• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moar vids, give me advice.

Browny

Smash Hater
you really need to punish dedede's recovery with a b-air instead of trying to shield it and fsmash, and if dedede starts the fsmash instead of again shieling it, just roll behind him. its more than quick enough to punish dededes own fsmash with one of yours from behind.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
What dj said... The first FOUR TIMES I saw you fail to punish that up-b before the first stock loss I was thinking, "oh my god what is he doing..."

And that dair->edge grab thing is REALLY dangerous if you're enemy is sitting right there on the stage. You were lucky he didn't think/know to instant edge-hog but if he did your as$ would have been in a LOT of trouble.

Also, be more aggressive off the edge and learn when to use certain gimp moves. Sometimes I saw you go for a fair and DDD would be too far above you for it to land, and I seriously had to question why you didn't at least try for a uair instead. Also, dair is a fairly easy gimp move to use on DDD cuz he's all fat and slow-- so, try that out so more especially when you manage to knock him really far away from the stage as you did a few times.

Boxob

Smash Champion
The main reason I almost never follow him off the edge is because I'm pretty sure he's invincible during his UpB. Isn't he? I don't fight any DDD's regularly.

@twink: With the whole instant edge thing. I know what I was doing with that one, I actually anticipate people doing that, that way, I fall down a bit, UpB Bair. It stage spikes. And when they don't grab the edge, well I just get back on stage.

Browny

Smash Hater
dedede has SAF durng his ascent and descent, but not at the peak. if you space yourself perfectly (admittedly quite hard) you can use the spring to intercept him at the peak and b-air, n-air, u-air whatever

Tenki

Smash Hero
o_O;

Well, U-air can actually outprioritize the Dedede's up-B (well, at least, it works for Bowser and Yoshi's down-B's, so I don't see why it wouldn't for D3) if you space it right. There's a little "aura"/extension beyond the graphic for when his feet snap together at the end.

Another thing that you can do (more recently) is use a grounded spring's invincibility/dodge frames and set it up so D3 goes through you and onto the spring, so it sets up for another aerial assault/juggle/finish.

In case anyone's like "wtf would you use grounded spring vs that?", Sonic's invincible from the point he jumps off the spring to about spindash jump height, if that helps with your timing/spacing at all.

if anything, I think you should hold off your kill moves (looks like you use dsmash more as a damager, so maybe b-air and fsmash?) until he's at a higher %, or at least space it out (Stale move counts 9..? not too sure) so you have max, or near max knockback with your finishing moves.

PS lol@ how the titles say (Sonic) 2, (Sonic) 3 at the end xD

ZeroSonic

Smash Rookie
Nice job, your Sonic is pretty good. I noticed your very good at controlling the tempo of the fight, your style is pretty aggresive...which thats a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because the entire fight you can do whatever you want to do pretty much, but it's bad because I don't know how good you'd do if someone is pressuring you and your forced to play defensively. You need to mix it up alittle, I seen NO mind games at all. No shield-canceled spindashes, no charging up and jumping and using different attacks out of that, there was none of that type of stuff, which in the end I think thats why SonicLucario was able to beat you because I think he began predicting what you were going to do. WAY too many smashes and not enough tilts or grabs, you used up-tilt alittle but you used barely any forward tilts and no down-tilts at all (and down-tilt is an awesome move because it opens up a few options for combos.) Don't take anything I say offensively because I'm just giving you some constructive critisim and I think if you implement a few new things you'll become better.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Tenki, Bowser and Yoshi don't have SA frames during their down-bs though do they? I'm fairly sure when I played around with both of them when I first got the game there were times when I was hit out of those by normal attacks.

But anyways, DDD was too far to use his up-b in a couple instances so I don't see why you wouldn't have gone for a dair or something.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tenki, Bowser and Yoshi don't have SA frames during their down-bs though do they? I'm fairly sure when I played around with both of them when I first got the game there were times when I was hit out of those by normal attacks.

But anyways, DDD was too far to use his up-b in a couple instances so I don't see why you wouldn't have gone for a dair or something.
I don't think they have SAF on down-B's. Dedede's SAF is on his way up, but like Bowser and Yoshi, he can be hit out of it on his way down, so I'm sure he can be treated the same way.

The first vid, he just happened to be a bit too high/too far away to be hit the first time.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Nice job, your Sonic is pretty good. I noticed your very good at controlling the tempo of the fight, your style is pretty aggresive...which thats a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because the entire fight you can do whatever you want to do pretty much, but it's bad because I don't know how good you'd do if someone is pressuring you and your forced to play defensively. You need to mix it up alittle, I seen NO mind games at all. No shield-canceled spindashes, no charging up and jumping and using different attacks out of that, there was none of that type of stuff, which in the end I think thats why SonicLucario was able to beat you because I think he began predicting what you were going to do. WAY too many smashes and not enough tilts or grabs, you used up-tilt alittle but you used barely any forward tilts and no down-tilts at all (and down-tilt is an awesome move because it opens up a few options for combos.) Don't take anything I say offensively because I'm just giving you some constructive critisim and I think if you implement a few new things you'll become better.
Spinshotting is a mind game. ;D

But yeah I didn't use any Dtilts, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, I usually use it much more often, I guess since he's DDD I figured I could get away with Smashes more. I think the Sonic ditto shows me doing some tilts, not too sure though. I usually do throw it in though.

Also, I can play defensively, (and I guess I should have said this in the OP) but the reason why the videos were recorded in the first place was for a Combo video he's making. I tried being all fancy and stuff lol.

@twinkle twinkle little star: Yeah, you're right D: I should pursue off the edge much more often. Thanks for that.

Sp3ed0fSoUnD

Smash Cadet
Well you have a great Sonic but honestly I think you use the spring=>Dair combo too much, I'm surprised your opponent didnt catch it at some point

And I think you could have SH Faired a little more, works great on D3 since he's such a big target, but other then that you're really good

Top Bottom