stages that were just floating platforms with cinematics playing in the background, but it had a few awesome stages like Summit and Distant Planet that really made you feel part of the action. The music on this stage is the catchy wind waker soundtrack. Best stage music has to go to Dreamland in Smash 64 though.

Least Favorite: New Pork City
The mother series has one of the coolest art styles in videogame history and all the stages in smash up until this one let you fight on the cool locales. You'd think that in New Pork City you'd get to fight in the city, leaping from building to building perhaps? No, you get to view the magnificent city in the background, far away from the battling, as you are restricted to a series of floating platforms. This is the biggest stage in Smash Bros History, and the hovering limosine is cool, but trying to fight on it is a big game of chase, jumping from platform to platform wishing you could interact with the beautiful city in the distance.

Luigi player

Smash Master
64:
- Dreamworld
It is my favorite stage of the game, and for good reasons!
It's not too small, the layout is perfect, and yeah... it looks good and has nice music too.

- Kongo Jungle
Jungle stage with a nice atmosphere and a good enough layout (the barrel and being able to go through the stage were a little annoying though...).

- Mario Stage
It has the Mario 64 startpoint in the background! Instant win. It was also a pretty fun stage to play on with more layers.

Melee:
- Dreamworld
Obviously. It is still one my favorite stages in this game. The blastzone is so far away so you can live really long on it and it has the usual great layout.

- Final Destination
Great stage and fun to play on, although it can be annoying, because of chaingrabs...

- Jungle Japes
Awesome music and atmosphere!

Brawl:
- Smashville
Most balanced and best stage in the game. Even better than Dreamworld. The one platform makes it so you can be in the air a lot without being stopped by platforms and the one platform moves to make it able to stop infinites and just gives it more depth.

- Jungle Japes
Now this stage got even better. You don't just die if you get in the water.

- Battlefield
Finally Battlefield got much better without the stupid edges from Melee, and it has a much better atmosphere too. You feel free on it and it looks beautiful.
The platforms can be annoying though, because they're not as far apart as on Dreamworld, but it's still a great stage.

I don't really dislike stages too much. And it changes depending on the viewpoint. Do I look from a competitive standpoint? If not most stages are fun so I can't say I dislike them. From a competitive viewpoint obviously some stages that are banned.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Delfino Plaza is probably my all-time favorite Smash stage. Lots of variety and movement that keeps you on your toes without punishing players with hazards. It's a real treat visually as well. Definitely my number one pick for returning Brawl stages. Other favorites are Smashville for a nice "neutral" stage that's more interesting than FD and Pokemon Stadium.

Least favorite stage is tougher, but Rumble Falls takes the cake. Having to jump so fast that you can't even fight on a stage littered with 1HKO hazards? Sounds great! 75m and Mario Bros. take honorable mention for having horrifically implemented hazards, while Skyworld does as well for its unbearable platform layout that renders tether characters completely unable to recover.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
Since I only really played melee alot, most of my choices will be about melee stages.

Disliked:
Icicle mountain.
Well, yeah. It just isn't very fun to jump all the time. It also didn't help that the platforms were layed out in such a way that you would bump your head constantly. It doesn't even look like a mountain, I mean... come on.

Mushroom kingdom.
Way too low ceilings, pits, and walkoff edges. It was awkward at best, and a downright death trap at worst.

Flatzone.
Again, too small, with the borders, a walkoff, and random hazards making this stage a death trap that is hardly playable.

Loved:
Hyrule temple.
I think 50% of my matches are on this stage. There is just so much you can do on this stage. People say it's great for 4 players, but I think it's a great 2 player map aswell, where you can really take advantage of your surroundings, and have great intense matches.

Fountain of dreams.
Great music, and a very fun stage to play on. Solid all round.

Pirate ship.
Simple, pure windwaker nostalgia.

Overall, art style, music and lay-out are all roughly of equal importance to me. But I do really love a stage where there a lots of options for a player at any one time. (Like on temple, climb on the ledge? or drop down to the lower ledge?, or even fake a drop etc..) So, lay-out is what makes it a truly great stage in my opinion.

And those bad stages,... O, well. I guess they serve a purpose too, for young players, or players who want to mix things up a bit. Just keep them to a minimum.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Favorites
Delfino Plaza - Like TheTuninator said, it's great at keeping things fresh and changing things up while retaining a competitive atmosphere the entire time. There's tons of map variety, which keeps the battle exciting throughout. It's also visually appealing, has great music, and comes from a fantastic game. I was seriously boggled at how accurate it was to the original location from Mario Sunshine. Definitely a top tier stage.

Fountain of Dreams - I'd say this is probably my favorite stage ever. The visuals are fantastic, the music is booming and outstanding, and the size is just perfect. I understand why some Melee players dislike this stage, but I actually like the moving platforms. They create some interesting positioning scenarios. On top of all of that, it does well to represent an iconic location from the Kirby series. I really want to see this stage return.

Mushroom Kingdom (64) - I love this stage. Very fun for FFAs and teams. The warp pipes are cool, and I like how KOs off the bottom, top, and sides are all viable kill methods.

Peach's Castle (64) - There's something about those 64 Mario stages. I don't really know why I like this one. Maybe it's the large screen size but small stage size. It feels compact enough so that the fighting is centralized and doesn't get broken up, but open enough for there to be breathing room. The sliding platform at the bottom provides for some hilarious shenanigans.

Smashville - It's basically Final Destination with a more appealing aesthetic and a platform. What's not to love? Plus, it's Animal Crossing. I love Animal Crossing.

Least Favorites
75m - I thought this was a great idea for a stage even before it was revealed, but its execution was absolutely terrible. They should've just created an original layout based on Donkey Kong's construction site. What we got instead was a lazy recreation of a map that is counter-intuitive to Smash's gameplay. I'd like to see the Smash team retry this one, but design their own layout instead. It could become something great.

Mario Bros. - Another great idea, but in this case I don't think it could have been saved. Its layout just lends itself too much to an enclosed environment with no way to kill off the top. Altering the inordinate strength of the enemies or removing them entirely could have alleviated the frustration somewhat, but it still wouldn't be a very fun stage to play on.

New Pork City - No, just no. A great idea for a location to base a stage off of, but a terrible stage to fight on in execution. Nobody ever dies here. With how defensive Brawl is, stocks go on forever on this stage. Even hits that would guarantee kills on other stages can fail to KO here. The stage is just too dang big. Even with four players, it feels empty.

Temple - See NPC. To be fair, I don't think its design or even size is nearly as awful, but it's much less fun in Brawl (again, it takes too long to kill), and I think I'm just sick of it after all these years.

Sky World - Don't like the under-stage play, don't like the breakable flooring, don't like the game it comes from.

Spear Pillar (with Palkia or Cresselia) - Palkia's camera flips ruin the pace of the match, and Cresselia never shuts up or stops attacking. I don't like the layout much either, even though I like the idea of the stage. For that reason, I'm not too fond of the Dialga version either, but it's not bad or anything. I just don't care for it one way or the other.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Loved:

Delfino Plaza - Really unique idea for a stage, and it just works so well. It was a really neat idea to move to different environments, and it's not a broken stage either.
Fountain of Dreams - My favorite Melee stage <3. Differentiates itself from Battlefield with the moving platforms.
Smashville - The better Final Destination :p. It's interesting how a single platform can change how people play. also BALLOONS.
PokeFloats - Really nice idea but horrible in practice haha. Still a really cool idea.
Dreamland 64 - I think most people like this stage. It's like Battlefield with personality.
Hanenbow - Would be a really awesome stage if it was smaller.

Dis-loved:

Temple - SOOO BIG
New Pork City - SOOO BIG
75m - SOOO BIG
Mario Bros. - SO AWKWARD
Rumble Falls - Icicle Mountain was already pretty lame, but taking it and adding insta-death spikes is not good.
Hyrule Castle - Too awkward of a layout for my tastes

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Loved

Smashville - I love going here, and hit the balloons.
Skyworld - Underestimated, though not good for D-smashes. I love that background though
Delfino - A relaxing place to me
Princes Peach's Castle (melee) - I actually liked the Banzai Bills here.
Battlefield (melee and brawl) - Melee's had a space theme, and Brawl's had that change from day to night, both beautiful backgrounds.

Disloved

Final Destination - Too common in basic brawls, and it helps 3 top tiers and some other characters that I despise so much (mostly notable, Diddy, Falco, and ICs)
Temple - Generic stage for cowards and ultra lame in Sudden Death (basic brawl memories)
75m - Too big, and another place for cowards, just not used as much
New Pork City - same as the 2 above.
Rumble Falls - I already hate Icicle Mountain, and now that got them deadly spikes there too?
Bridge of Eldin - D3's CGing paradise
Rainbow Cruise - MK lives here if not Brinstar back then when it was legal

Well that's mine *shiver*

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Most favorite
  • Warioware - Gotta love the stage's charm
  • Port Town Areo Dive - I really enjoyed this stage. it built of Mute City so well and it had some interesting terrain.
  • Pictochat - A favorite among my friends
  • Smashville - FD with more personality.
Least
  • Shadow Moses - Nice idea, but it's not built well for Smash. Suck if your character isn't good at knocking people up
  • Mario Bros - I want to love it, but the computers cheat so bad on this map
  • Temple - Too big for my taste. I personally like small stages

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Most favorite
  • Warioware - Gotta love the stage's charm
  • Port Town Areo Dive - I really enjoyed this stage. it built of Mute City so well and it had some interesting terrain.
  • Pictochat - A favorite among my friends
  • Smashville - FD with more personality.
Least
  • Shadow Moses - Nice idea, but it's not built well for Smash. Suck if your character isn't good at knocking people up
  • Mario Bros - I want to love it, but the computers cheat so bad on this map
  • Temple - Too big for my taste. I personally like small stages

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Favorite: Ones in which the stage cannot be destroyed, scrolled continuously without any stationary things, or hurt you in any way.

Least Favorite: Stages that could hurt you, had sections that were destroy able impacting game play, and had the entire screen scrolling.

Thats the formula.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Spear Pillar would be one of my favorite stages if you could turn off Palkia and Cressalia. The atmosphere is great, the music is fantastic, and even the hazards are very funny- as long as Dialga is there. The other two ruin it by rendering you unable to play the game and killing you more than your opponents do, respectively.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
Best: Temple
My sibs and I would ban the top half of the map and duke it out in the bottom half. Many fun 10 stock games with the possibility of surviving with over 300%.

Worst: Brinstar
Weird slopes and the green lava/acid made it near unplayable.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Hyrule Temple is amazing! It's so chaotic and roomy. I also love Dream land from Smash64 and Melee. Fountain of Dreams and Rainbow Cruise are beautiful stages as well.

♥New Pork City and Port Town Aero Drive are definitely not on my favorite stages list. Hanenbow is also quite...not so thrilling. Flat Zone 2 is a no-no for me as well. 75m isn't fun either...

Pwns Froggles

Smash Rookie
Favorites:

Spear pillar, pirate ship, smashville, temple, pokemon stadium 1, fourside (the music was also great)

Worst: ice mountain, rumble falls, 75m, New pork city

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
Very good:
I like Norfair. It is very boring when the stage is being boring when compared to what is happening in the rest of the match. I hope for more lava to spew out at every corners as possible to make it very fun because you avoid many things at once, one being the opponents and the other, the strategic ping pong like game that is usually executed all throughout :) The atmosphere is very nice!
I like Brinstar. It is a very nice and soothing stage to play in with no offensive lighting, it is very good for peaceful rest and relaxation. The main music is very nice too!
In Melee: I like Brinstar Depths. It is for the same reasons as the Brinstar stage, but with a cute creature in the back and the cute heart in the center of the stage. My mother thought the heart was cute too (I think).:)
A mentionable stage is the underground of Mushroomy Kingdom. I like it because of its snazzy/funky underground music and there is nothing too offensive color-wise. :) I also like Frigate Orpheon and Shadow Moses.

Irrating:
Yoshi's Island: Annoying irritating music that I do not care for, and stupid annoying platform that entail nothing. Bright stage keeps your oculars suffering and confuses your mind and makes you think you are with the 1950's housing eras.
75 whatever: It is very far in oblivion that even I do not remember the name of the stage. Useless and pointless stage, hideous design all throughout. Hideous purses, shoes, and accessories, and hideous barrels.
New Pork City: You need a magnifying glass to see what is happening. Very bad for oculars, must avoid.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Favorites:

Delfino Plaza- I just like the entire layout of the level, so accurate. It's like the level is taking you on a tour.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)- Very comfortable battlefield, plus its eye-candy visuals attract me.
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)- I love the brick blocks, especially when it does the jackpot thing.
Sector Z- Nice and wide battlefield. Perfect for lengthy matches.
Saffron City- It wasn't a stadium. The Pokemon that came out of the building was hilarious to me.

Dislikes:

Spear Pillar- Far too gimmicky, especially when Crescelia, (sp?) and Palkia shows up.
Summit- It just doesn't feel like a comfortable place to battle to me. Could be the things that happen to the mountain you're on.
Big Blue- Same as Summit. Slipping through the cars can really throw someone off.
Jungle Japes- We were enemies since the beginning. The water knocks my recovery skills out of wack.

I think that's all for me. :D

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Favorites:

Delfino Plaza- I just like the entire layout of the level, so accurate. It's like the level is taking you on a tour.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)- Very comfortable battlefield, plus its eye-candy visuals attract me.
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)- I love the brick blocks, especially when it does the jackpot thing.
Sector Z- Nice and wide battlefield. Perfect for lengthy matches.
Saffron City- It wasn't a stadium. The Pokemon that came out of the building was hilarious to me.

Dislikes:

New Pork City- Wayyyy too big.
Spear Pillar- Far too gimmicky, especially when Crescelia, (sp?) and Palkia shows up.
Summit- It just doesn't feel like a comfortable place to battle to me. Could be the things that happen to the mountain you're on.
Big Blue- Same as Summit. Slipping through the cars can really throw someone off.
Jungle Japes- We were enemies since the beginning. The water knocks my recovery skills out of wack.

I think that's all for me. :D

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Ugh... Sorry for the double reply... The "delete post" button is not in plain sight, I can't find it...

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I just love Fountain of Dreams. The design, the graphics, the music. So beautiful.

And New Pork City is just awful. Except for the music ofc.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
dislike
Mushroomy Kingdom: constantly moving and in the land stage it was mostly about luck and pitfalls were almost an OHKO and the underground part all you had to do is get on the upper blocks and up throw anyone that comes near
Rumble Falls: always moving so very luck based and the spike... OMG THE FRIGGING SPIKE it is like an OHKO on light characters from a single small spike... not fair

Picto Chat: soo fun using different strategies for different random things that are drawn
Wario Ware: the mini-games yes they are epic dude
Pokemon Stadium: another scenery change that can help different characters in the blink of an eye and change the coarse of battle

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Favorites:
Castle Siege, Pictochat, Delfino Plaza, and Onett.

These stages all had great themes going for them and the positioning of platforms didn't feel random/ had reason. For example, Onett had a very urban theme with houses, shops, wires, etc. All of these were utilized with some degree of platforming coupled with a theme. Pictochat had few color schemes while Delfino Plaza was a recreation of traversable areas in Mario Sunshine, both these stages remained faithful to a particular theme.

Least favorite:
New Pork City

This stage, while it had a good theme to it, did not incorporate it into the actual stage itself. It felt as if the platforms were randomly placed with no rhyme, reason, or relation to New Pork City. If we look at Fourside for example we can see that these platforms/structures are actually skyscraper, which goes along with the theme quite nicely.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Loved/Liked from Brawl: Halberd/Delfino/PirateShip/DistantPlanet.

Halberd: Simple stage, still comes with hazards, though they come with warnings and are executed slowly, requiring them to be used against your opponents in strategy rather than simply hoping that it's going to show up and hit them.

Delfino Plaza: Has fantastic music, and it's simple, but the backround and alternating platforms keep it from being to simple. It's a fun stage overall.

Pirate Ship: This one brought back memories. The ship may have been altered drastically from Wind Waker, but for good reasons. I loved what was used for hazards on the stage and how they were used.

Distant Planet: Brought back memories as well, and once again who gets hit by what hazard depends on the players strategy rather than luck.

Hated/Disliked from Brawl: RumbleFalls/PorkCity.

Rumble Falls: Sure, it had warnings unlike Icicle Mountain, but the spikes on the stage are ridiculously strong in knockback, heavier characters have a hard time keeping up with it, and it is just plain unsuitable for competitve play.

New Pork City: Overly large, and it's only hazard can kill you in one hit. It appears at random as well, but it's also an uncommon hazard.

I think if any Melee stages are to return, the ones that didn't make it into Brawl should appear. Not all of them of course, but most series that appeared in Melee that had any stages had 2 stage reps. So instead of Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle should be used, and Great Bay instead of Hyrule Temple. (Hyrule Temple is the habitat of nearly of all Melee and Brawl troll species anyways)

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
6 favorite (in order)
6. Kongo jungle (n64)-I love the sunset in the background and the design was nice
5.Pirate ship- It just felt like a moving adventure, so many different things could happen.
4. smashville- just so peacful
3. Delfino plaze- mainly because i loved sunshine, but I loved moving to different areas, a feature i think most stages should have.
2. mushroom kingdom II- I have no idea why, but when I played melee a lot this was always such an epic battle.
1. Fourside- I love nighttime stages, and the atmosphere was amazing
honorable mentions- pokefloats, fountain of dreams, great bay, pictochat, corneria,temple,jungle japes,kongo jungle (melee), luigis mansion, spear pillar, yoshi's island (brawl).
Least favorite:
6. New pork city- just a disaster
5. mario. bros- turtles were EVERYWHERE
4. Peach's castle (n64) - i just get no enjoyment out of this stage
3. hanenbow- It is dumb how unlike EVERY other stage with water in it, you cant swin
2. Icicle mountain- you can hardly even fight, all you do is jump and it gets to crazy speeds at certain points
1. rumble falls- moving stage that everything is constantly trying to kill you, if your bowser, dk, gannandorf you lose.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
6 favorite (in order)
6. Kongo jungle (n64)-I love the sunset in the background and the design was nice
5.Pirate ship- It just felt like a moving adventure, so many different things could happen.
4. smashville- just so peacful
3. Delfino plaze- mainly because i loved sunshine, but I loved moving to different areas, a feature i think most stages should have.
2. mushroom kingdom II- I have no idea why, but when I played melee a lot this was always such an epic battle.
1. Fourside- I love nighttime stages, and the atmosphere was amazing
honorable mentions- pokefloats, fountain of dreams, great bay, pictochat, corneria,temple,jungle japes,kongo jungle (melee), luigis mansion, spear pillar, yoshi's island (brawl).
Least favorite:
6. New pork city- just a disaster
5. mario. bros- turtles were EVERYWHERE
4. Peach's castle (n64) - i just get no enjoyment out of this stage
3. hanenbow- It is dumb how unlike EVERY other stage with water in it, you cant swin
2. Icicle mountain- you can hardly even fight, all you do is jump and it gets to crazy speeds at certain points
1. rumble falls- moving stage that everything is constantly trying to kill you, if your bowser, dk, gannandorf you lose.

Top Bottom