• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
because he'd steal Modesto's money? ahaha

honestly, if he does go, it'll be a guaranteed win for him. but considering xilopryce doesn't pay entrance fee (corruption!!!) and turnout will be small, i doubt his winnings would even pay for gas money.

maybe kim could beat him in a peach ditto... but that's doubtful lol.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
ima go

my mom doesnt have enough gas money for the college so change of plans

but honestly i'd rather go to college orientation(no offense xilo) just because i never been to one
plus i wanna see how their programs and stuff work

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea college is important! brandon good luck with everything

i'm at college right now lol... spamming.... on smashboards...

if u go to the tournament tho, i hope u win ^___^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
johns... in the end it is all johns...

meaning: if you were good at smash, you could win some tournies or at least even team tournies or money matches. then you could keep that money and have it accumulate with job money and then make better money making/saving decisions all the while becoming good at smash! it is all johns baby. what is 7$ to a good smasher? they don't let you play games at boomers or laser quest for free. smash is no different, especially with prizes on the line. if you won a tourny without paying any entrance, how fair is that? being the tournament host for a local tourny means nothing more than securing venue; you should still pay entry!

johns sonz!

please, take no offense from my honest rant.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehe xilo you need to have a little more confidence... and try (aka using marth) in our friendlies.

it made me sad when you used characters you don't use :'C

i wanna help you and give you advice and stuff when we play but the frustration in your face makes me reluctant to speak up sometimes >_< but you were sick that time so it's all good.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
don't get frustrated, everyone is easy for me except brandon.

jamie is good and kim are getting much better, but they are not hard for me to beat, or even 3/4 stock at times.

if you want other chars i recommend you learn how to play fox

1. EVERYONE plays fox. EVERYONE. no exceptions.
2. you will get good tech skill
3. fox is the best character, why not use him?

aite im going to class... i got like 40 posts today lol.

Zoap

Smash Master
don't get frustrated, everyone is easy for me except brandon. in modesto
fixed for the truth.

its either this or sfsu as i dont want to drive all the way up to sac. 79 miles one way. yet at the same time modesto is 62. Sfsu costs me 11.25 round trip time for crunching.

$36 round trip to sac- where i get $50 if i win
$29 round trip to modesto- no idea what id win, if i even beat brandon
$11.25 round trip to SF- I wont win, Baysians are going plus a BTZO but is the cheapest outta the three plus experience.

this is what i have to work with

Zoap

Smash Master
dbl post. to get good at tech skill pick up a low tier. Snap couldnt L-cancel, space, wavedash etc for the longest time till he picked up gw and had no choice. Also by picking up low tiers, it allows you to see more openings and be more cautious. If you just go straight to Fox without learning to space or look for openings you'll get killed regardless of tech skill

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
well, if you're going to come, that's more incentive for other people to come, and that's something we could use. plus if other people go with you, they can provide gas money and more entries

I've picked up luigi as a second main, but I suppose he's not low teir. I've been trying to work with one of the links, but I don't know which one

also, I have smash 64 online now, that's cool

Miztik

Smash Master
im poor does that mean i dont have to pay lol

and man i say one thing that was read the wrong way and a whole bunch of bad things are said i freakin own

Zoap you shut up and show up lol jk but that will be cool if you can make it\

and whats all this talk of juzz (no offense) and all them winning im gunna win god D@MNIT LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Miztik

Smash Master
haha yea hopefully the smash gods give me the power to win lol

BTW im going to need a teammate for this anyone interested

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
im gonna try and get a couple of other ppl to come but most liely yes

Miztik

Smash Master
i dont think so but if you can you should try to bring a T.V or gamecube if you do it will be greatly appreciated

btw guys ill bring my cube just in case it is needed

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
So what's the turnout looking like? Should I come? Seems like I'm favored to win for some reason...?

Edit: Oh **** 100 posts

MacD

Banned via Administration
So what's the turnout looking like? Should I come? Seems like I'm favored to win for some reason...?

you should cime cause i wanna play you, and you could win ;)

i think we should get a list of modesto/people who want to go in the area so we can figure out what to do about rides, should just like xilo drive or are there enough of us so that we'll both need to drive

Miztik

Smash Master

the turnout is lookin pretty decent i think you should go also i dont kno if you would want to but if you dont have a partner would you want to team if not thats cool but if so let me kno lol

jmic

Smash Ace
It'll be an amazing grand finals between Mexi and Juzz.

First stage, Pokemon Stadium, really really close match. Mexi finishes with Uthrow Knee.

Juzz will couterpick Yoshi's story after losing the first match, then when Mexi gets gayed, he'll counterpick Poke Floats, where Juzz will pick Fox.

Mexi will get an epic knee on Wobbuffet for the win.

Juzz will conterpick Fountain, where at the end a platform messes up Mexi's Knee combo, and then Juzz get's a tip for the win.

Final match, Mexi picks Rainbow Cruise and then Juzz picks Fox. They both will SD once in the match, mistiming appearing platforms. The game will end on the boat, Mexi gets a random knee and edguards the right side of the boat with Utilt.

Amazing right?

Although Mexi might ban FoD, and Juzz might ban Poke Floats, so my prediction will be ****ed up.

In that case:

Match 1: Pokemon Stadium, Mexi wins.
Match 2: Yoshi's Story, Juzz wins.
Match 3: Final Destination, Mexi wins.
Match 4. Battlefield, Juzz wins.
Match 5. Rainbow Cruise, Mexi.

Haha. Speculation ftw.

Miztik

Smash Master
thats pretty good except for the fact brandon will be there

and there is a possibility of Zoap, and Luninspectra so idk those would be some good finals tho

so no offense to either of them that probally wont be the finals but then again you never kno there could be a huge upset some time at this tourney....i just get this feeling the unexpected is gunna happen idky but yea

Top Bottom