• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Pokemon trainers!

susu_atari

Smash Ace
From my point of view, Pokemon Trainer is the best possible way to represent Pokemon in SSBB. Pokemon has more playable characters than any other game ever, and to have more than one in one slot it the perfect way to show what pokemon is all about.
Personally, I would really love it if they put another Pokemon Trainer in SSBB, representing one of the other Pokemon games.

So... a couple of questions to you all.

1. Would you rather see another Pokemon Trainer instead of more single-pokemon characters?

2. If there was another Pokemon Trainer, which Pokemon should he/she have?

I would like to see the girl trainer from Ruby/Sapphire, with Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken.
It might be fun, though, to see a "Melee" trainer, with Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo.

Any other suggestions?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm thinking one Pokemon Trainer is fine. I mean he has to switch between the Pokemon!

If anymore Pokemon make it in (which I'm sure will happen.) they need to be single Pokemon.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see more stand alone Pokemon because with the trainer's pokemon change, you can't keep the same Pokemon out for a long time

If there was another trainer, it would be cool to see the guy from Pokemon Colosseum with Espeon and Umbreon.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
If there was another trainer, it would be cool to see the guy from Pokemon Colosseum with Espeon and Umbreon.
I second the living hell outta that.
I think I'm in the opposite opinion to most people, in that I don't think there's any need for more SINGLE-Pokemon characters. Pokemon has a lot of er... "gay"messages about teamwork and bonding, and although it irritates me, it's what Pokemon is all about.

IllidR

Smash Champion
This has already been done so look that thread up and no, pokemon has enough representation and doesn't need to ruin a very original character by adding three more.

Lok

Smash Cadet
Yeah, 1 PT is enough. He's going to be fairly tough to master alone, if there were more, you'd have to spend more time unlocking them, then mastering that ones moves. Plus it would be annoying figuring out which 1 you want, so having more would just take up more character space.

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
One's definitely enough. As awesome as he is, another PT would be pretty stupid.

Pecans

Smash Rookie
I don't think they need more poke'mon trainers really, but I do think that the Poke'mon Trainer character should have several costumes available to him. Such as the male and female versions of the different Poke'mon game's protagonists, the gym leaders, Bug Catcher, or Team Rocket cronies. The Poke'mon themselves wouldn't be different, they'd just have someone else commanding them.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
I think one is enough but if they were to add another one I would like them to have:
Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd be scared to see what would happen if they made Mudkip a playable character. o_o

Anyways, I still don't think we need anymore Pokemon trainers. I think that one is enough, and great as well.

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
There is only one choice for another Pokemon trainer's Pokemon:

1. Paras
2. Grimer
3. Hitmonlee
whoa... still not giving up on paras, are you.(i read that McFox's picks thread)

on subject, one pokemon trainer is all i want for now. i mean, it's kind of an experiment, right? sort of extending the shiek/zelda char.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they need more poke'mon trainers really, but I do think that the Poke'mon Trainer character should have several costumes available to him. Such as the male and female versions of the different Poke'mon game's protagonists, the gym leaders, Bug Catcher, or Team Rocket cronies. The Poke'mon themselves wouldn't be different, they'd just have someone else commanding them.
lol, I could imagine Jesse and James with Arbok, Weezing, and Wobuffet (NOT MEOWTH, he should be stand alone :])

Pjv

Smash Apprentice
I think that something more than a simple palette swap should be done when selecting the Pokémon Trainer from the selection screen; trainers from the different series would be really cool. As for more Pokémon, I think that there shouldn't be anymore, as we already have 4 in Melee (but they could switch Pichu for, say, Scyther! :chuckle: ).
BTW, what if two Pokémon Trainers fight each other? I would love to see a shiny Charizard!

Sinn

Smash Lord
lol, I could imagine Jesse and James with Arbok, Weezing, and Wobuffet (NOT MEOWTH, he should be stand alone :])
I like this idea, mainly because Jesse and James were hilarious, but...Wobuffet? Wasn't his only attack reflecting other attacks?

Top Bottom