• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
no

it's absolutely ineffective

then again if you read beforehand the lectures themselves become very useful

MacD

Banned via Administration
3 1-hour is much more effective, i have a hard time paying attention for 3 hours and normally start to fall asleep, we do get a break in the middle but still, and the one time i said the whole time we got out like 30-40 min early

but with econ, i feel like most of it is common since/easy to learn, so i picked up on it quick as opposed to a class were i have to study lots to remember all the points so having it all one night isn't too bad, kinda like math, my brain sees a few examples and when i look at the hw/book examples it clicks

it's hard to say though if i had a 3 hour math class i would feel the same, so idk

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
tmw im finally giving kenny what he wants
gonna gimme some booty?
my phone is broken so i cant contact richard. i dont know his number so yeah.

if anybody needs to contact me, just post in this thread or hit me up on myspace
EDIT: i just read that richard's not coming.
jr, tell john.jpeg you'll give him gas money if he drives.
if need be, i'll ride with you guys and give him gas money too.
i just really want you guys to go.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gonna gimme some booty?
no but we can MM if u want

seriouslies all dai is fine too

you've hyped yourself up for me and i want to see how much you've improved

i know you and many ppl on these boards troll me for being inactive

but if anyone knows that i'm consistent even if i don't play, it's you

and no one believes me but brawl drastically improves my reactions and spacing lol (kinda hurts my approach game too but usually a few games with fox/falco fix that)

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Stick it to him, Kenny!
. . . and good luck chok =)

Someone needs to go on aim so we can discuss whats going on tmw if I am driving, which it seems that i am

no but we can MM if u want

and no one believes me but brawl drastically improves my reactions and spacing lol (kinda hurts my approach game too but usually a few games with fox/falco fix that)
Too true. Those jab frame advantage situations appear too often in brawl and since there's no l-cancel in brawl that's the closest to shield pressure you can get. Brawl is all about spacing as well.

It should hurt your approach game if you're playing brawl correctly (not approaching at all) though. ;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yea even as a sheik main i dont approach

space aerials and needles till they come near, then dash attack/grab/ftilt when they are close

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Hey jr. Msg me back with whether vincent is going with us or not. It is up to you, but I would prefer to know sooner than later.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
kenny. uhm. call jpegs phone asap. hes on the way to my house right now so if you wanna get picked up for the tournament, then call us before the night ends (jpegs phone not mine)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha kenny lemme kno who ur getting a ride with

nick: come in the morning. 9 preferably, at least before 10

I am hyped up for this. Sorry if I show up too early Andre (might end up there at 8). My mom's going somewhere and won't be back until after 10 so I have to get there early. Better to be early than late I guess.

Good luck everyone!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alright man just call my cell in the morning before u go so that i can wake up

make sure im awake, i dont want u to get stuck at the door

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
getting stuck at the door of choknater's house...
we've all been there. hahaha

everyone who posts in this thread better do better at merced than those who don't so it won't go so crappy and we can go home happy. maybe some with a few extra bucks in our wallet. most likely jr, that's the way ima call it. that's my prediction but **** is my infliction. i'll be tappin' dat *** schoolin' y'all after class and anyone i beat is gettin' put on blast. "oh you lost to lumpy? you must be trash." now someone bump this thread so my post won't be the last.

edit: i'm a poet first try, *****es ^^^^

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm the only one awake at jr's. haha
tell your brother i said good luck.
i learned how to dair from watching him.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i learned how to dare from the man in the home for infinite losers

break through the dream

the clannad vn is cool guys

The tournament was pretty nice, but the brackets were not legit. Modesto playing Modesto right at the start was lame.

"The skill level in brawl caps" That guy sure lost $10 dollars for saying that. Choknater and Suuwo teaming up for bawrl

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
i thought they won that money match? Unless you ***** them it does cap since they havent played that game for so long

Choknater and I won the money match. The skill level in brawl doesn't cap like he said. They can't john about "not playing for so long" when both of us haven't really entered a brawl tournament or played brawl since early summer.

Melee is a lot more difficult to get so good at since people have been playing that for a long time.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
brawl skill=safe play, punish rather than act first

offer no resistance until they've overextended themselves

zen brawl

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
sheik is different

you have to use the fact that she can approach to do it right

most characters are predictable, but sheik has enough options for your opponent to not be sure what you'll do

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
peach, meta, snake, wario, lucas, ness, yoshi, marth................

uhh

a lot of characters can approach lol

who cares if the approaches are predictable, as long as they are safe

Spenser's actually right on the whole punishing > approaching thing. All those characters do better playing defensively by not really approaching. Meta Knight especially since he has "infinite" priority, fast attacks, and long range. I can also include that shuttle loop shuts down A LOT of characters' approaches.

Unless you play perfect, there's more rewards in not approaching but you have to approach in some match-ups or you lose to projectiles that's why snake is so good.

edit tl;dr: don't bother with brawl no one plays it in norcal

Top Bottom