• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Tri

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
New here? Check out the welcome teaser:
[yt]pVq-UK5nrQQ[/yt]
Basically, the levels consist of slaying or capturing a large monster/dragon/wyvern by any means available. They all have unique movesets, but even between two different monsters of the same species, they will behave differently (i.e. use different moves with varying frequency) and be smaller or larger. This frequently means that **** happens.

Conveniently, this game is wifi compatible, with very little lag issues. So while we may not be able to smash because we're 8 hours from each other, we can still play MH3 together <3

Being smashers, of course, we like to become as good at any video game as we can. So while we may play casually and for humor sometimes, we also frequently speed run levels in MH3. Below are a couple of our speed runs.
[collapse=Speed Runs]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNYTzS7diAw - Diablos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be9xj_6j63I - Rathalos and Barioth
If you're interested in more, check out ZeroUnderOne's youtube channel.
[/collapse]
If you'd like to play with us, we'd love to have you! The game is pretty easy to pick up, but it does have quite the learning curve. Post in this thread and let us know how to find you online!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old first post below here:
Who plays MH3 online?
I'd love to play with smashbros over randoms I'll never actually meet in person.
Oh and this game is awesome if you don't have it and like challenging RTSRPG type games you should definitely pick it up.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I played it and still have it actually.

I just lost my classic pro controller and I stopped playing over the summer.

I was HR 24 i think with some pretty cool Ratholos and rathion armor lol

exarch

doot doot doot
I'm at HR 10 currently (though I've beaten Ceadeus offline,) and can't get away from my Barroth armor because Marathon Runner is amazing, especially for hammers.

Looking to get some Barioth armor in the near future, as well as the obv increase HR.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I haven't played this game in a minute. If my internet stops being crappy I'll try and hop on sometime.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think I mentioned it on the Roy boards (not like you'd see me anyway since I don't live in the south, but I'll try to get back in on it when my laptop is up and working again (and I guess I buy a better TV).

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Reaaaaally useful program here for gathering spots/item drop %s ~~~> Clicky

HRNUT and GDX are like 3 levels from Alatreon. Ramone just finished Jhen Mohran =)

exarch

doot doot doot
Runs about $40 I think, but you need a classic controller (pro) with it basically, so it's a bit more than that.

Also is wyvern eggs the best event quest? It might be. Get online and farm money with me.

Current record for 1 run is 74,550z... not including quest rewards.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, another scrubchuck user?!

Nah just kidding, Nick and Ramone play with chuck too and they do fine... sort of...

Today is claw day so don't forget to buy from the trady lady/ boy. Thunderbugs for sale. Also, gonna need that wyvern claw to make clust shots for Alatreon =)

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Once every two weeks the online NPCs sell claws that are sometimes rewarded in quests. The most important is wyvern claw for making clust lvl2 shots. People usually just buy 999 to avoid farming.

They sell thunderbugs too so you can mass buy those and not worry about materials for making shock traps. =)

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Anyone feel like playing tonight? I need to get 8 more pinnacle coins to finish vulcannon and maybe do some more wyvern egg runs.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Just got to high rank on MH Freedom Unite :)

Where are you guys!? I haven't played with any friends in foreverrrrrrrrr Triii or adhoc party.

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
Dang those Gaan got destroyed, never realized how effective a status gunner is. I'll hopefully be on tomorrow, I had a lot of stuff to do today after band camp. If anyone wants to play with me i'm good with that.
Name:James
ID:heck if I know
HR:129ish

exarch

doot doot doot
Wow, impressive speed run. Why did the one guy use gs though? I'd think he would be opt for dps in that situation: ls or sa.

Still working on getting internet at my new place. But I'll be around when it happens. Syphtan's my brother so if you find one of us you'll eventually run into the other.

Jir and James: we need to get to work on a Barioth speed run. I'm sensing pitfall/flash gunner with 2 high dps weapons.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
DZD was my teammate vs AlpaI and Sedition. He was just messing around that time because I asked AlpaI and Sed to let me record their strategy. We lost every race we did against them haha. Here were the best strategies we could figure out.

Ura: Stat lock gunner and lancer(Gleam) aiming for the stomach weakspot
Diablos: Same as Ura
Barioth: Stat lock gunner and GS/Hammer on the head. Crush (P) wins slightly over Anguish (P)
Jho: Same as Ura with raged stomach

Still working on the rest of the monsters. Soooo down to speedrun them :)
I better farm some more scatterfish for LBB+

My speed stat gun set
My speed Lancer set

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
Well I know that for the Barioth speed run all you really need is enough pitfalls cause me and three lsers, Dancing Hellfire, did the double Barioth quest in sub 8 min so i imagine the stat gun would help that time but not by too much imo. And yes most of that time was spent finding the other one.

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
Okay this is really scaring me, I can't get online. Whenever I try to get on it goes to the select a server and all of them are blank and have a 0 next to them, and when I try to enter one it goes HR doesn't meet the requirement. I have never hacked my game, or cheated so I'm really confused????

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else on? I would be but the whole server is down for me. I have a troll character that I never use and I couldn't even get on with that. Any ideas?

exarch

doot doot doot
James, hit the edit button instead of triple posting next time >_>

Also currently at 17 offline rathalos without a plate. Cut tail, wounded head, and capped all of them. Picked up many shinys. 17 is the runs I can remember--I could be at more than that for all I know. I hate drop rates.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'll upload those runs as soon as I can. I tottttttally sabotaged everything in that last Agna run haha. Wakin', slappin', trippin', chargin', hatin'.

Nice set, impenetrable wall of pain right there. If only there was someway to get Sharpness +1! I've been trying to practice evade lancing on Tundra Jho. Pretty fun :)

Speedruns from Unity Hunts 8/13
Uragaan
Barioth
Diablos
Rathalos
Agnaktor

Top Bottom