• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

more people are in the know than you think :)

rblair

Smash Cadet
the other day me and my brother walked into target and to the video game department. This little kid who must have been no more than 6 (no kidding). He was with his dad at the wii section and saw a case of melee. He then turned to his dad and said " they must have put melee out to advertise for brawl." I was so happy when I heard this. A kid this young knows what's up, making me realize how big this game will be. I hadn't realized brawl had appealed to an extremely young audience(even before commercials! Or maybe this lkid was just pro:)) now I'm afraid to get dominated by little kid pros on wifi.:laugh:

Btw I was tempted to walk up to him to ask him who he was gonna main:laugh:

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
i could easily see that being me when i was a munchkin myself. (although when i was 6 i was already smart enough to never take my dad out in public)

also, wow, who buys a 6-year old a wii? when i was 6 i was entertained with tinkertoys and lincoln logs. (shut up, they were fun)

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
i could easily see that being me when i was a munchkin myself. (although when i was 6 i was already smart enough to never take my dad out in public)

also, wow, who buys a 6-year old a wii? when i was 6 i was entertained with tinkertoys and lincoln logs. (shut up, they were fun)
omg I loved lincon logs! lol

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
why is it so surprising that a kid would no about a videogame?
(but u gotta give him props even at six he knows basic marketing strategies)
lincoln logs, legos and building blocks (even as a sprout i never liked duplos)

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Well when I was six I believe I had a super nintendo, or a sega genisis. I barely remember playing regular nintendo over my cousins house. Heck yes, Lincoln logs were AWESOME. I used to make all these bases, and have army men scout and role-play the entire situation.

man I was rough with my toys. I MEAN REALLY ROUGH with my toys. By the time I was 11 most of them were completely broken, and mom stopped buying them, so I was forced out of the toy-stage. Haha, I used to pretend megaman was fighting super sayian 3 goku toy, and make goku shoot a fireball at megaman. when it hit megaman, I threw him as hardest as I can at the wall, and he broke.

I remember not having any toys for some games, so I just pretended my small fan was a big bomb and etc. I used to buy a pokemon toy every saturday, until I had about 40 of them. I brought them to school to show-off, and someone STOLE ALL MY POKEMON TOYS. I cried all day. :(

fun days. kk im going off topic about my toy-days.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice

Tinker Toys > PS3

He probably has an older brother or sister that's at least 10 years old...

Macrofly

Smash Cadet

Hehe, actually, I've been a video game nerd since forever.

I've played Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon games since I was like 4 or 5.

And even before that, I would watch my brother play video games on the N64. :p

I actually have a vague memory, before I could read, of my brother reading to me the cutscenes in LoZ : OoT. >_>

Ridley22

Smash Ace
It's not suprising my cousin who is six knows about the game.

When I was 4-6 I played with Beast Wars. Best Transformer thing EVER. Rhinox=WIN

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
It's not suprising my cousin who is six knows about the game.

When I was 4-6 I played with Beast Wars. Best Transformer thing EVER. Rhinox=WIN
LOL! He's up in my room right now! I also had cheetor (I think thats his name) and that raptor one lol.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

I actually have a vague memory, before I could read, of my brother reading to me the cutscenes in LoZ : OoT. >_>
OMG! Exact same thing with me :O

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I think its silly that people think brawl is an "underground video game"

Its way more popular than most people on these boards realize.

Little kids usually know the most about video games anyway.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
for the life of me i cannot beat my kindergarten brother at wii tennis (im a senior in hs) plus, him and my 1st grade brother can probably handle most noobs at smash, so little kids can definitly game. and yes, this game is going to be huge. who knew 7 years ago when i was falling in love with playing ssb64 that this franchise would be such a winner??

Dais

Smash Cadet
Yeah, kids can be way smarter than companies think. Thats why it always ticks me off the way they dumb video games and cartoons down to appeal to kids, like they're some kind of ******* that can't press more than one button at a time or can't understand a storyline that involves more than someone getting hit in the face with a pie. I was playing Castlevania (thats the first one. On the NES. . . for you whipper-snappers) when I was 6. And let me tell ya, that game is a little difficult. But it is possible that some pretty young kids will put up a fight on Brawl . . . lets hope. I still won't hesitate to make them cry.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I was six when the first smash came out, but I didn't have a N64 so I played it at my neighbors house. I think I started playing Duck Hunt when I was like 3 or 4.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's just the way things tend to work with anything regarding technology in general it is far easier for someone to learn how to do something when your 5 or 6 then compared to 30+ years old. Kids absorb information and things around them like sponges, which is always surprises me when a older gamer can get caught off guard by someone younger.

Earlier in the season at Wal-mart where I work, we had a rock band demo setup there, and we have three teenagers having issues with it. Simply to put it they couldn't complete a song, all of a suddenly this eight year old walks up and managed to beat three songs with ease, completely owning so called 'experienced' gamers (Which they claimed to me when they claimed the machine wasn't working, yes they were blaming our equipment :chuckle:). It was rather hilarious to say the least, never underestimate the youth ;)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Wow, this kid is definitely going into marketing. All I could think about at that age was which Power Rangers/Ninja Turtles action figure to get next.

By the way, your thread title was a little misleading. I thought you were originally going to talk about some guy at Target who gave you "inside info" on Brawl.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
thats politically incorrect there humans and they are litlle so htey are little people.
I thought it was height-challenged. Anyway I was suprised when my 6 year old cousin knew about brawl. Well his dad works for Best Buy and he likes melee so I shouldn't have been suprised.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
ha im betting he has an older brother that tells him all about brawl XD, i force my sister to see the dojo updates every week XD made her love smash bros. =p Nice story tho ^_^

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Kids are growing faster everyday, it is always the youngest child who is the smartest (at least with all the families I know.)

cswright

Smash Apprentice
some of my earliest memories involve playing the NES classics all the time. Zelda (1 and 2), Mario 1, Contra, 1942 (in Japanese for some reason), Bases Loaded, Punch Out!, blowing in cartridges even though the word on the playground was it was bad for it...the list goes on. The funny thing is, I remember beating all of them (except Contra of course) and I dont understand how. I have a hard time with some of these things now if I try em.

Eagle

Smash Lord
The only thing I'm surprised about is what he knows about Marketing, apart from that, I'm not surprised he knows about Brawl if he's getting a Wii.

My littlest brother who is 7 (was 6 when he first heard about Brawl) knows a lot of Brawl because I show him the updates. He is also pretty decent at Melee aswell and can do advanced techniques. Not well, but can.

Anyways..

I don't like the idea of "Little People". ****** sounds much better.

tutata

Smash Ace
That was a nice story let me tell you a nicer one. Ok so both my friends are at EB games right. "gamestop". Ok so then they are playing the wii right so they give the guy their I.Ds so they can play. Then they are playing the wii. Ok so then this special-ed kid walks in some guy from our middle school. Then he asks if he could play and the guys tell him, ya if u go I.D. The kids says no and he starts screaming and banging on things and runs of. True story. Makes as much sence as yours : )

KirbyCideTwo

Smash Rookie

man that is nearly the same as me! when i was about 3 or 4 years old i used to (easily) beat pokemon yellow by getting my mum to read the words (we played on pokemon stadium 1)

also, wow on the 6 year old kid and the marketing strategies

Kowz

Smash Journeyman

HOLY **** ME TOO!!!! But the cutscenes when I was 5 or 6, NOT THAT I COULDN'T READ! He just reads stuff outloud...MELEE FTW, Brawl FOR THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER, OF EVER!!!!!

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
My brother is 8 and he knows and abuses so many things in Melee. If I were to teach him, he could probably wavedash and be a pretty comparable smash player. Of course he is pretty much a genius :x

Top Bottom