• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Mobile* Alabama Biweeklies

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea sorry i will start planning more ahead in time i just didnt have the time to plan it perfectly.... sorry :( but i tryed

lol i puked finally when i got home put now i feel better lol

ragnarock

Smash Lord
well I'm glad you have gotten better because you were looking like a zombie the hole trip. But the trip went pretty good execpt for that 1 rotten apple out of the bunch and you know who I'm talking about. but other than that It was great.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
hey rag they cant change the tournament dates for INN5 :( there is another booking on that sunday at the hotel sooo lame and also they said alot of people were going to miss cause church and stuff soooo i guess you will have to take 2 sick day... thursday and friday but we will be back saturday night soo thats cool right?

james what up man how u been?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Which means I'd also have to leave Tampa on wednesday, so I could catch a ride with you guys on thursday. :ohwell:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey Drumma Boi, that sucks that you can't make it to the next biweekly, because you manage my biweeklys and I don't know how to do the bracket thing.

Ram: do you know how to the Brackets?

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The Biweekly wasn't a good turnout, but we still had fun. We had a loe tier tourney.

1st: Rag
2nd Mr.p
3rd J.Ru
4th LKP1
5th Crow

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
hey guys sorry i couldnt make it to this one i had these plans with my girl for months so i couldnt cancel.... coincidentally i was in mobile anyways (small world) well i hope u guys can make it down to fort walton to tbs comics this coming up weekend for our biweekly itll be pretty fun. once again sorry i missed out on the fun.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
It's alright Drumma Boi, Shin Marth is going to the Tourney to, but I'm driving(the only one) so my car will be pretty packed, but its cool. See ya, this Saturday.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Just Mr.p, ME and LKP! and Shin Marth, I'm going to try to get J. Ru to come if he doesn't have to work that is.

p.s I dropped my cell phone in some water, don't ask me how it happened, but anyways, so can you and Drumma Boi PM me your cell numbers again. I'll appreciate that.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
mine is 850 699 0669 lol do u have the same number? also u can stick ure phone in a refrigerator (sounds wierd yes) but it steals the water and moisture cause thats how u get things cold. then u can prolly turn the phone on again i did it to my old phone i dropped in a bowl of milk. taking physics classes is col cause i get to learn wierd things like fridges suck out moisture lol anyways yea cant wait for saturday. peace

RAM

Smash Lord
no need to kill another young thread lol. Saturday will be fun on a bun. but when I got wasted and my phone was in the washer I just recharged my phone and everything worked good as new. 850-313-1903

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I bet you dropped it in the toilet huh Rag? ;)

...I did once. It was fine once it dried out.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
well my cell is working again, it had to dry i guess. But my phone is off due to a none paid bill. So Drumma Boi I'll call you when I'm on my way tommorow on Shin Marth's or LKP1's cell phone, I'll bring my cube and T.V just in case you need it.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I Might have to Cancel the biweekly( to any body who wanted to come)due to a LOCK IN Fort Walton I wanted to attend, but depending on how many people who want to come, if at least 6 come I will still have it, so anybody who whats to come please tell me (by posting) ahead of time, it will be greatly appricated.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I've been playing smash for about 6 months and learned alot in that small amount of time and seen all types of playing styles, but in the end they all come to these few playinbg styles in my opion I like to call this :

THE THOUGHTS of an EXILE

Berserker : this person is highly aggressive and can quickly overcome you and there combos might not be flashly, but they get to the point and that point is to kill you and they do it well, they tech chase and tech punish the h*ll out of you, once you fall you might not be able to rebound. But these players fall victim to mind games and sometimes the obvious ones, but they are trying to get rid of you so fast they get caught in them, they get easily frustrated by the smallest mistake they make, it pisses them off and there anger blinds them. They don't last long in matches 3 minutes and 4 minutes tops they over exert themselves in the beginning and start to wear down in the end and get punished.

Camper : These players are patient and won't be bothered by whatever you do, dash dance, wavedance, whatever. Time is always on there side and always against you. They let you come to them and punish you when you mess up and they are fairly good any mind games and pretty good at running away. And when you chasing them down trying to stop them from running away, you might get punish by not reading between the lines of the situation.And they very long in battle 6 to 7 minuts, sometimes the entire 8 minutes. But these playes can't really handle pressure and are claustrophopic, they need space. And if you invade there home which is there space and if they can't do anything about they start to panic and if they can't run they get punished (Final Destination). These playes are probably not liked because of the motives they use to win, but are repected because they get the job done.

Scholar : These are smart players, they think fast and have very good mind games. They conentrate on how to get you to mess up and punish you for it.They think before they punch and they are hard to frustrate. They can handle most stuation well and most of a time have a plan. They can't really out play you but thats when there witz kick in especially after they find that factor out. But they try so hard of trying to out smart you that they forget how to kill, and they might focus on you instead of themselves and make mistakes. And they get nervous when they can't figure out a plan they can't truly fight back sometimes to they sometime might just give up, but not likely.

Adapter : These players concentrate on you not hardly themselve at all and have good memory. They watch your move and patterns. They might start of weak, but then come strong. They have no true playing style they just go with the flow. But when you lose to them the first time, you might have a second chance. But they fall victim to themselves, they are they own worst enemy. They lose sight of the match and they are concentrating on you so much that they lose sight of themselves and make mistakes. And you can adapt to them and thay have to aptapt for that when there weak weakness truley come in. There trying chance so much that you can see that and then punish them.

I'm not saying at all that one is better than the other and all of them have they high and low points. Neither is broken in any shape, form or fashion. And I'm going by experiences of what I've seen and how I feel about the game.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
hmmm... I'd classify the Panhandle Manhandlers as:

• Berserker: Boomstick & Rook
  • Camper: Drumma_Boi
  • Scholar: Mankosuki & Rice
  • Adapter: Fumin & RAM

nice post. :)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
...... well thats a nice perception u have joe but since samus is a projectile spamming charecter.......... well nm u lost get over it........

i think for our crew it goes

scholar: manko (even tho u think i dont know anything about the game and make snide comments anytime u disagree with something i say)

camper: drumma (and will always beat manko with this cause he complains like a ***** in almost all his posts that have to do with me)

adapter: ram + fumin (fumin more of a predictor tho)

berserker: boom

prodigy: rice

..........im not really sure where to put rook prolly under camper nowadays

also when i play scholarly when im not waiting for a huge opening in someones game to show up to exploit.... mostly while waiting on a scholarly opportunity i camp tho ;)

also love u joe :) but try not to sound like such a pompous *** when discussing your friends in a public thread they will read and take stabs at them everytime u can because u lostsome stupid game because it doesnt make for good house keping if u know what i mean. thanks for all the love anyways bro kinda hurts... o well.....

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I don't see how I was an *** in my post... You seem to get pretty defensive on the boards alot, always confronting AL for no reason and such. I was just placing people where they seemed to fit in my mind. Though I was having a hard time deciding where to put RAM. He's kind of got his own thing going on.

Anyway, new vids are online: [thread=98312]North Florida vs. South Alabama[/thread]

SuicideDolls

Smash Journeyman
Good post Rag, I like it alot.

I agree with Manko although the Rook and Ram part could change. Ram seems to have a combination of scholar and adapter, and well rook, lol should have his own catagory: I love to get pwned and come in last place.JK =), I'm not so sure about rook's placement though. He should try some of these out for fun.

But John, you and Joe go at it sometimes and most of the time it's really you going on the offense at him, at what he said. Trust me I don't know all the things you fight over but I do know what you are talking about (that match were manko lost to your fox while you were camping and his ganon lost,) but you are a camper. Just because he said it dosen't mean you should take it offense, you shuld look at the facts and realize what you are. And stop fighting on our boards or I'll disqualify you from it. Sound familiar, LOL <3 Mr.P

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
ehh yea i see what u r saying but he makes alot of snide comments ingeneral.... usually most of them while smashing is taking place..... im not the only one who thinks so either. well w/e but i usually read the boards thinking of that person in mind and how they usually make comments. i guess ill just read everything as nice from now on.

well sorry about being offensive on the boards especially in someone else's thread. maybe ill just camp on the boards as well ;)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
dude, I'm like the most laid back guy ever. :)

Even when there's stuff we don't agree on, I ussually don't argue it and just say "alright John" and drop it rather than get into some heated debate. I guess you think I'm cocky or something? Though I don't recall doing anything to warrent that. I just want to have fun when I'm with you guys. If I cared so much about winning I'd play top-tiers instead of Samus & going random in friendlies.

I put the corneria thing behind me. It was pretty gay, but that stuff happens in tourneys. It just surprised me that you actually did it on such a small scale tourney where the payout didn't even matter. I'd rather face you in a normal match like we do friendlies instead of playing cat & mouse. :ohwell: If it was at a tourney like Get Commited or something and you knocked me out doing that I'd have been more mad, but since it was there I didn't care that much.

Anyway, lets just have fun when we face one another. We shouldn't be trying to go cut-throat on friends. When Name Cancelled faces eachother in tourneys, they tend to go low-tier cause they don't care which of them advances. Maybe we should do that sort of thing.

So I wasn't trying to start stuff by labeling you as the camper. That's just your play style, and it works for you. I'd probably do it more if missiles weren't so easily breakable. But close quarters works for me, so that's my play style.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
ll that is kinda the point lol it was just a small tourney and it was fun to try it out on u and i thought u would appreciate it more since u were the first person i have ever really tryed it on.... but w/e

about the comments or w/e yea u just brush everything off or act rude about it. i would much rather talk about it and figure it out than me being blown off and scoffed at...... but w/e thats ure depate style and it works for u so ill let u have it.

im pretty laid back as well most of the time until someone tries to take a stab or something at me then ill be quick to defend myself tho.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I dunno, you seem more hostile than laid back to me.

About debates though, I guess we'll just discuss them further next time. But like the last time I was over there you said something like "I watch the videos, I know what I'm talking about!". You should know that vids aren't are reliable source for making conclusions. People mess up, DI badly, and stuff works that really shouldn't if the opponent avoids it correctly. I mean look at combo videos, the majority of them isn't so much showing off how good the player is, but how bad the opponents are.

I do like talking strategy though. Me and Rice do it all the time over AIM. Hit me up sometime if you want, I never see you online much anymore. I gotta get to work pretty soon though, so we'll continue there. ^_^

rice

Smash Journeyman
so can someone tell me what a camper is? do they run away never aproach unless u make a mistake? b.c id like to know how I camp since john is going to be a douche to Manko and call me a camper atleast back up your claim since ur takign shots at me to

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I agree with you boomstick about the approaching part and white machadamu or w/e how you spell it, are real good too maybe mid tier, but they give peanut butter cookies a bad match up. lol

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
no chris i wasnt taking a shot at u. im sorry about that if it sounded like that but u dont really fit into any other catagory. i guess u would be the same way as me with the runner style..... although u do switch back and forth between that and adaptive.... but all shieks are adaptive in my mind.

id rather be called a runner than a camper camper sounds like u dont move and stand there and spam fsmash with marth or turnips with peach or falco lasers not moving on FD.

GRRR DWARF WARRIOR ANGRY >_<

ME WANT COOKIES!!! CHOCOLATE CHIP PERFERRED!!!!!

sorry joe ill shut up....... im sorry i suck at life :(......... seeing the world from the ground up is hard sometimes but that is the life doomed to live by a dwarven warrior...... love u tho

so lets see the final depate conclusion

boom: berserker
drumma: camper
ram: adaptive
rice: adaptive
fumin: adaptive
manko: scholar
rook: undecied :)

Top Bottom