• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More vids of Ulti's Ganon (UPDATED, more vids!)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Hello all, about a week ago I went to a friends house and got a bunch of vids recorded. First batch just came, more should be coming soon. Anyways, please enjoy the first 4 vids released.

1. Me vs D. Disciple (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RafoRO9GbIQ

2. Me vs Flux (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnZJSpQsXkI

3. Me vs Flux (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj_6TBa5VpM

4. Me vs D. Disciple (Pika)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXv36hzviYw

5. Me vs Zeus (Fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRs67cI1R1I

6. Me vs D. Disciple (Pika)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjf6eG038aU

Overall, I'd say I did a little better than usual in these vids (I usually don't beat Disciple), but I'm not complaining.

Comment/Critiques are welcomed and above all I hope you enjoy them. I think I got a bit better since my last vids from ~ a month ago.

Also, thanks to D. Disciple for filming/uploading.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Hold tight Ulti I got some more vids of your ganon that I need to put up, but yeah you have gotten better than last time. I have to step up my game just to make sure you don't catch up with me.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I wouldn't worry about that too much. You handed me a few solid defeats, plus your Pika is a monster. I'm more afraid of it than your Fox.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the vids D.

Not to be pushy, but I'd really appreciate some comments/advice/whatever.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight.

i watched 1 video; and that was u vs flux.

I dont know really know alot about ganon, so im not gunna talk about tech and options, but im gunna tell you 2 things that are blaringly obvious.

__

#1 - you warlock kick too **** much.

And not only do you do it too much, you seem to do it at blaringly obvious times (i.e. as openers, as opposed to CC'd moves and whatnot).

Im not saying I think you should NEVER warlock kick, but I think you can afford to use it more sparingly.

#2 - you need to sweetspot the ledge some.

Now, im not gunna sit here and say you dont know how to sweetspot, cause you came close a few times (i've seen closer sweetspots), but when your friend can stand on the edge and neutral B you like, 3/4 x in a row, there's something wrong.

Other than that, i dont really have anything to say. D:

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
^ well said, I've only had the chance to watch the Marth vids so far, and those were my only real critiques. I've learned from playing FS Rob that Ganon. can't. go. overtop. Marth. At least, not when he's standing on the stage, charging Fsmashes and Neutral Bs.

Might as well drop down and try for the ledge. At least it gives you the opportunity to edgetech if he hits you anyway. On the occasion where he catches on (or you start teching his hits and surviving) and he goes to edgehog, well, you usually have enough time to change up your plan and go for the stage after the W.kick. Reading whether he's staying on the stage or not is easy enough.

sprials

Smash Rookie
somethings you could try:

a few more grabs
not going all the way towards the stage when using up+B recovery. A couple times if you'd pulled back versus marth in the second match you probably could have grabbed the ledge and his neutral B would miss.
bairs are good against Marth because you can usually outrange him. also DJ-bairs are good too.
marth's recovery is pretty predictable (especially if they use their second jump before over-b), you can jump out and use reverse uair. My friend hates it when i kill his marth at like 40%.

D. Disciple

Smash Master

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I watched you vs Disciple and you vs zeus(falco)1. You should learn to DI better, a couple of attacks he hit you with you went just straight across. Ganon can survive marths fsmash up until about 200% as long as he doesn't tipper it(Dream land at least) so you really need to have good DI. The Uair edgeguards were beautiful. The roll dodges.... you really need to cut down a good 50% of those. it was becoming pretty predictable sometimes. Fair-Roll dodge back and repeat. you did that a couple of times. And i also suggest you learn to edgehop and edgewavedash. In the match against Disciples marth the re were a few oppurtunities to edgehop to grab to aerial. Also, the edgewavedash brings a lot of options like: edgewavedash to grab, jab, turn around and ftilt(that can really turn things around, it´s like "who's edgeguarding who now?"). You can also Upsmash out of an edgewavedash if he is at a platform above you.

Nearly every time you land an aerial on an opponents shield you should jab immidiatly. It will most of the time hit them out of their shieldgrab or aerial if you are fast enough.

Also,
Ganon. can't. go. overtop. Marth. At least, not when he's standing on the stage, charging Fsmashes and Neutral Bs.
You should try to wallhug and edgetech. It can be hard sometimes but when you get the hang of it, it ins´t that hard.

Now for the falco match. Ok, i know falco ***** ganon pretty bad but you can at least give him a run for his money.

Again, DI, DI and DI! every single one Bair and nair that hit you at 100%+ wasn't DI´d. The edgewavedash isn´t as effective against him because he has those annoying lasers. Also, the grabs.... you need the grabs. When he lands an aerial on you shield you know he will most likely shine. Shield his shine too and the go for the grab. And when you have an grab in you should: 0-100% ALWAYS d-throw and techchase from there with stomps if he techs in place, fair´s if he rolls away from you and bairs if he techs behind you. If he doesn´t tech, just stomp the hell out of him. When he is at 100-ca.150% you can upthrow to ftilt which works okay and i think you can also dthrow to ftilt at those percentages. When falco get´s stomped make him pay for it. he shouldn´t escape with less than about 40% or death if he is a higher percentage.

That sorta sums it up and good luck with your Ganon :)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the advice. I just have a few DI related questions:

1. DI Falco's Nair/bair up right?
2. As for Marth's/Falco's F-smash, up and towards them right?

Also, alot of my bad DI is because I'm trying to avoid my opponent. Should I focus more on what attack is going to hit me next and DI from there, or what?

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
for most attacks you should DI up and towards them yes, but then again when you are being comboed that is the last thing you will want to do. take for example a marth who f-throws you, if you DI up and towards him the only thing you will be getting is a tipper in the face.

Should I focus more on what attack is going to hit me next and DI from there, or what?
yes, that is exactly what you should do. And remember, a ganon with good DI can live almost forever(i think i lived once to 320% just by DI'ing and edgeteching properly(it was against a Marth)

Again, good luck with your ganon;)

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Shield Grabbing is awesome. Just look at what Zues's Falco does and what YOU can do:
Short Hop, Laser, Fast Fall, Nair, Laser, Nair etc.

Shield grabbing is focused on most shuffling "overusers" as you may know! Take advantage of shield grabbing and grab more often. That'll make you a very good Ganon!

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Shield grabbing is focused on most shuffling "overusers" as you may know! Take advantage of shield grabbing and grab more often. That'll make you a very good Ganon!
Just watch out for the shine because it WILL hit you out of your grab. Try to shield the shine and then grab. IF he doesn´t fast fall the aerial you can however grab him before he lands(I think :/)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Why didn't you edgehog marth in the 3rd vid? You coulda killed him much earlier I think

Flux has a tendency to f-air me if I jump out too early. I thought he was going for an early up and try to grab the ledge earlier, in which case I could u-air spike. Neither worked that way as you see though. Edge-hog was probably the better option.

So assuming Falco's are shuffle happy, wait for shine -> shield-grab, correct?

Also, what's better, light shield or a heavier one? I find I get shield-stabbed alot with heavy, but light makes it kinda hard to counter-attack/grab.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
yeah, correct.

about light or heavy shield. If you are worried about shieldstab then just light shield. I rarely lightshield. Its just preference. Light shied=safe, Heavy shield=Riskier but more rewarding.

Top Bottom