• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MonsterVerse Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought since there was a thread on the MCU. I'd do one for the MonsterVerse as well especially for my fellow kaiju fan brethren Mamboo07 Mamboo07 DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Madame Lesley and many others.

Movies:

Godzilla (2014)
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Comics/Graphic Novels:

Godzilla: Awakening
Skull Island: The Birth of Kong
Godzilla: Aftershock
GvK: Godzilla Dominion
GvK: Kingdom Kong
Monsterverse: Titanthology

As the title shows. Discuss anything regarding the MonsterVerse.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’ve actually never read any of the comics I forgot they existed honestly

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Say, if you had to add 4 kaijus to Monsterverse, 2 new Titans and 2 Toho kaiju... who would they be?

I would go with:
New Titans
  1. Titanus Charybdis (Would have a whirlpool suction)
  2. Titanus Kaisai (Named after the Kasai Rex cryptid)
Toho Kaiju
  1. Anguirus (Could have a bitter rivalry but become friends over time with Godzilla)
  2. Zilla (smaller subspecies of Titanus Gojira)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Say, if you had to add 4 kaijus to Monsterverse, 2 new Titans and 2 Toho kaiju... who would they be?

I would go with:
New Titans
  1. Titanus Charybdis (Would have a whirlpool suction)
  2. Titanus Kaisai (Named after the Kasai Rex cryptid)
Toho Kaiju
  1. Anguirus (Could have a bitter rivalry but become friends over time with Godzilla)
  2. Zilla (smaller subspecies of Titanus Gojira)
New Titans:

Titanus Cronus/Kronos (Cronus/Kronos being King of the Titans in Greek Mythology. It fits and would be perfect and fitting as a main monster baddie for Godzilla to face. King of the Monsters vs. King of the Titans yo!)
Titanus Sobek (Lizzie in Rampage already shows a crocodile titan would be epic and awesome)

Toho Kaiju:

1. Destoroyah (With the Oxygen Destroyer being used in King of the Monsters. There's the opportunity to build up to him as the Big Bad as the MCU did with Thanos)
2. Desghidorah (Titan species related to King Ghidorah in the same vein as crocodiles and alligators are to each other)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR CALL!

For new Titans to work with, I personally think I have a few, if I may throw my hat into the ring:

New Titans:
Titanus Caoranach (A monster from Irish myth that is said to be not only the mother of many demons, but also the devil himself. Could probably have a cult dedicated to the monster for a more horror-based Monsterverse movie.)
Titanus Enkidu (A "bull-man" that clashed with King Gilgamesh in Mesopotamian myth, and eventually becoming a good friend. Imagine a minotaur but made giant in this case.)

Toho Kaiju:
Biollante (I even imagined a plotline for a movie: Erika Shiragami has Stage 4 cancer and takes a cure composed of a Hollow Earth flower called Rosa biollante and a few drops of Godzilla's blood, kickstarting a series of events that would lead to the birth of the actual kaiju)
Megalon (Big bug kaiju are really fun, and it would be nice to see more aliens after Ghidorah.)

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have a lot to say about the Monsterverse. So I'll just say that I'm very proud with how they have handled it so far. Sure I have some nitpicks here and there (Especially in regards to them throwing away human characters or putting them in the movies for no good reason), but I feel they did good with the structure.

Godzilla (2014) was a good film to start with, reintroducing Western audiences to the character again and making him more popular in America, while respecting the character and making him a badass like he should be. Kong Skull Island was a solid, unique take on the King Kong formula, introducing the character to a new universe while making a fun movie at the same time. Godzilla King of the Monsters was the first time us Western fans were able to see Rodan, Mothra, and KIng Ghidorah on the big screen, and was the opportunity to bring these characters to life with the amazing tech filmmakers have today. This film was a love letter to fans of the series, with returning kaiju, familiar music, and a lot of monster action. As for Godzilla vs Kong, it's a great film. A rematch that was 60 years in the making, and it paid off. Seeing Godzilla fight Kong with modern special effects was jaw-dropping. This film made me giddy and feel like a kid again. It's my 5th favorite Godzilla film.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to what they could be doing next. There is a lot of potential for both old and new monsters. And I'm praying we see Gamera in the Monsterverse so we can finally see him fight the Big G like we've been asking for decades.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I don't have any specific ideas for new titans, but it'd be cool if they made some more fur-covered ones since furred kaiju are rare. Something based on a whale would also be neat, and a little punny, what with Gojira meaning gorilla whale. Also haven't seen that many whale designs for kaiju, and a fight between it and Godzilla would be fun and interesting.

I think Destroyah and Mecha King Ghidorah are likely to show up should the Monsterverse continue. Destroyah's the obvious next big bad, and is even set up a little now, thanks to the Oxygen Destroyer. I could see Mecha King Ghidorah as either a big bad or perhaps something built to try and take on Destroyah. I'd also love to see what could be done with Anguirus, Gigan, Hedorah, and Biollante.

Top Bottom