• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More music tracks hidden within smashbros.com's server

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenG

Smash Lord
It does work. Right click on them, save-as and WAIT because the server is extremely laggy. Now it's downloading at 61kb/s.

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Umm, note that this is probably just a fake. "smashbros.servemp3.com" means that the main server is "servemp3.com" with subdomain "smashbros". Even though it looks like it belongs to "smashbros.com", it's just a random (probably privately owned) machine in Spain hosted via dynamic DNS.

So while the files may be authentic, they could come from anywhere and there is no proof that this stuff is from Nintendo.

GenG

Smash Lord
I got the web from a friend of mine, so he maybe hosted the mp3s files there claimed it was a subserver which hosted the mp3 files. I've been owned then.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Just to make it certain they're not real, listening to the dream land one - and he said all the music would be from a real orchestra. I can clarify this is NOT a real orchestra lol

yoda31419

Smash Cadet
I tried to download them, but it seems like the server cut me off on all of the tracks. One of the songs was cut off after 2 seconds :(

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Er, I have some serious doubts about this.
I just downloaded 20% of Sound 6 (Melee's Alternate FD theme) and had a listen. It sounds exactly like it did in Melee. No remixing seems to be done at all. And seeing what an epic makeover the Menu 1 theme was given, I doubt it's legit.

But then again, I guess everything is possible.

Vali

Smash Ace
It's already been said that it's fake.

Edit: Voda, since they aren't even being hosted on the smashbros site and are exactly the same as their Melee counterparts I think the chances of it being fake are quite good.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if it's Nintendo or not because it's all OLD, anyways. That's like getting excited about someone saying Smash Bros. Brawl will have no less than 50 characters or that Yoshi is returning.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I'm now using my teh l33t haxz0rs skills to figure out THE REAL site server.

Here's how it's done. (Highlight to read)

You right click then view the source code of the page.
Find that the sound is embedded in a flash document... or is it??
The code says "music/images/sound070522a.swf"

This means that the location of the flash document is here:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/music/images/sound070522a.swf
^^Try it yourself.

The location has been garbled or something like that, so there's no sequence.
We can't just see that the file is called sound1 and then try sound2 to see if it exists.

I'm going one step further. I downloaded the .swf from the location on the site
and am attempting to open it in a decompiler. I exported it and reopened it in flash.
I find that the sound is embedded into the swf file, and NOT therefore, stored on an
external server.

INCONCLUSIVE PROOF.

The site's audio files are not stored as .mp3, they are stored inside flash files
Sure there could be other flash files on the site, but it's impossible to tell.

GenG's site is fake.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Also note, 070522 is todays date. Chances are they are not going to upload anything that they don't want us to see.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, they probably wont upload anything new till they plan to release it. Best stop trying and wasting time.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
^^Wtf, read my post n00b.

I'm now using my teh l33t haxz0rs skills to figure out THE REAL site server.

Here's how it's done. (Highlight to read)

You right click then view the source code of the page.
Find that the sound is embedded in a flash document... or is it??
The code says "music/images/sound070522a.swf"

This means that the location of the flash document is here:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/music/images/sound070522a.swf
^^Try it yourself.

The location has been garbled or something like that, so there's no sequence.
We can't just see that the file is called sound1 and then try sound2 to see if it exists.

I'm going one step further. I downloaded the .swf from the location on the site
and am attempting to open it in a decompiler. I exported it and reopened it in flash.
I find that the sound is embedded into the swf file, and NOT therefore, stored on an
external server.

INCONCLUSIVE PROOF.

The site's audio files are not stored as .mp3, they are stored inside flash files
Sure there could be other flash files on the site, but it's impossible to tell.

GenG's site is fake.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
GenG's URL aint working no more. Shame, I would of still liked to of downloaded them and have a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom