• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK no beginner character! <<

Staco

Smash Champion
i hear a lot of people telling mk is a good beginner character, because he was good at the demos
why are they so sure
I saw nobody playing him extremly good
maybe this form of goodness, beacuse mk is normal so good
I saw timmy playing, but it was only normal good I tihnk, I think MK could be played much much better
why everyone says he is a beginner character, because everyone can play good with him
I would say in ssbm everyone can play good with marth
and, look ken, is he only a normal player with marth, because everyone can play him good? <<
its idiot, that everyone says that at mk
we will see, I say, that there will be extrem good mk players, not only good players (because of evreyone can play good with mk)
think he will have some ultra combos and so

oh, and I heard some people say, he cant kill very good
I dont think so
edgeguarding
or do you believe that other speed characters can kill better
look diddy and so on
they wont kill better, too, because thats normal for speed light characters <<

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
MK seems to be the SSBB equivalent of Sheik, extreme combo power with KOs for the most part requiring a significant amount of edgeguarding. And yes, Sheik was considered a very noob friendly character, so it seems MK is going to be the same way.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When someone says Meta Knight is good for beginners it doesn't mean that Meta Knight is a simple, shallow, or broken character. It just means he's good for beginners. The reasons given were: speed of attacks, multi-hits, and excellent recovery.

In regards to his lack of KO power, this was not taking into account edge-guarding, obviously. It was mentioned because of the noticeable difference in Meta Knight's ability to get unaided, solid KOs except at high damage. Items were also not taken into account in this observation.

Ztarfish, don't compare Meta Knight to Shiek.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight was toned down from his previous self since the demo so he is harder to use. Also I agree with T!MmY about most of what he said in his second and 3rd paragraphs.

Top Bottom