• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moar Matador

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
New vids. A couple live ones as well. Watch in high quality for high quality.

Matador + Mario + Live matches = SUPAH SAIYAJIN!

*ahem*
Slim(Mario) |Yoshi's Island
Slim(Mario) |Halberd
BigRed(Yoshi) |Smashville
Anonymous(Pikachu) |Smashville
Xerg(Link) |Norfair
Xerg(Link) |Battle Field
Ajb(Diddy) |Final Destination
Ajb(Diddy) |Yoshi's Island
Ajb(Diddy) |Battle Field

Prolly the best/closest matches. Play with music

DarkNES386(Sonic) |Final Destination
DarkNES386(Sonic) |Battle Field
DarkNES386(Sonic) |Battle Field

Lulz @ 2:8 match-up

Anti23D(G&W) |Final Destination
Anti23D(G&W) |Battle Field
Mr.R(G&W) |Final Destination
Mr.R(G&W) |Final Destination

Lulz @ Snake being easier than G&W

Mpire(Snake) |Delfino Plaza
Mpire(Snake) |Final Destination
Mpire(Snake) |Final Destination

Epic JO~P Vid dangerous to overlook

Para(Wario) |Castle Siege

Had a few vids vs Rykoshet, ChromePirate, and DarkP.ch, but apparently my Brawl disc can't read Ike or Kirby anymore (/Rykoshet), The vids vs ChromePirate are just stupid (/ChromePirate), and I can't find the DarkP.ch disc since all of those matches were too long for replay but I wanted them anyways.

Plus...DarkP.ch makes my Mario look scrubby XD

Looking for Critique vs Snake, anywhere else keep your comments to yourself :laugh:
Edit: I'm kidding btw. I need critique on everything

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
man our mario's metagames so contradict from each other, you play losely with mario at smart at the same time, while i play quick and tricky at the same time. I dunno, might make an interesting ditto match wouldn't you say?

All in all, nice mario bro...

BTW, believe it or not, fireball spamming is my answer to snake. His priority is insane, yet he can't really motar slide over a fire ball. Try Fludding dropped grenades, or catching them....

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
My god. That Snake was awesome. I've never seen a Snake so comfortable with using his aerials.

One critique I can give is that you spent too much time trying to hit him instead of finding the window of opportunity to punish. Other than that I can't help much. Haven't fought that type of Snake before. >_<

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
My god. That Snake was awesome. I've never seen a Snake so comfortable with using his aerials.

One critique I can give is that you spent too much time trying to hit him instead of finding the window of opportunity to punish. Other than that I can't help much. Haven't fought that type of Snake before. >_<
I have, and its pretty scary, nearly all of snakes moves have insane priority over mario plus extra strength to boot. I found my self attacking only inbetween attacks and playing away from snake....

This is where sakurai really messed up...big time.

In order to play a pro snake, a mario must take there time to study the movements of snake and counter attack. Fireball spamming is a must from a distance, to stop his attacks. IN the air i suggest not trying to airdodge or attack towards snake, you'll seriously will eat his boots...

bobson

Smash Lord
You're a terrible player. You didn't pop a single Smashville balloon.

Seriously, though, I don't have any big criticisms, but I do have some helpful bits of advice:
Always keep a FLUDD charged against Link. Give them a reason to not use their up-B on the ground.
Diddy Kong's bananas can be reliably used against him if you're familiar with them. If you can find some real men, (read: items players) play some matches with banana peels only on medium or high to learn how they work.
At high percents, you can get a free kill on Game&Watch by baiting him into bucketing one of your fireballs and smashing him in the lag. Be sure you can take his last stock before trying this if you know it'll fill his bucket, though.
Offensive up-B. Most people don't expect it, and it adds another hit to aerial combos if they're knocked out of your reach.
You can usually get five or six utilts off on Snake if you hit him with it at 0%. You probably already know this, though.

Also, those two videos you uploaded of Mr.R are the same match.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Fireballs are good from rushing him, but it looks like the snake player can get around them with ease. Also, maybe you shouldn't rush in the air so much matador, since Snake's n air basically destroys your approach. I'm thinking stick to the ground most of the time.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Matador, abuse the FLUDD more on G&W, you would of destroyed him you had used it more.

Dam good Mario!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Had a few vids vs Rykoshet, ChromePirate, and DarkP.ch, but apparently my Brawl disc can't read Ike or Kirby anymore (/Rykoshet), The vids vs ChromePirate are just stupid (/ChromePirate), and I can't find the DarkP.ch disc since all of those matches were too long for replay but I wanted them anyways.
Wait.. you too? Do you and BlackWaltzX play on the same Wii or something? Because he has the same exact problem (disc doesn't read ike or kirby)..

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wait.. you too? Do you and BlackWaltzX play on the same Wii or something? Because he has the same exact problem (disc doesn't read ike or kirby)..
We actually made a group about it on AiB :laugh:

The way our Wii's spin apparently scratches the disc and kills the data with Kirby and Ike on it. I also can't see the 2nd-to-last cinema on Mario Galaxy or play Gohan/Kid trunks on Tenkaichi 2. They all have identical scratches.

Edit @ Bobson: Nice one Matador...you uploaded 2 of the same matches XD
Edit2: 2nd Vid of Mr.R is fixed.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Good Mario!! Also that yoshi match was embarrasing, but the yoshi was decent.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Good Mario!! Also that yoshi match was embarrasing, but the yoshi was decent.
Thanks, and that was the best Yoshi on my replays. I had a few of Mmac but I put them on my SD card...and I can't find em. Mmac actually ended up winning most of those matches.

Edited the first post with DarkNES386 vids. Prolly the best ones.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
That Snake was a monster. Only thing you could've done was stay in face but retreat slightly with fireballs. Try to counter his move, instead of rushing in by jumping, making the first move yourself. Like all snakes, they always A,A when you up next to them. His use of Nair was creatively amazing though. Created a wall on you. As well as his use of every move actually, forcing you to avoid one and get hit by another..I've never versed anything like that before so it''s up in the air lol.

Top Bottom