• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Moar Tech Plz" Trailer-Edge Canceling, Pivoting, and More

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Deal with it you trailer haters.

Ater watching phannatics, and silent wolf's tech video, i was inspired to start my own.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NbsoRpc2w0

Includes edge canceling, pivoting, and other stuff. There are mistakes, but it was put together quickly(from about 15 minutes worth of recording). The final product will be much cleaner.

I already have some more things in mind, but if you have any suggestions for things I could do, please post them.

Thanks SW for having a vid with that music, I love it.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
SYYG?

This is cool, kinda was hoping it'd be a video about actually teching and cool stuff with techs. Still good though.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
SYYG-super yoyo glitch i think- simna would say that of course, him being the awesome ness player that he is.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
The double pivots (that's the actual term for the technique) at 1:45 aren't especially difficult. Try doing some double pivot tilts if you want something really flashy for the final vid.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
cool
i know ss is pretty consistent with edge canceling in matches. pretty scary, he can combo off them
correction, he does combo off them.

but yea nice stuff. its hard to make a vid with anything ground breaking these days cause everything is known / there are alot of technical players who already do most of the stuff. i liked the pivot jabs with marth though, god i'd hate to play someone who abuses that **** >_>

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
I know that Falcon can dash off the edge of FD and do an immediate wall jump (before using his second jump).

I don't know if he can moonwalk, turn around, and do the instant wall jump.

So include the first (it looks pretty flashy) and try to include the second (if it's possible).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I've been messing with that. I've done it out of a would be pivot edge hog, so it should be possible to do it from a moonwalk. Dunno if i'll manage it though.

@zomo, define double pivot. you mean pivoting into an attack that's in the opposite direction from what you pivoted into? I usually do timed pivots, rather than pivoting into neutral, because they're faster, so doing a double pivot tilt that way is impossible. I guess I can do it via the easier, albeit slower, method. Doing the opposite direction tilt will make it harder.

@zhu, thanks, why'd you change your SN?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Throw in Phanna's ledge-cancel to rest, because it's uber sexy and shows the power of ledge-cancelling attacks.

Top Bottom