• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

moonwalking

Hattotron

Smash Rookie
fairly new to lucas and smash as a whole, i wanted to know if there was a way to moonwalk with lucas, i tried like a lot of times to do so but i can't seem to get it right. help¿¿

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
I think everyone can but it's only useful with a couple characters. (not lucas) amirite?

Last edited:

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
I cant tell you, how many wasted hours spent trying get Lucas to moonwalk.
IT DOES NOT HAPPEN! Lol
Trying all the different methods when I started then realizing his traction & physics simply don't allow it = a sad Lucas main

trancex

Smash Cadet
Lucas can too moonwalk. Do a perfect wd forward where you might otherwise walk to start a moonwalk with Fox or Falco.

It's not very good, but it's there.

D e l t a

Lucas can too moonwalk. Do a perfect wd forward where you might otherwise walk to start a moonwalk with Fox or Falco.

It's not very good, but it's there.
Pretty sure this is simply the momentum from the wavedash carrying into his walk forward, which appears to be a moonwalk, but it isn't. The space animal's moonwalk, similar to Marth and a few other characters, is based off walking forward then rotating the analog stick a quarter circle from one side to the other without touching the bottom divot in less than 1-3 frames. Lucas doesn't have this feature last I know and tested.

Last edited:

trancex

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure this is simply the momentum from the wavedash carrying into his walk forward, which appears to be a moonwalk, but it isn't. The space animal's moonwalk, similar to Marth and a few other characters, is based off walking forward then rotating the analog stick a quarter circle from one side to the other without touching the bottom divot in less than 1-3 frames. Lucas doesn't have this feature last I know and tested.
I know how the input works. If you didn't know, you can replace the walk with a wd forward with the spacies and moonwalk that way. In fact, the reason bizzarro flame can moonwalk so well is because he moonwalks out of perfect wavelands.

D e l t a

Was explaining for the others in the thread. I figured you're fully well aware of the inputs.

If you could show me a vid of this I'd love to see. Last I checked I couldn't moonwalk with Lucas nor could I find anything explaining or showing this.

HyperFlame

Smash Rookie
gfycat.com/BarrenFirmKakarikis

Wavedash into moonwalk.

Apparently I can't post links since I don't have 10 posts.

Last edited:

D e l t a

Oh snap, that's sick!! Thanks for sharing. I honestly thought he didn't have a moonwalk until now. I'm gonna be in the lab testing this out now

Are the inputs the same semi-circle rotation in less than a frame or two? And does this work with his walk? I haven't been able to moonwalk like I can with Fox/Falco

Quick link to GIF:

Last edited:

HyperFlame

Smash Rookie
Doesn't work out of a walk. Yeah, it's the same input as a regular moonwalk, you just have to wavedash first. Perfect wavedash for best results.

Basically, wavedash -> walk as little as possible -> immediate moonwalk.

That's also the quickest way to moonwalk with characters that can only moonwalk out of a walk, since you can wavedash into max walking speed.

Last edited:

trancex

Smash Cadet
Thanks for doing the work for me Hyperflame. I've been working on getting a new capture card, but I guess no need to rush now.

Excellent quality, by the way.

Top Bottom