• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

moar sonic

Browny

Smash Hater
336 hours... wut

ive got 400 playtime in brawl total, and i thought i was an addict :O

your spinshotting is just too pro for the rest of us mortals. that MK sure loved his worst move lol. only critique i can think of... less constant uthrow. against someone as strong in the air as MK i would have though dthrow would be a more viable option for techchasing

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
336 hours... wut

ive got 400 playtime in brawl total, and i thought i was an addict :O

your spinshotting is just too pro for the rest of us mortals. that MK sure loved his worst move lol. only critique i can think of... less constant uthrow. against someone as strong in the air as MK i would have though dthrow would be a more viable option for techchasing
The timing on an aerial spinshot is less precise then a grounded one.

I upthrow at low percents to combo it into a upsmash, Ophy Combo :) nothing special really.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
God that metaknight was bad. It got to the point where I would have figured you could just camp and wait for him to side-b into you. He had no short hopped aerials (at least not many) and was pretty noob for the most part. I want to say your Sonic looked good but you need to put it up against a better competitor.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
God that metaknight was bad. It got to the point where I would have figured you could just camp and wait for him to side-b into you. He had no short hopped aerials (at least not many) and was pretty noob for the most part. I want to say your Sonic looked good but you need to put it up against a better competitor.
And I have, go look at my friend's Samus vs Sonic videos. Although those videos are old =[

That metaknight was my nephew, and the intention of the video was to help other players by watching my playstyle.

NNID
MasterHavik
**** you freaking man handle that metaknight. I have some trouble with that guy as Sonic. but you just stomp a ****ing mudhole in the MK's user @$$. I only have one question about you playstyle. What with the dashes off the stage during the match. Is that like a keep away game with your foe or something.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I think the spin shotting off the stage was just to be random and mess with the opponent's head.

Overall nice Sonic, even though MK wasn't that good. I still say your Sonic is interesting. Nice spin shotting, your failed ones make it into even more of a mind game. Just don't up throw too much I guess, just to keep your opponent guessing.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I think the spin shotting off the stage was just to be random and mess with the opponent's head.

Overall nice Sonic, even though MK wasn't that good. I still say your Sonic is interesting. Nice spin shotting, your failed ones make it into even more of a mind game. Just don't up throw too much I guess, just to keep your opponent guessing.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
**** you freaking man handle that metaknight. I have some trouble with that guy as Sonic. but you just stomp a ****ing mudhole in the MK's user @$$. I only have one question about you playstyle. What with the dashes off the stage during the match. Is that like a keep away game with your foe or something.
The spinshot onto the stage was something I was working on last night. I realized when I did a spinshot onto the stage of Yoshi's island, I had some foward momentum that made me slid just a bit. With this I tryed to add some moves and such. I applied it to the other neutral maps and it could be used as a way to manipulate the opponent or something like that. I was just testing it in that video.

Also as I mentioned before, a aerial spinshot is much easier to time then a grounded. I also liked using the spinshot as I did in the video to keep the pressure on my opponent. My playstyle is similiar to Futile's as in I like to keep pressure on the enemy and be aggressive.

Also lol, I think uthrow has the most percent damage out of all Sonic's throws. The more damage, the better.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Also as I mentioned before, a aerial spinshot is much easier to time then a grounded. I also liked using the spinshot as I did in the video to keep the pressure on my opponent. My playstyle is similiar to Futile's as in I like to keep pressure on the enemy and be aggressive.

Also lol, I think uthrow has the most percent damage out of all Sonic's throws. The more damage, the better.
I always thought it was the same. Unless you're using the ASC > C-stick spinshot.

Percentage-wise and move-for-move, Uthrow does the most damage and is probably one of Sonic's better game-starters. But D-throw allows for tech-chasing.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Hey Nice Sonic, ur almost as good as me using Spin Shot, try coming out of it with an attack rather than just using it 4 mind games a bit more ...by the way you need to get a vid with someone better bc that MK was Just BAD so we cant really see ur actuall skill ....

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
And I have, go look at my friend's Samus vs Sonic videos. Although those videos are old =[

That metaknight was my nephew, and the intention of the video was to help other players by watching my playstyle.
But... that was a SAMUS and you LOST.

Top Bottom