• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG 2014 Feedback / Discussion

Bones0

Smash Legend
I just don't understand the hate towards Brawl... it's like it's the same series why would you spend so much energy hating on one of the sequels because you don't like it.
If you don't understand why people hate barlw, you're not even trying to. As far as expending energy on it, no one does... It's not like me or any other Melee players go around to barlw tournaments and pickett them or something. There is no active goal to destroy the barlw community, but it's hard not to make fun of such an awful game when people bring it up like a serious fighting game.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
If you aren't saying barlw should get an equal amount of stream time, then we're in agreement. I have no problem with barlw being streamed if there are competitors competing and spectators spectating, but it should be scaled the same as any tournament stream. Apex had a ton of Smash streams compared to traditional fighters, and I don't think anyone can complain about that because there were so many more Smash players/spectators.

MLG actually isn't supporting P:M for obvious reasons, and it's pretty clear barlw was an afterthought. Evidence of this is laid out quite clearly in the first post:
Solid Jake has said more than once that Melee/Brawl will be treated evenly, unless one performs better than the other. That could very well mean that if there's an MLG event with more interest in Brawl than Melee, then Brawl will be the focus. Am I saying this is going to be the norm? Obviously not, I'm more realistic than that. But just because Melee's a "better game" (i.e. more popular) doesn't mean it's going to get some special privelege before Brawl even gets a chance to get on stage.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Solid Jake has said more than once that Melee/Brawl will be treated evenly, unless one performs better than the other. That could very well mean that if there's an MLG event with more interest in Brawl than Melee, then Brawl will be the focus. Am I saying this is going to be the norm? Obviously not, I'm more realistic than that. But just because Melee's a "better game" (i.e. more popular) doesn't mean it's going to get some special privelege before Brawl even gets a chance to get on stage.
The most popular games always get more privileges at tournaments...

Top Bottom