• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most agitating kill

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
We've all got one, or two.

What is the most agitating kill to you? That type of dirty kill that makes your teeth cringe, even cost you the match.

Mine would have to be what I call the "spiderweb" technique. Foe waits by edge, grabs you, tosses you off edge, and repeat. It irritating because it doesn't really require any skill.

Just grab, throw and repeat.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Someone please stop these braindead Falcons who spam utilt at ledge anytime you're offstage.
#endrant

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Getting smashed out of the arena by a Smash attack. It just makes me feel so bad, like "Wow, how could you let yourself get hit by a telegraphed move like that?" At least I can die with some dignity if I get gimped (I usually don't anyway, since I main R.O.B.) The exception, of course, is moves with dissonant hitboxes, because let's face it, that just isn't a legit kill.
Also Ganoncide. Just... ugh...

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
We've all got one, or two.

What is the most agitating kill to you? That type of dirty kill that makes your teeth cringe, even cost you the match.

Mine would have to be what I call the "spiderweb" technique. Foe waits by edge, grabs you, tosses you off edge, and repeat. It irritating because it doesn't really require any skill.

Just grab, throw and repeat.
I saw your post on the spamming thread and I'm sorry but you have to stop it with the scrub mentality. Spiderweb my ass. Whats so difficult about grabbing the ledge? Literally just go below the ledge and up b and grab it instead of trying to jump straight into the stage. I am assuming you're a new player but that doesn't mean I'll cut you any slack. Learn the game and stop making excuses and calling very average tactics cheap. You'll never improve if you keep doing this.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I saw your post on the spamming thread and I'm sorry but you have to stop it with the scrub mentality. Spiderweb my ***. Whats so difficult about grabbing the ledge? Literally just go below the ledge and up b and grab it instead of trying to jump straight into the stage. I am assuming you're a new player but that doesn't mean I'll cut you any slack. Learn the game and stop making excuses and calling very average tactics cheap. You'll never improve if you keep doing this.
Endless grabbing/throwing IS a pretty cheap tactic.

Anyway, most annoying kill to me is when you finally succumb to a super spammy character that rolls and shoots the entire match. It just makes you lose your will to live...

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Endless grabbing/throwing IS a pretty cheap tactic.
If an opponet is too stupid to jab or do whatever to avoid getting grabbed I will keep grabbing and throwing them till they're 999%

I don't believe in the existence of cheap tactics but I can understand where some people come from. I've met my fair share of spammy Samus players who keep rolling away the entire match and it is annoying especially when the connection sucks and I can't perfect shield. But still, saying that grabbing no matter for how many times is cheap is pushing the line into the scrub territory. If I play Luigi and my opponet is clueless on how to avoid getting grabbed its only logical that I'll keep grabbing them till they die. Nothing is cheap about that. I am not going to use several moves when a single one is optimal to get the job done.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I saw your post on the spamming thread and I'm sorry but you have to stop it with the scrub mentality. Spiderweb my ***. Whats so difficult about grabbing the ledge? Literally just go below the ledge and up b and grab it instead of trying to jump straight into the stage. I am assuming you're a new player but that doesn't mean I'll cut you any slack. Learn the game and stop making excuses and calling very average tactics cheap. You'll never improve if you keep doing this.
Spamming thread? I wasn't spamming, at least not intentionally.

I spent 6 years trying to complete Brawl (which I never did, well I completed Subspace Emissary so I guess that accounts to something). I'm definitely not new to the Smash game, but I'm definitely not a "Master" either. A good friend of mine showed me some Fox tech that I've used. At times, its more or less effective but nevertheless, Smash is like any other hobby, you never stop improving (or until you put your 10,000 hours in). I'm improving with my Fox like you probably are whatever fighter you use.

I'm fighting in FF (mainly because I don't have the confidence to go in FG as much as I'd like to) so its a regular stage. I understand what message you're trying to convey but I don't appreciate being called a scrub, thanks.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
If an opponet is too stupid to jab or do whatever to avoid getting grabbed I will keep grabbing and throwing them till they're 999%

I don't believe in the existence of cheap tactics but I can understand where some people come from. I've met my fair share of spammy Samus players who keep rolling away the entire match and it is annoying especially when the connection sucks and I can't perfect shield. But still, saying that grabbing no matter for how many times is cheap is pushing the line into the scrub territory. If I play Luigi and my opponet is clueless on how to avoid getting grabbed its only logical that I'll keep grabbing them till they die. Nothing is cheap about that. I am not going to use several moves when a single one is optimal to get the job done.
As a person who plays a lot of Luigi, I must agree in that case. But, there are definitely cheap tactics in Smash. Even with Luigi, though, if you just stand at the ledge the entire match, grabbing when your opponent gets near, THATS cheap. Hands down, dude.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Any kill with an attack that's way more powerful than it needs to be -- RosaLuma up air, ZSS down-B, or Ness B-throw, for instance.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
a Link or Samus that will never stop rolling and get you somewhere around like 100% and then just get close and spam smashes
Samus killing you by rolling and smashes??? how? you gotta rush down on her dont ever let her get away with a ROLL. (her roll is sooo easy to punish. And all her smashes are flawed and whiff 89% of the time)

kills that bug me are ones that I shouldve seen coming, (falcons Dair when I tether grab and quick zip to the ledge, mario cape my CS, and a rest)

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
Samus killing you by rolling and smashes??? how? you gotta rush down on her dont ever let her get away with a ROLL. (her roll is sooo easy to punish. And all her smashes are flawed and whiff 89% of the time)

kills that bug me are ones that I shouldve seen coming, (falcons Dair when I tether grab and quick zip to the ledge, mario cape my CS, and a rest)
I do punish it but they don't learn and it is just tiring after a while.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I spent 6 years trying to complete Brawl (which I never did, well I completed Subspace Emissary so I guess that accounts to something). I'm definitely not new to the Smash game, but I'm definitely not a "Master" either. A good friend of mine showed me some Fox tech that I've used. At times, its more or less effective but nevertheless, Smash is like any other hobby, you never stop improving (or until you put your 10,000 hours in). I'm improving with my Fox like you probably are whatever fighter you use.

I'm fighting in FF (mainly because I don't have the confidence to go in FG as much as I'd like to) so its a regular stage. I understand what message you're trying to convey but I don't appreciate being called a scrub, thanks.
He didn't call you a scrub, he said you have the mentality of one.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397

I meant the "spamming attacks thread" or whatever its called. You were making a similar point to this one.
As a person who plays a lot of Luigi, I must agree in that case. But, there are definitely cheap tactics in Smash. Even with Luigi, though, if you just stand at the ledge the entire match, grabbing when your opponent gets near, THATS cheap. Hands down, dude.
I don't understand how that can be done.
If I stand at the ledge and spam grabs that must imply I have no projectiles, and if that's the case you should shoot your projectiles at me and if you do that I'll be forced to advance and loss that position that is supposed to be advantegous.. For whatever reason.
If you have no projectiles you should go in from the air if you have a safe air poke or/and a mix between dash attack and dashgrab and take the situation where ever from there.
Don't blame anyone but yourself and don't call anything cheap even if it really seems like it is. Fight the odds and adapt to whatever situation you get thrown into.

Sigh. My most agitating deaths are the ones where I get stage spiked by Mario's dash attack. I don't usually go into teching mode unless the enemy is with me in the air so that always gets me by surprise.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
He didn't call you a scrub, he said you have the mentality of one.
Okay, its nice to have the clarification because it can get easily misconstrued.

I don't see a direct correlation between this thread and the response I made in the other thread. If there is any, I must have missed it. Btw, I don't know what "spiking" is.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
The footstools that both of the players know is unintentional are pretty annoying.

Last edited:

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
Getting killed by a charge shot from Samus. Kills around 80 when they have rage.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Okay, its nice to have the clarification because it can get easily misconstrued.

I don't see a direct correlation between this thread and the response I made in the other thread. If there is any, I must have missed it. Btw, I don't know what "spiking" is.
Spiking, aka meteor smashes, in which an attack sends the foe straight down or at a steep angle downward. Another form of Spiking is Stagespiking, in which an attack knocks the foe into the stages lower surface in a way that send them downwards and into the bottom blastzone similar to meteor smashes. Hope I helped :laugh:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I like Mario players that get exposed to how noobish they really are by just using Grab/U-Tilt/U-Tilt/U-Tilt, and then hope and pray they finish me with a Smash Attack.

It's not agitating. It's cute that they believe they can beat me this way.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I like Mario players that get exposed to how noobish they really are by just using Grab/U-Tilt/U-Tilt/U-Tilt, and then hope and pray they finish me with a Smash Attack.

It's not agitating. It's cute that they believe they can beat me this way.
Actually, D-throw to U-tilt x 3 is a great combo with tons of options. So it's not "noobish" at all.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Actually, D-throw to U-tilt x 3 is a great combo with tons of options. So it's not "noobish" at all.
Oh it's noobish when that is the only thing your foe can offer you in a match. Mario is so much better than that, and I'm not going to get started on Dr. Mario's potential. (love using him)

I prefer D-throw U tilt x2 and Super Jump Punch, but that's just me.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Those moments when I quick draw with Ike and then watch him fly across the stage to his death cause of Link's boomerang. Yeah that gets me pretty salty I'd say.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
  • When I try to stuff Falco's side-B recovery with a meteor, mess up the timing/positioning, and then I'm dunked downwards to my doom.
  • Stage spikes (especially unintentional ones) get me pretty salty as well, but my fault for not teching.
  • Heck, both of the above situations are my fault, really.
I guess something sort of out of my power is getting my PK Thunder stuffed by someone sandbagging the PKT ball... hello darkness my old friend

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I do punish it but they don't learn and it is just tiring after a while.
Pretty much, it becomes a chore to even deal with it, you don't learn anything for the MU, and you don't have any fun aside disrespecting them by counterpicking Samus or w/e character they use even without having ever used that character. Then again there isn't much of a tutorial in this game or difficulty curve until you go against real people, so I understand where the spam comes from.

Edit: Though to some extent, this is actually a somewhat viable tactic doing it in the middle of a FG match, then going completely hardcore and ruining the opponent.

Last edited:

PK Get Rekt

Smash Rookie
NNID
blabbity33
3DS FC
1908-3610-0623
I play as Ness often, and I haven't gotten used to the angular patterns of PK Thunder Beta. I'll hit Ness to the right and he goes left. Anyone know why?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I play as Ness often, and I haven't gotten used to the angular patterns of PK Thunder Beta. I'll hit Ness to the right and he goes left. Anyone know why?
I've tried to figure that one out myself man. Can't help you out on that one.

• When I try to stuff Falco's side-B recovery with a meteor, mess up the timing/positioning, and then I'm dunked downwards to my doom.
  • Stage spikes (especially unintentional ones) get me pretty salty as well, but my fault for not teching.
  • Heck, both of the above situations are my fault, really.
I guess something sort of out of my power is getting my PK Thunder stuffed by someone sandbagging the PKT ball... hello darkness my old friend
Meteor smashes I find can be pretty tricky. Some are predictable like Yoshi's Ground Pound but other characters like Link can make a meteor smash unpredictable. Its weird how the small things work. You don't have any meteor smashes really for Fox or Falco, you can come in with a down-kick but that's pretty much it. You just gotta pray to Gold that Link doesn't get big ideas when you're recovering.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Stage spikes at early percentages (1% to 12%, e.g.)

Getting kept away from the ledge and falling to your death at early percentages (20%-40% range)

Flame Choked on your last stock

Walking/Dashing/Dodging into someone's charged attack

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Oh it's noobish when that is the only thing your foe can offer you in a match. Mario is so much better than that, and I'm not going to get started on Dr. Mario's potential. (love using him)

I prefer D-throw U tilt x2 and Super Jump Punch, but that's just me.
Yeah, I completely agree. I just didn't understand what you were saying. I thought you meant it wasn't good at all.

ThatEpicMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThatEpicMudkip
3DS FC
4124-5091-3596
Every move from Captain Falcon. **** him and the Mario Bros.
I'm fine with Falcon players that actually get the kill from a good read or a well spaced bair, but the laggy ones on FG that spam falcon punch and knee and take advantage of their crap internet to get cheap kills (that no one would fall for offline mode) really tick me off. Also Luigi misfires and Mario FLUDDing you to gimp you are extremely annoying.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Every move from Captain Falcon. **** him and the Mario Bros.
Meh, Falcon isn't the hardest thing to beat out there in the world. A lot of them go for a grab at the beginnning.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I'm fine with Falcon players that actually get the kill from a good read or a well spaced bair, but the laggy ones on FG that spam falcon punch and knee and take advantage of their crap internet to get cheap kills (that no one would fall for offline mode) really tick me off. Also Luigi misfires and Mario FLUDDing you to gimp you are extremely annoying.
Love Mario & Weegee's gimps...

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
For me, it'd be two:
  • Ganoncide. It doesn't matter if it were my first or last stock, just... please don't...
  • When I try to use PK Rocket but end up blasting myself away from the stage instead of to it, and I obviously hit myself on the bottom right, why'd I blast to the left?! Extra salt points if you taunt while I fall to my doom.

Last edited:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Most agitating kill for me really comes down to when I eat too much (inserting my own asterisks here) **** with my opponent and he closes out both of my stocks, taunts after I didn't lose once after nine matches, and leaves. I could have stopped it, but I was having too much fun being dumb and whiffing things on purpose.

Edit: HOW COULD I FORGOT... footstools that were not intended.... '~'

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Forgot to mention Ganoncides. It's annoying that Ganondorf loses his stock after his opponent, because now Ganondorf can literally Ganoncide twice and WIN. With other character's suicide kills, they die first, so it should only be used when they're at least a stock ahead, but not Ganondorf...

Last edited:
Top Bottom