• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Pretty much just a discussion thread for those of you who plan on getting the upcoming Monster Hunter for Wii U. Use this thread to discuss armor sets, weapons, friend codes, speed kills, or anything pertaining to the game.

Some brief info about the game for those of you who don't yet know about it...

Gameplay Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NpuzQKF8Fw

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a sequel/remake of Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii with an insane amount of extra content that was unavailable in its predecessor. It will be released for the 3DS and Wii U in the US on March 19, 2013, And in Europe just days later. It is an expansive action game with certain RPG elements in which you play the role of a hunter, and as the title implies, hunt monsters. You start out weak and get stronger by harvesting carves from the monsters you defeat to create stronger armors and weapons to utilize. Unlike a traditional RPG where you get stronger by gaining experience points, in this game you get stronger simply by making better equipment. While the game does feature an expansive offline mode, the game's major focus is the multiplayer feature.

The Wii U version is complete with online multiplayer, while the 3DS is limited to offline local multiplayer. Once online, you can meet up with friends or other random players to play more challenging versions of the quest you played offline, as well as far more quest that are not available offline. The armors and weapons you create online carry over to offline and visa versa. The content in this game is ridiculous, and I highly recommend trying it out. A demo will be available on the Wii U and 3DS Eshop on February 21st.

Happy Hunting

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You do realize there is a Monster Hunter thread already?

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Ok well whatever, that thread can be for mh in general, and this can be for mh3u friend code exchange etc.. no biggie

If anything its just gonna keep communication more organized.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Speaking of MH3G, I heard from a friend that a demo was coming on the 21st.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't think the demo would have multiplayer. Whatever demo japan got for it, I am pretty sure we'll be getting as well.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Expect to see no multiplayer on the demo, and the quest should be lagombi and plesioth, if anything like the Japanese demo.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Monster Hunter demo just went live. Kinda hating how the demo isn't Circle Pad Pro compatible.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I just am loving the fact that they brought back bows, dual swords, war horns, and gun lances back. I hated how they cut so many weapons from Tri.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Saw the trailer on the eShop and the game looks amazing, I'm downloading the demo to see if it's worth buying (I'm sure it will, the game looks great).

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Saw the trailer on the eShop and the game looks amazing, I'm downloading the demo to see if it's worth buying (I'm sure it will, the game looks great).
If you are new to the series and u think the demo seems complicated, thats because it is... don't let the hard controls or anything discourage you, its explained much better in the real game than the demo, the demo just throws u out into the wild XD

I hope you enjoy it, because i feel like if you like it, YOU WILL LOVE the main game.. but even if u don't like the demo, there is a big chance u will still like the main game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I noted some steep difficulty in the demo. That Easy level isn't so easy, but then again, I'm unused to the gameplay style, so it may be a cause for my difficulties. But, it still looks a potential buy. I'll try to play a little more to see if I can adapt to the gameplay itself.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Would get the hand held version, but just found out it doesn't take advantage of the online, so the Wii U version for me. (Now I just need to find my Gamepad charger, heh).

Found the underwater combat to be a little unpleasant to be honest. Haven't played these games before so I don't know if it is something one gets used to, but if not that is really unfortunate if I am to be timed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I went to the GFAQs boards and it seems that the Monster Hunter series is already known to be hard for beginners, so I think it's a matter of practicing.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The demo has a manual, it helps a lot. As for underwater, it is kinda hard due to to the crappy controls for the camera on the 3DS version. Reverse claw sucks so much. Thank god the final version is Circle Pad Pro enabled, otherwise I wouldn't bother with the game.

Also, if you touch the lower right part of the screen, you can set the camera to center around your main target when you tap L to center the camera.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I didn't like the demo. Also didn't like the Wii demo. They do a poor job with these demos. But I love MH. Looking forward to this one.

I agree that MH has a pretty high learning curve. People think they can just charge into the monsters carelessly, but that's not how you do it. You have to be patient and smart lol

Anyone have the Wii U or getting MHU on it? Add me. Would love to get a group going :D

My NNiD is: komicturtle

Same as my name here.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Can you play locally with one Wii U and two 3DS's, and if so, are there any restrictions to what you can do?
Or even better, can you play online with that setup?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Can you play locally with one Wii U and two 3DS's, and if so, are there any restrictions to what you can do?
Or even better, can you play online with that setup?
OK, so local play can support up to 3 3DS' and a Wii U. (Or 4 3DS', no Wii U.) 3DS can not go online with the help of the Wii U. Online is Wii U only. An update is coming in April that allows US players to play with EU players online. That same update will also allow you to play MH on the Wii U gamepad's screen.

Also, both versions of the game are the same thing, seeing as how 3G (3G is the name of 3 Ultimate in Japan,) was released on 3DS at first, and then later ported to Wii U in Japan, so either console is not missing out on anything, content wise. As a result of this, save data can be transferred between both versions, with the help of an app that will be available day 1 on the eshop. Also, downloadable bonus quests will be available day 1 as well for both versions.

In Japan, the Wii U has an app for 3G that allows 3DS players to use the Wii U to play online, but at the moment, that is a Japan only thing.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Anyone starting their hunts later today? Hit me up :D

(posted my Nintendo Network ID earlier, but it's komicturtle). Obviously going solo hunts for a bit before I hit up online, but if anyone want to join up, let me know.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Sadly I only have a 3DS, so I'm gonna be a loner until my friend gets his Wii u version of it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So, what does everyone think about MH3U? So far I am loving it more than Tri. Plus a random person noticed I was playing Monster Hunter today, which made my day.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Got the 3DS version with my two brothers, and my brother who has played Mh more than me was right, once you play Freedom unite, MH just isn't going to be AS hard. Still looking forward to the challenges later on, it has some of everybody's favorites, including Plesioth (Why would they put him in the demo, what the **** that's not going to make anyone want to buy the game) It's nice enough now though, I can't complain, gonna play without any wikia help this time (usually used it so I could figure out where to get things) to add a bit more to the challenge.

Which I suggest to any newcomers, the wikia is your best friend.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
And if you preordered from GameStop, they give you an online guide for free! (I seriously had no idea there was even a pre-order bonus for this game.). But I ****ing hate qurapeco right now. I was able to beat him, but my attacks kept on bouncing off his wings way too much. Need to upgrade my gear a bit more. -_- Damn you machelite ore, and your pathetic drop rate!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm loving this game (a bit more than the original). I must say, that it's disappointing that the Wii U version is just an upscaled 3DS game. In the character creation, the textures of the character's face look HORRIBLE, as if it was from some N64 game. I mean, I'm not a "visual" or graphics snob, but damn.. They could have tried to put some effort in making the game look better than what it is (it's sad when the Wii version had better waters than the Wii U's lol).

Otherwise, having fun. Also have the 3DS version so if I'm away from my Wii U, I'll just transfer and go solo on my 3DS.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Also, just a quick note that data transfer is not working just yet. You gotta wait for the app on the 3DS shop to become available. Good thing Nintendo updates their shop every Thurs.

Even though Capcom could have done much better for the HD version, that version has online, something that the original version never had. But I am happy to see Capcom try to encourage as much co-op as possible with the hunter scanner.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Hey , if anyone wants to add me on mh3u, just hit me up on skype (geordie.goodin) or PM me

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I finished my HR 7 urgent last night, went to HR 62 lawl

I had to kill Alatreon before G Rank so that's my achievement in this game; finishing every village quest in HR armor. :3

finalark

SNORLAX
On the topic of MH I can't honestly say that I have much experience with the franchise outside of Freedom Unite on PSP.

However, when I eventually get a Wii U the first game I want to get is MH3U. Hopefully this thread will be somewhat active when I eventually get around to that.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
wow that is a huge HR jump, if everyone wants to give me their wii u ID, I can add to the OP

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
this is my first MH game and gotta say that it is pretty good.
only HR 3 but then again got it not even two weeks ago and had to learn everything. Like hell I just learned today what the skills actually mean (sure I had a basic understanding but nothing in depth)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
this is my first MH game and gotta say that it is pretty good.
only HR 3 but then again got it not even two weeks ago and had to learn everything. Like hell I just learned today what the skills actually mean (sure I had a basic understanding but nothing in depth)
Yes, MH has a pretty steep learning curve. But once you understand it, you're golden.

Anyhow, anyone want to help me farm some Baggi? I want to get the full armor set... As well as Plesioth. PM me :)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
This is why it sucks to have a 3DS only and not a Wii U. Can't play online.

Top Bottom