• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MMGS: My Anti-Stall

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=1031]MMGS: My Anti-Stall[/drupal]

I saw a couple of new "argh teh stallings" threads so I figured I should specifically address this issue and lay out in a detailed manner how exactly it is that MetamindgameSpam renders Stalling impotent. Like, it can't have babies. The bloodline of Stalling will be ended in one superb stroke. Look at said stroke below:

The idea behind Stalling is that one can win based off of a stock lead or even percentage, so they avoid you at all costs once they gain said lead in order to win based off that due to time constraints. However, there is one fatal flaw to this strategy.

Stalling works on the idea of time running out. But what is Time? Is Time akin to a stream, and we are merely pebbles experiencing it as it flows past us, or is Time more like a road that we ourselves walk forwards on?

The above two notions are both piles of steaming turds. Time is one-half of the Space-Time continuum. If you travel close to lightspeed, this causes time dilation, but I won't get into that. Let's just say that if you go fast enough, you are affected by time at a slower pace than normal. If you travel at the speed of light, time ceases to affect you at all, et cetera.

Now think about this: The only thing faster than light is thought, and MetamindgameSpamming revolves completely in the realm of thought rather than light.

Back to the Space-Time continuum. Notice that Space is half of said continuum. They are part of the same thing, what affects one affects the other.

Now take the above two paragraphs and put them together. MetamindgameSpamming is faster than light due to being a mental process. This means that, provided you mastered MMGS, you will be unaffected by time, rendering Stalling useless.

Moreover, since what affects Time affects Space as well, and this is METAmindgamespamming we're talking about, your MMGSing can be used to affect the Space WITHIN the game.

In short, whenever some lamer tries to stall for the win (I'd have been Sandbagging the entire time to charge up my MetamindgameSpam, of course), I simply use MMGS to cut off my association with time, shift around the In-Game space so that my character is right next to my opponents, resume the time flow and take off my opponents stock.

MetamindgameSpammers never stall because it is counterproductive to MetamindgameSpamming, so that is a nonissue, in case you were wondering.

|WARNING|

Now that I have imparted to you this knowledge, I should caution you all not to be so eager to warp the fabric of Space and Time to your whim with MMGS. As the creator of MMGS, even I find this most extreme use of MMGS to be fairly difficult. Every time I do it, I start tasting purple. So, be careful out there, don't get drunk with power, et cetera.

|End Note|

See? It pays to go to college, kids. College improves your Smash playing.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
You know, i think stalling could be unbanned now, since this is of course an effective counter to it which only requires you to think a little bit more about what you do.
Thanks for enlightening us, you are our hero!
And i am serious btw

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So wait, how does MMGS make stalling stop having babies? Is it because MMGS does all the time stuff, stopping stalling, and that leads to stalling not able to have babies? Or is it something else?

And once you're in the in-game space, what is the best way to approach your opponent? Wouldn't you not be able to move as well, rendering this useless?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The easiest way to end stalling would be play Spear Pillar Dialga/Palkia were it not for the loop.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Stalling is rendered impotent by the sheer awesome of MMGS.

Another way of putting it is that since MMGS trumps Stalling utterly, no one will ever use Stalling ever again.

And yes, time is stopped, so your character cannot conventionally move, which is why you must use MetamindgameSpam further in order to rearrange the In-Game Space so that your character is next to their character, resume the time flow, and land the money hit.

Or DON'T land the money hit, for more MetamindgameSpam (Look! I stopped time and warped space, and STILL didn't hit you! *your opponent's brain eats itself at this point*)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The olympics finished. China stopped buying oil, price of oil went back to normal. A black man got elected for President. Our troops are still in Iraq. Something came out that has the potential to end the world. We call it Twilight.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Vorguen brings up a good point. We need to combine our MetamindgameSpamming might all over the world to nullify the impending doom generated by Twilight.

We can have a barbecue afterwards.

Scott!

Smash Lord
We must be careful in our battle against the spreading evil that is Twilight, though. Remember, the Twilight vampires can use their sparkly skin to distract us from our MMGS.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I doubt it, they would be too busy being homosexuals. With MMGS we can definitely bend the time and space continuum enough to where we can just abort them all before they were even born. Kill them at the root. Same goes for the woman who wrote the story, but we should torture her fetus first.

All in favor?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Aye.

I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore, otherwise I'd have the puke at every teenage girl wearing an Edward or James T-shirt.

More specifically, I'd puke ON them.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
That does it. For Vorguen's sake, we must unite and drive away the lame, pop culture-ridden, pathetic excuse for literature/cinema and bring all those who are brainwashed and lost back from that horrid realm.

Thank goodness I never read the book, but these girls dragged me to the movie and I was forced to watch it. To be honest, I thought the baseball scene was hilarious.

Purple tastes like centrifugal force.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Dude, I read the book because my girlfriend asked me to. I had no idea what Twilight was, and since she said "it is about vampires" I was like ehh why not since I love to read. So yeah, I read the book with her, and, decided from that moment on, If I ever have any shred of manhood and dignity left I will never, ever, ever, watch that movie.

I am still suffering from aftershock and permanent mental degradation from the book to begin with.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I never read the book despite numerous friends (all girls of course) telling me to, in part because a friend of mine told me that in the book you get to read Bella's thoughts, which are apparently pretty much an endless and nauseating train of "he's so beautiful!" that is completely devoid of literary quality or human mercy.

My condolences to you, sir. I can only pray that you rise above the trauma and not hate all urban fantasy as a result of your unfortunate experience (sometimes the genre can be good. I mean, it's never classy, but it can be okay)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The quick answer to everything you said is..... No.

:(

The book and movie is the most pathetic excuse to win money. They target young girls who think like Bella does and use it as an excuse to make something like that become popular. I hate how this replaces real literature and art.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. The only reason I sat through the whole movie is because it wouldn't have been right to leave my friends in the theatre, and more importantly because Edward made the stupidest faces.

I fail to understand why it's popular, but that's pop culture for you. Moral of the story: People have no taste, and the people that do have good taste make the most use out of their position by making fun of others for having no taste, which is pretty tasteless, but still better probably.

Wait, what?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
All I can say is that Twilight is a fad. Sure, there'll be a few diehard fans who will weather the years, but for the most part, popular things have a short shelf life. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner of course) people will come to a general consensus that Twilight actually sucks, or simply forget about it in favor of the next incredibly stupid thing.

Try to slow down your slide until then. You might just make it. And hope all the females in your life aren't the diehard fans.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
You need to recommend your girl some better books.

Unfortunately, the only book series I allow myself to follow in the Urban Fantasy genre is The Dresden Files, which fits into the "good but not classy" category.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
My girlfriend reads some good books, she reads a lot too. Unfortunately, she got sucked into the whirling vortex of sh** that is Twilight.
That statement made me want to turn this into a "who hate Twilight?" general discussion.

ps:there is this guy in our highschool who looks like a twilight "vampire". since vampire appearantly sparkle in the sunlight, we call him "sparkles"

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Twilight has a disturbingly powerful pull to some people despite everything.

I mean, I have a cousin who just got her Master's degree in English, and she ended up reading all of the Twilight books.

There's something deeply and innately wrong about that.

Purple tastes like passenger pigeons.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
That explains why Hitler committed suicide by not only shooting himself, but poisoning himself beforehand.

After Satan had finished making Hitler write Twilight, he left Hitler's body. Hitler, despite committing some of the most horrendous atrocities in the history of humanity, looked down at the book, skimmed a few chapters, and decided he was not worthy of life.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Call me underprivileged, but I have not yet come across ANYTHING that would make living through Twilight worth it.

These "girlfriends" of which you speak must be entirely different from what they are on my planet.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
so.........I'm assuming the other one is you?

and "awww how cute" or whatever it is one is supposed to say at this moment in time. Just because I'm not good at saying it doesn't mean I don't mean it.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Thanks, yes, why would I post a picture of my girlfriend and someone else. I just in all reality I went back and read everything I posted, and I felt kind of guilty. I felt almost like I was making fun of her. In all truthfulness yeah I do not like Twilight one bit but it doesn't matter anyway that I have to be confronted with it with my girlfriend, she is very much worth it. Just the same as her, she has to be confronted with my constant Brawl-ness / other video games.

Anyway, back on track before this becomes a sensitivityfest.

I will be applying MMGS to it's maximum at my tournament this month. :p

I'm thinking of MMGS myself through time and raising my opponents percentage while we are still barely selecting stages.

With MMGS not only will I always have the best character to select because I will know already who he is picking, but I will be able to three stock anyone with Falcon. Although, for better use of MMGS I might purposely let my opponent take off the first stock, just to have that extra edge.

it's all hypothetical of course, I may just flow through time and murder the competition.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Ah....tournaments...

Just makes you want to exemplify and advertise MetamindgameSpam while broadcasting Twilight hate, huh?

And hey, if you're going to represent Metamindgamespam, why not join the social group? I need more minions well-treated and respected members of my organization slaves to my will.

Top Bottom