• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Momentum reverse with forward sideB?!

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I was just in training mode, trying to practice the reverse Paralyzer thing (like when you run, jump, and then immediately turn around when charging neutral B). I was trying to see if I could maybe do it with some use of the D-pad.(I don't have a GC controller so I have to make do with WiiMote+Nunchuck; I have the d-pad set up as a poor man's c-stick). And so I ran, jumped, and while still holding the analog stick forward, pressed backwards on the D-pad and then immediately pressed B. And that resulted in me throwing out a SideB forward, without turning around... except with the backwards momentum reverse like with the reverse paralyzer!! I was able to reproduce it a bunch of times, although I couldn't figure it out completely; it would still sometimes go forward or do upB (using d-pad for c-stick is kinda messed up), but with practice I could probably figure it out.

This is probably already known, but I've never seen/heard of it before. Has anyone else heard of it before?? And also could someone try seeing if you can do it with the GC controller? Thanks! And sorry for the uber long post. I'm kinda freaked out.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This has been a technique since Brawl. You can do the same with neutral special if you're delicate with the control stick, but it's harder since you have to reneutral for 1 frame to keep optimum momentum.

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I also found out from fow that this is called a double pivot. Just an interesting thing to know. :p

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
you could do the double pivot with paralyzer as well, pretty useful move to learn actually.

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
I discovered yesterday that this is also (actually?) called a wavebounce. Or "wavebounce" could just be referring to reversing aerial momentum at all... In any case, here's a thread about it and other similar techs: smashboards.com/threads/turnaround-bs-b-reverses-and-wavebounces-know-the-difference.334389/

Last edited:
Top Bottom