• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most aggressive character in smash 4?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
So im a pretty aggressive melee player and im looking to main a agressive character in smash 4. So can you guys help me out and give example?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Sheik, she can do sick combos and overall feels really fast, but do keep in mind that you will have to play defensively when the situation demands it, this ain't Melee.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Sheik can be run in literally whatever way you want. Super versatile character that can knock anyone off their block.

I'd recommend her if you want a very captivating offensive character.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Shiek, Sonic, and Fox are the main ones. They can all pull off good combos and run in at almost any time they want.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Shiek, Yoshi and Sonic are definitely very aggressive, though Sonic tends to be a bit more about harassing your opponent and playing with their predictions.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Shiek, Sonic, and Fox are the main ones. They can all pull off good combos and run in at almost any time they want.
/\ this.

Only other characters I can name off the top to add to this list are Capt. Falcon but I don't feel he's as optimal as the ones ATH_ listed.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Take your pic:
:4falcon:, :4fox:, :4littlemac:, :4sonic:

These characters can go both ways:
:4zss:, :4sheik:, :4yoshi:

I would also mention :4metaknight:, but he's gotten a heavy nerf in this game. If you want a low tier though, go for it.

I'm also a Melee player, I ended up choosing Fox for this game as one of my two characters to focus on (the other being Shulk, whom I just liked because of how versatile he is).

Last edited:

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
I would also mention :4metaknight:, but he's gotten a heavy nerf in this game. If you want a low tier though, go for it.

I'm also a Melee player, I ended up choosing Fox for this game as one of my two characters to focus on (the other being Shulk, whom I just liked because of how versatile he is).

I don't know if I'd say MK is a viable rush-down character. A lot of his moves are punishable and his range is terrible. I think he's best used patiently and just outside the opponent's range until they make a mistake .Then swoop in to punish hard and keep the pressure until it's best to drop it.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I think Little Mac is the most aggressive character. He is very fast. He can low profile a lot of projectiles and the super armor on his moves let's him break past defensive moves.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I feel like Kirby rewards aggressive play, at least more than he does in other games. Once you get in with Kirby, he can get really nice combos. Also, SH fair to initiate. Though, characters like Little Mac, Fox, Captain Falcon, Shiek (jeez she's good in this game) and Sonic are still better with aggressive playstyles.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
I think Little Mac is the most aggressive character. He is very fast. He can low profile a lot of projectiles and the super armor on his moves let's him break past defensive moves.
Mac is actually rather defensive in the current meta right now. His frame data is so good that he's best used to punish opponent's mistakes rather than purely aggress them into oblivion. Also if the opponent stands on the ledge, being aggressive will lose you games. Diddy, Sheik, Mario, Fox, and Greninja are all super aggressive but can projectile-camp if the matchup calls for it. Sonic is similar, but with running away instead of projectile-use. Falcon is the true aggressor, but also requires a high level of Yomi depth and bait-and-punish game.

TLDR: Falcon is most aggressive, then generally Sheik or Fox. Play him, Sheik, or Mario if you want to feel like you're playing melee.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
A friend of mine does a very aggressive Greninja, but that may just be because you have to play aggressive against Robin.

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
ZSS can be pretty aggresive, she can do some nice follow ups and combos. You'll love that character

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
I agree with all the other answers, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned pikachu!
His mobility is great compared to most characters in the game and a mix of QA, thunder jolts, and offstage shenanigans totally pressures your opponent
Of course you can play him slower, but that's probably not as fun lol and maybe not even as a effective

D

Deleted member 269706

Barely any mention of Captain Falcon, I think he's the king of agression with that wild dash grab and every aerial, special, smash attack, and even some of his throws being kill moves.

srn347

Smash Apprentice
Since you're transitioning from melee and mained marth, I'd recommand giving lucina a try. Her sword's power is consistent throughout rather than concentrated at the tip, yielding a less distance-oriented and more aggressive play style than marth.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Since you're transitioning from melee and mained marth, I'd recommand giving lucina a try. Her sword's power is consistent throughout rather than concentrated at the tip, yielding a less distance-oriented and more aggressive play style than marth.
So you're recommending nerfing himself for no reason?

Stick to Marth. Lucina's benefits are trivial for the most part, but Marth's tipper is EXTREMELY more beneficial whenever it does hit in terms of damage and knock back.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sheik is probably the most aggressive from what I've seen. Captain Falcon is kinda forced to play aggressively because I don't really think he can play any other way lol.

Little Mac playing aggressively is not optimal from what I've observed though, I've found walking, spacing with tilts (which are amazing) and playing the punish game to be more suitable than running around, but that's just me.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Like many people said, Sheik is pretty agressive and Falcon is also one character that can be only played agressively. Also, if you play him well, Ganondorf is kind of a agressive character, and one who kills really early! But, he is slow, so watch out!

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
Zero Suit is like Melee in the same way Shiek is, little landing lag so give both a try. Falcon to and Sonic are worth trying

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Fox isn't a rush down character people! He's a punish character who will thrive off pressuring!

But in general, rush down is mostly in the favour of C. Falcon, Sheik, and Diddy.
Why? Cause these character's have aerials that are safe on shield, grab options they can get percentage off, and insane pressure.

If you want to see some rush down, then you should find one of ZeRo's sets with Captain Falcon, to constantly be in your enemy's face forcing them into options you can capitalize off, the same can be said about Fox, but his running slide animation, lack of priority, shield push, and grab options at high percentages makes it unsafe to play as aggressively as you can with others.

A quick example is how Sheik's Dtilt is safe on shield as the opponent is pushes slightly back, however this isn't the case with Fox's Dtilt, making it an unsafe option.

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
Define aggressive. Do you mean speed wise, frame wise, damage wise or combo wise? You can play any character aggressively and it's all debatable. I play peach agressively and camp more with fox. Plus game and watch is really underrated.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Like many people said, Sheik is pretty agressive and Falcon is also one character that can be only played agressively. Also, if you play him well, Ganondorf is kind of a agressive character, and one who kills really early! But, he is slow, so watch out!
Ganondorf requires tons of patience once you reach the point where people stop running into your attacks. He's more of a passive-aggressive character who works his way in slowly. In general passive-aggressive is usually the optimal way to play Smash 4, as indirectly pressuring your opponent with the threat of something tends to be better than committing to something prematurely. Most high tiers in Smash 4 can be played fairly aggressively, but none of them can go Melee Fox aggro, and they all need to pull back and pick their spots at times. Sheik, Diddy, Sonic, and Pika can be played pretty aggressively if you want to, though they're versatile enough to go campy too. Fox and Falcon are other good characters who lean aggro.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Pit can be played pretty aggressively as well, not as much as Sheik/Diddy/Falcon etc., but since he has one of the best recoveries in the game as well as a very versatile projectile, along with good juggling ability, he's a pretty good contender. Look for videos of Nairo or Earth playing Pit/Dark Pit and you'll see what he's capable of in terms of aggression.

Top Bottom