• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto CA SSBM Tournament #6 - 8/28/11

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
@Kenny: Nope. We need to hang out again and figure that **** out lol

@alexkim: It's not a big deal if you don't bring a cube, just try to bring a controller. hope to see you there

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
haha yeah i know. I haven't been feeling that great recently, but maybe on wednesday or something i'll head over

Blazing Arrow

Smash Rookie
hey anyone in merced down to practice for this tourney?????
nd i got 3 spots in my car if someone in merced needs a ride????

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
I'm down to help you practice but going to the tourney is questionable since i have a midterm the next day for summer school HOORAY for summer school

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
For the record the venue hours suck. It closes at 7pm. So... (and this is assuming you're from merced) you should be back in merced by 8:30 at the latest. But yeah, if you've got a midterm the next day it's totally understandable if you can't make it

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
merced and modesto are like two peas in an iPod.

they're like 40 minutes away, tops.

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
I dont mind the time it takes to get there. Its just a matter of whether i study enough beforehand or not :p

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
Great Tournament GKInfinity it was worth the hours of not studying but now I will study till i die for tomorrow's midterm

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
imo

neutrals
FD
DL64
BF

counters
YS
FoD
PS
KJ64

both players strike 1 neutral, winner bans 1 stage and loser takes their pick.
i like this a lot. (i omitted rainbow cruise from the list. lol)
we should try this next time.

also update title? july18th?

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i dont like yoshis not being a neutral. but thats my biased opinion after starting to main marth and having adjusted to it being a good stage for him.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
yeah that stagelist looks pretty good to me tho. Yoshi's does seem like it should be a CP stage to me...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
don't think of it as neutrals and counter picks.

just think of it as the first match will be on battlefield, FD, or dreamland.

considering stage striking, if you're a fox vs a marth, the fox will say no FD, the marth will basically pick teh stage. lol
you don't need yoshi's to be another option. i think it's pretty fair.

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
man the third tourney date is posted already and what i find funny is that i have another exam the next day for the same class like the last one. Chances of me going are mostly 90% though since I did well on the past one. but the true question is... will DOTA be giving a ride?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
D-D-D-D-D-DOTA

who's facepalm? is that GKL?
i wanted to play you at least a few friendlies.
after a tournament, it always feels like i didn't play the people i wanted to.

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
Hey GkInfinity i was wondering where'd you get the software for the dazzle. Because i tried to dl it off the site but it didnt work prob cause im using Windows 7 but yeah if i can magically get that software I might be able to bring an additional recording station next tourney if you know what i mean. ^_^ Needs footage for the UCM combo video

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i can't speak for GKbuddy, but i just connected the dazzle and opened windows movie maker and it worked.

i don't know much about computers, but i didn't have to look for any software.

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
I see that helps out a lot and saves me time googling THX! now i just gotta find the generic windows 7 movie maker

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hey GkInfinity i was wondering where'd you get the software for the dazzle. Because i tried to dl it off the site but it didnt work prob cause im using Windows 7 but yeah if i can magically get that software I might be able to bring an additional recording station next tourney if you know what i mean. ^_^ Needs footage for the UCM combo video
Sorry I haven't been around to answer this earlier (i've been at AX 2010 the last few days). I use the software that comes with the dazzle though-- pinnacle studio. You can buy it separately if you want it. Idk, there may be some other way to get it online that doesn't involve you spending any money... ^_ -

I actually had 3 recording setups last time though which is plenty. The first tournament we barely used the main recording setup at all, so I didn't really even mention the other ones last time. I wish our matches were recorded though. Next time we'll be sure to capture our sets

speaking of recording, i uploaded Jungle Love ep.2.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Lumpycpu
Nice you see you uploading vids again! ****, there was some good stuff in those 4 vids you posted

In other news, I'll be uploading the rest of the matches I have now that I'm back from vacation

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
dang guess i gotta hope for the windows movie maker to work than. Either way i cant test it out cause we got the wrong AV splitters for the dazzle and gotta return and get the right ones :p Cant wait for the upcoming tourney btw

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
GOOOOOD we are gonna get in some friendlies. (so i can learn to play against climbers lol)

Top Bottom