• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Momentum Reversal

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
This is a rookie's "omg I found an AT" thread so don't get your hopes up. I checked the guides and stickies but couldn't find anything on this and it looked pretty helpful.

It's rather simple so I guess it's some universally known AT that I didn't know of. I can provide video/pic proof from my camera but I want to make sure it's something before that.

What happened: I was practicing ZSS' reversals in training mode on 1/4 speed and used a reversed Plasma Whip while jumping at the CPU. Only I reversed twice and instead of flying forward while aiming the whip backwards, I ended up flying backwards with the whip aiming forward. When I input the double reversal ZSS looked really weird, reversing the direction she was facing twice in quick succession. I'm not sure if this works with other specials and whether this is actually humanly possible at normal speed, but it seemed rather good for mindgames as the animation looks like a normal forward Plasma Whip up until the point you suddenly fly backwards with the same speed you were flying forward.

Top Bottom