• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortality eSports Drops ChuDat and Fighting Games

TheAttitudeEra

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's because he's inactive. And that's his fault. Mortality did nothing wrong. Love how you guys think sponsorships are playthings

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Hate to hear this. There is a "GoFundMe" to try to get ChuDat to EVO going on right now... I am a fan of this company, so I hope they continue to do well in other ventures, sponsoring other types of gamers.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Wow, dropping the before Evo, succmy.
What I heard is that ChuDat was known for letting his sponsors know about a tournament he wanted to attend last minute. Mortality did make an announcement that they would be supporting their sponsored players up until the last tournament that they pre-registered for... but that does not appear to be the case for Chu.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Not surprised, MOR dropped Chu. He's been inactive for a long time.
Not to mention about his so-called "lunch" and "dinner" on Twitter. Yuck.

From now on, he need to use his tag accurately as KMAC | Chu.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Good. He sucks anyway, and his lunch photos made me vomit

And anybody who donates to this guy is a huge naive tool. He only plays for easy money and notoriety. He is not the same guy from years ago. There's a reason why he's trying to get you fanboys to pay for him. He doesn't want to take the time to catch up to anyone in any game.

But hey, have fun enabling washed up players.
I feel this applies more to Chillndude than to Chu. Like... a thousand times more. Except in Chilln's case he does a much better job of pretending like he's going to become a top player, despite having NEVER won a major tournament or even come close. He beat Ken, once. Not impressive in todays melee scene, yet fanboys will still flock to him and give him money.

I will say this though, Chilln has a very good quality & entertaining stream and I enjoy watching it from time to time.

In Chu's case at the very least he doesn't act like he's going to become a top player again because he knows he can't keep up with todays players.. but at the very least he's won big events in the past, so I respect his smash career more than Chillns.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I feel this applies more to Chillndude than to Chu. Like... a thousand times more. Except in Chilln's case he does a much better job of pretending like he's going to become a top player, despite having NEVER won a major tournament or even come close. He beat Ken, once. Not impressive in todays melee scene, yet fanboys will still flock to him and give him money.

I will say this though, Chilln has a very good quality & entertaining stream and I enjoy watching it from time to time.

In Chu's case at the very least he doesn't act like he's going to become a top player again because he knows he can't keep up with todays players.. but at the very least he's won big events in the past, so I respect his smash career more than Chillns.
Chillin is a good personality and sometimes that is more important to sponsors than winning. He might not be a top player, but he knows them all. Chillin is obviously going to be confident in his ability to rise in rankings.
What I heard is that ChuDat was known for letting his sponsors know about a tournament he wanted to attend last minute. Mortality did make an announcement that they would be supporting their sponsored players up until the last tournament that they pre-registered for... but that does not appear to be the case for Chu.
Oh, well there goes my sympathy.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Chillin is a good personality and sometimes that is more important to sponsors than winning. He might not be a top player, but he knows them all. Chillin is obviously going to be confident in his ability to rise in rankings.
Ya good point. From a sponsors viewpoint I would also sponsor Chillndude.

But lets be honnest, he does not have the talent to crack top 8 at a national. He's probably one of the most overrated fox players of all time.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
No sarcasm at all, what does" additional team oriented eSports titles requiring the resources that might otherwise be spent on expensive travel to fighting game events" even mean?

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
You guys do realize sponsorships are not about how talented you are, right?

M.Y.S.T

Smash Cadet
Good. He sucks anyway, and his lunch photos made me vomit

And anybody who donates to this guy is a huge naive tool. He only plays for easy money and notoriety. He is not the same guy from years ago. There's a reason why he's trying to get you fanboys to pay for him. He doesn't want to take the time to catch up to anyone in any game.

But hey, have fun enabling washed up players.
LMAO "chudat sucks" hahaha he got into evo top 8 lol

Top Bottom