• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthlies@UWaterloo - December 4th Results and Shoutouts

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Singles

• (11 Entrants)
1: Coolhat
2: Michael Chen
3: Executor
4: Acidile
5: David
5: Kada
7: Gold
7: Yibo

Pools Cut Off:

9: EWC
9: Flan (Had to leave after pools)
9: Jono

It started out pretty poorly, but things worked out pretty well in the end. Thanks to all of you who made it out. =)

mchen

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts:
Coolhat - I enjoyed our sets a lot. I need to learn to di and not get naired all the time.
Executor - Thanks for the drink, you're a nice guy aha. You have a good variety of characters. Beat me with doc next tourney.
Acidile - Very very close games in pools and bracket which you should have won. Your sheik is really solid. Just work on the consistency of your edgeguards and combos.
David - I don't think I played you in the tourney outside of friendlies. Thanks for letting us stay at your place until 5. Let's practice teams more.
Kada - Thanks for organizing this and transporting TVs. Ganon gets destroyed by combos so easily :/
Gold - You improved a lot from the beginning of the year. Stick to puff against spacies imo :)
Yibo - Our sets were destruction but it's falcon v falco so w/e. Let's do more friendlies next study term.
EWC - <_<. You'll do better next time. Work on the mindgames and don't be nervous.
Flan - It's good to see you again :). Your peach is still good. Too bad you had to leave after pools :/
Jono - You're the best ness I've played but it's too bad his recovery is pretty lousy. You have some nice combos and djc skils.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
YOO massive nonsleeping/glasses johns etc., next time true secret training in the mountains sheik will show up (I hope).

Coolhat - You're like so good, grats on the massive prize pool lol. I feel like playing you more would really help me be smarter at choosing my openings (even though it's so painful playing against you lol).

MCHEN - Such fun sets, I feel like I'm sooooo close, but at the same time the game count speaks for itself, close losses are still losses =\. You're really good etc.

Executor - I HAD TO LOSE TO KEEP OUR RIVALRY ALIVE OK? I CAN'T JUST WIN EVERY TIME BRO. Seriously though, you seemed like you had gotten better (at least until mchen **** happened), pick a main and stick with it. We also need to figure out what characters to play in teams, and we'll start to srsly ****.

David - You're improving super super fast, if there's smashfests at any point I'm down to do a bunch of friendlies so you can get better at the Sheik matchup.

Kada - I've been running into alot of Ganons in losers brackets lately, it makes me both happy and sad. You played super well in our sets, be more ruthless in the CGing and a bit more patient (just spamming moves gives fast characters huge openings) and things will improve.

Gold - We didn't play singles? Fun teams matches though. OBSESS OVER RESTS AND REST SETUPS FOR AWHILE AND YOULL ****. TRUST ME. SERIOUSLY. DO IT. Like you'll miss a billion rests in friendlies but once you get good at it it's like 1-2 stocks a match against a lot of characters. Think of how much of an advantage that is, just doooo ittttt.

Yibo - Good games, more friendlies next time!

EWC - Yo, if you don't care whether you win or lose you play a billion times better, it's something I still suck at but it's good advice. Fun friendlies as always.

Flan - We need to play, I have so much trouble with the peach matchup and our few games helped me sooooooo much.

Jono - Just pick a good character, you're actually good at smash but Ness is terrible. Seriously, you're good, SERIOUSLY, pick a good character.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

Executor

Smash Apprentice
this isnt seen on the posts, but i did infact TAKE A GAME OFF OF COOLHAT IN POOLS with icies, it was new "smash achievement" next to taking a game off of you jack

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Coolhat - Once again, I'm so impressed by that Luigi of yours. Congrats on winning the tournament, and I'd really like to get the chance to sit down and play you for more than just a few matches sometime.

Michael Chen - You're too good man. Nice job taking second place. I feel like there's a lot I can learn from playing you. Let's play more, alright? Also, thanks for the pizza, it was delicious. =)

Justin - Didn't really play you at all except a single friendly, but nice job taking the game of Coolhat with Ice Climbers. xD I like your Doc and your Icys a lot, actually. You should stick with them. I want a bunch of friendlies with you some time.

David - I think you're one of the funniest guys I've ever met. xD Our friendlies and teams matches were totally awesome. Your Falco's getting a lot better too.

Dylan - You always have a ton of insight for me with the Ganon/Sheik matchup, and it helps a lot. I thought I almost had you a couple times too. We need to sit down and just do a ton of friendlies to get me better at the matchup.

Erik - I'm really sorry that pools didn't work out for you. I still really enjoyed the friendlies we had though. You've got a lot of talent, and I think we're a really good match for each other. More games!

Gold - Your Falco's gotten a lot better. I think you've got a lot of potential there. Thanks for having the first T.V. we picked up. We definitely need to play more in the future.

Yibo - I absolutely love the Falcon/Ganon matchup, and you've got a really good handle on Falcon. Keep on coming out and you'll improve a ton.

Flan - You've gotten a lot better since we last played. Awesome job beating me. I'd like to get a little more time in with that Peach of yours. Your playstyle totally messes with me. xD I'll make sure to treat your T.V. with care. =P

Jono - Kudos for playing a character nobody plays, and I think that if you really tried, you could probably improve a lot with Ness. It may also serve you really well to pick up another character though. Don't get too discouraged, you've got a lot of potential. Keep coming out and I guarantee you'll improve.

Top Bottom