• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Anaheim Pro Pools Announced

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
The Pro Pools for MLG Anaheim were announced yesterday on MLG.tv. Matches from these pools will be streamed throughout the championship weekend, alongside matches from the 1024 man open bracket. With this many top players competing against each other right off the bat, there are sure to be several memorable sets in the Group stage. Take a look below to see who will be facing off during pool play come June 20-22. MLG Anaheim features the largest prize pool that Smash has seen since the 2010 MLG Dallas Championships. Anaheim will pay out $15,000 to the top 8 players.

Championship Groups A and B for MLG Anaheim
Are the pools balanced? What stars got stuck in the harder pool? Do you see any dark horses making their way through the open bracket to challenge these twelve players for the championship? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit will have his popcorn ready for Anaheim. Pull up a seat next to him on the internet-couch on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Maybe it's just me, but seeing the logos by these pro players names put a smile on my face. We really have come a long way *Sniff*

Anyhow..I'm expecting Armada to take this.

Last edited:

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
inb4 m2k wins mlg

Not gonna lie though, group A is relatively stacked. And as much as I love amsa, group B is pretty much a toss up between armada and mango, whereas group a could go to leffen, M2K or PP. Regardless, I think M2K can take it.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I want to see Armada take this one home with him because he plays so amazingly and with so much talent, not that any players up here aren't talented. However, I get the feeling that in the very end, PPMD is going to take over because he is just so good with his Falco.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I'm voting for Group B. They have Hbox, Armada, and Mango. Hbox is love, Hbox is life.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
I feel like this is Hax's moment here. Here's to him doing well

Drover

Smash Cadet
Wow, Zero worked his way up to the top in Melee very quickly. When M2K used to be in ClashTournaments he must've taught Zero something.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
inb4 aMSa wins and takes all that sweet MLG money back to japan. (Go armada though)

But seriously, a yoshi main in MLG at 2014? How amazing is life.

:yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee:
:yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee::yoshimelee:

Last edited:

DrMcNugget

Smash Apprentice
ZeRo vs Hungrybox will be HYPE! ZeRo has beaten both Darc and S0ft before and Hungrybox always drops games to fox's and sometimes even sets (lovage at genesis? / leffen at apex). Also Hax vs Leffen! Armada vs Hungrybox rematch! Westballz vs Armada rematch!

Last edited:

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Group B looks so crazy right now.

M2K vs. ZeRo in last match, former team mates duke it out.
Or
M2K vs. Armada rematch, shot at redemption for M2K to make up for Apex.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I'm lookin at PPMD to destroy Leffen and beat out M2k.

Armada and Mango will make it out.

Leaving us with Mango v M2K and PPMD v Armada!

I love PPMD, and I'm really excited for all of this.

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I heard about them. Not good things either.
Mew2King asserts that Triforce hasn't wronged him, but I'm inclined to believe his notions of being wronged are a bit more...material than other people's.

The anecdotal evidence that EMP is a shady group is overwhelming sometimes. While Justin Wong and other former members tend not to imply anything explicitly bad about the group when speaking publicly, the hearsay about things like the multiple Arks, docked tournament earnings, and some troubling minutiae tend to pop up whenever EMP is being discussed.

People just don't trust them. And I am one of those people.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Mew2King - NJ/SoCal
PPMD - North Carolina
Leffen - Sweden
s0ft - Georgia
Hax - NY
Remen - Netherlands
Mango - Ohio
Hungrybox - Florida/AZ
Armada - Sweden
ZeRo - Chile
aMSa - Japan
Westballz - SoCal

Diversity man.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
If Mango takes this seriously, I can see him finishing top 2. I'll be rooting for aMSa and s0ft for this tournament.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Gotta go with my boy PPMD.
I'm seriously looking at PPMD to take it all. His performances since Apex have all been overwhelmingly dominating. He's taken his game to a new level, and he has an ironclad mindset. Since being picked up by EG, his resolve and passion have been channeled more effectively, I think.

PPMD is a force to reckon with, and many will find their reckoning in it.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Where's Ken and KDJ? I thought I read that they were going to be there.
This is strictly the players who have already qualified for the finals bracket by winning a qualifier or getting enough points from the qualifiers. There are more spots (4 I think?) that come from the open bracket.

Last edited:

strawhats

Smash Master
This is strictly the players who have already qualified for the finals bracket by winning a qualifier or getting enough points from the qualifiers. There are more spots (4 I think?) that come from the open bracket.
is there a confirmed list yet of the final entrants list/singles total. I wonder how many people will end up going to MLG, compared to the supposed near 1,000 players I heard that are going to EVO?

Last edited:
Top Bottom