• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mista Sinista's guide to the Gerudo King Ganondorf *NEW COMBO SECTION ADDED*

*Fuse*

Smash Cadet
Lol... like 15 billion bumps by Mista Sinista. Ok i'm exaggerating...

I think the guide's a good jump start on learning how to play Ganondorf. At least a newb can sorta learn the ropes. I agree that putting combos in is a bit unnecessary in guides, because unless you developed the skills, you can't pull off the combos. When you do get that good, you can make up your own.

So props to Mista Sinista, that bumping freak :p

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Uh, s0me keys in my keyb0ard meIted due t0 my br0ther spraying WD40 0n them, s0 i have t0 repIace them with 0ther signs)

In my 0pini0n, this "guide" was t00 newb-0riented, and didn't c0ntribute much, except f0r s0me advanced c0ncepts f0r newbs.

H0wever, c0ngrats 0n the eff0rt y0u put int0 it.

man, it's heII t0 write Iike this....

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Originally posted by *Fuse*
Lol... like 15 billion bumps by Mista Sinista. Ok i'm exaggerating...

I think the guide's a good jump start on learning how to play Ganondorf. At least a newb can sorta learn the ropes. I agree that putting combos in is a bit unnecessary in guides, because unless you developed the skills, you can't pull off the combos. When you do get that good, you can make up your own.

So props to Mista Sinista, that bumping freak :p
LOL! Guess what? BUMP! LOL

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Ah, sure thing. One question though, should i add a combo section to my guide? Here are some that I made, I'll only put easy and simple ones though, because it's better to do beginner, then advanced, then expert combos. Here they are:
1) Dash attack, tilt attack in the opposite direction and up. Meaning if you dash to the right, tilt in a diagonal up left manner. To get this to work, don't hit with the beginning of the dash attack, because it won't finish fast enough, hit with around the middle of it.
2) Grab, knee once or twice, throw down, short jump, stomp. Without kneeing, this sends the opponent on the floor with a hefty 29%.
3) Jab, Jab, Tilt forward, forward smash. Now to get this one to work you may need to use the c stick to go fast enough, but that's not a problem. The jab is of course his A attack.

That's all I can think of right now because I just woke up, I'll post more later. Also, learn item combos if you put them on. Like last night, I beat FoxZoRz and his little brother (ok, he was bad) with a lip's stick around 2-3 times. Learn how to do that, it sure helps :D

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I know this isn't my guide but I can't help but say..

G-Dorf has a great Crouch Cancel Counter. Meaning you wait for the opponent to come in range or attack you, if you don't move with the CC, you can ta A to retaliate. Now, I've built a LOT of combos off of this..

(I'll call A jab and Down A sweep)
1.Sweep to Short Spike
2. Sweep to Jab, Jab, Side Smash.
3. Sweep to throw down, Smash B and Spike.
4. Sweep, Short Spike, L Cancel, Jab, side Smash.

You see how it's going, basically you use sweep to trap them low and use big moves to finish, and if you time things right you can keep it going with the Jab.

Hope that helps you guys..

-n00b

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
The most important thing before I put a combo section is, n00b, can I have your permission to put those combos in my guide? And regarding your question, a good wavedance combo is, to run at the opponent, wavedash backwards, then tilt forward, smash forward, or wavedash back at the opponent and either grab or jab them. If you jab, then use one of the combos already stated. Hope that helped and I hope I can use those combos n00b.

Hide N Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Bump!

You wouldnt happen to have any more would you Mista Sinista. And that sweep jab combo works great,it works best on opponets like fox and falco if you use the down a sweep when there useing there dash a attack it will keep them from juggling you around.

Choronis

Smash Lord
heres a combo that is quite deadly IMO (works best at low %'s)

jab, jab, down A, jab, down A etc.

u can easily rack up 50% damage with this combo and at low %'s, the enemy wont go that far, making the combo execution easier

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I have a quick question for Meteor Smash recovery - don't you have to hold down L, R or Z and jump after being hit? It doesn't seem to work without those three buttons.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I've personnally never done it because I've never had to, but my neighbor FoXzoRz tries it a lot against me and it never works, so Radius, I think you're right and I'm going to edit it right now.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
It seems you can't recover from some meteor smashes though... you should've seen my post in B's Compendium in the MBR. While you can survive Mario's Meteor Smash at 200+%, I've never recovered from Marth's Meteor Smash before. (Also, you might want to state you can use L/R/Z with X/Y if you already used your mid-air jump - you'll only have your Up B left.)

And I never commented on your Ganondorf guide; it's really good in general. All the strategies you posted while fighting the computers are still effective to human players who play alike. Being the only deity I know of in Pimp's test, well you get lots of respect from me :p. Hmmm, I was wondering, maybe you should state some of Ganondorf's weaknesses so players will know what to not let the opponent take advantage of, and how to get around the weakness from being abused in the first place.

Also, maybe you could edit your moves list and state which ones are Meteor Smashes. I know you stated G's Meteor Smashes many times in the strategy section, but it's hard to find where in the text (you wrote alot!). It would be nice if it was put at a clear, easy reference place.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I'll add it here. Ganondorf has two meteor smashes, his Aerial Down A, and his Aerial Down B. Depending on how you hit, it will hit the opponent in different directions. Use this to your advantage to edge guard. If you hit the left side of the opponent, they'll go right and vice versa, while straight goes straight. The Wizard's Foot can also be used to spike, but it's hard to pull off because of the diagonal angle. What you do is double jump, then wizard's foot at the peak of your second jump, then double jump again (you can if you do an aerial wizard's foot) then Dark Dive (Up B) back onto the stage. The reason why you have to time it so that you attack at the peak of your second jump is that because the attack sends him so low, any delay will most likely result in you not recovering. Perfect your timing and placement and nobody will make it back to the stage.
Ganondorf's weaknesses: Ganondorf isn't the fastest character, but still isn't the slowest. Learn how much lag and recovery there is to every move to annihilate any slow down. Also, because Ganondorf's so strong, when you link his moves together (combo) the opponent is pretty much screwed. Don't let Ganondorf's lack of speed get to you, make up for it with constant attacks. Once in range, attack like crazy and make the opponent's % skyrocket. I don't mean throw whatever you can, make some custom combos in training or something like that that way you don't act like an idiot and pay. I guess that's pretty much it, and thank you for the great comments Radius.

smashdude21

Smash Ace
Whats a meteor smash, isn't that when you send the opponent at an upward forward or backward angle?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
MS, check my topic on G-dorf's third meteor smash. Maybe if you can try to pull it off, you can add it to your guide.

Darkfire Marth

Smash Apprentice
Ohk!

I just played around with Ganondorf today and fought some Level 9's. Here are my two cents on Ganondorf:

In the combo section of this guide, I noticed that almost all of them started with CCC. I have figured out how his down-A works. (Everything stated in this post was tested on oppenents around 30%-40%)If you hit with the thigh of his leg, the opponent will go in a more horizontal direction. If you hit with the shin or lower, the enemy will go vertically. This is why I was wondering why some of those combos didn't work at first. Now I created a combo that uses his CCC.

1. CCC with his down-A using his shin.
2. Grab the opponent and hit him if you want.
3. Throw him down.
4. Short jump spike.

This combo is easiest to pull off when the enemy is at around 30-40%. Without the hits in the grab, this combo does around 40% damage in about 2 seconds. Also, you could add a jab in between steps 1 and 2 but by doing that, makes the opponent harder to grab.

I am not an avid Ganondorf user but I can definately see why people like him.

Evil Evil Bowser

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sinista I found out something the other day when screwing around with G-Dorf. A third spike, to go along with the Gerudo Dragon and Thunder drop. If you and your opponent are in the air and you hit them with the Wizard's Foot it will send them down at the same angle as Falco's godly spike. If everyone already knew this then I'm sorry for wasting space on your guide.

Darkfire Marth

Smash Apprentice
Ohk!

EEB: The Gerudo Dragon, unfourtunately, isn't a spike. It's great that you found out about his wizard's foot though, even if lots of people knew it already.

MS: Ya sure, you can add it. Another thing I found kinda useful today is an easy finisher. Just stand near the ledge and either CC or ground-dodge and grab the person. Then throw him backwards and short jump spike him. Down he goes. The thing to this though, is that you have to be facing INWARDS and the opponent has to be at high damage. By doing this, the opponent gets flung at a sort of backwards angle. Just a little tip.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Thanks for the permission for the combo. And btw, the one you just posted (I'm talking to DarkFireMarth) I already use. I can get a KO at 0% with it when I do it well.

fooku

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Mista Sinista
Ganondorf's moves are all amazing, you should learn all of them, timing, linking them, etc. Like that?
thanks for the help u not only tauh me how to use grandorlf but also what do when i am fighting granodorl and i am not him

but still one more question how do u delt things like mairo b move with ur shelid

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Originally posted by fooku
thanks for the help u not only tauh me how to use grandorlf but also what do when i am fighting granodorl and i am not him

but still one more question how do u delt things like mairo b move with ur shelid
To reflect things with your shield, tap l or r really fast when the projectile's hitting you. Like, if you were to wait a millisecond longer, it would hit you.

fooku

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Mista Sinista

To reflect things with your shield, tap l or r really fast when the projectile's hitting you. Like, if you were to wait a millisecond longer, it would hit you.
thanks i think u should be in the back room

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Yep, MS Is in the backroom... Erm, I wonder if these guides will be posted on the SmashWorld site..

Ohh, umm.. to be on topic... uhh.. G-dorf's Down B can allow a second-mid-air jump afterward. o.o

Darkfire Marth

Smash Apprentice
Ohk!

I thought I'd bump this topic back up by saying that you can use Ganondorf's throw down repeatedly one after the other. It's a slow but sure way to rack up some damage. When you think it's enough, just spike them.

NJE789

Smash Journeyman
I just can't leave this guide alone.

I've mastered Ganondorf, almost fully, and I know tons of nasty secrets and combos at his disposal that I can't believe weren't mentioned here!
1:side B goes through projectiles right when Ganondorf starts flying forward. You can also use this as a counter to certain attacks like grabs since Ganondorf will quickly go back when you first do it. Mastering this will make human foes a little paranoid.
2:If you master it, his aerial down B can end matches alarmingly fast since it spikes foes at an angle. The key is not staying near the edge, but rather a little bit away from it.
3:Many characters can be repeatedly slammed with his down throw at low% if you learn how to link each throw. ex:for Pichu, just downthrow, but for DK, you'll need to turn around after each throw, and some characters need to be tripped. It's easy enough to end this with a nasty up smash. Note:This may not work on someone that really knows what they're doing, since I think you can roll away when he slams you if you tech out-just do it twice.
4:How to end a combo/chain with massive damage:if you up smash when the character is real close, both kicks will hit, dealing nearly 40% even without charging it. Just down throw or trip them, depends on the damage and the character, and then juggle them into oblivion(Ganondorf's quite good at juggling).
Remember, Ganondorf has decent rolls and dodges, so don't hesitate to play defensively, though it's best to just counter attacks, since Ganondorf's B moves have a habit of overpowing other opponent's special attacks ex:his wizard's foot(down B) plows right through yoshi's egg roll, fox/falco's illusion dash, Falcon's raptor boost, and up B move will grab a bombing bowser or yoshi. There's probably more moves his have priority over, but I don't care to list them, and hey- it's half the fun finding out how to play rock-paper-scissors with the moves, right? Yoshi's a tough foe for Ganondorf... I really think they balance out against each other, and it'll be a tough fight for either if both are good.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Whoa, I forgot I wrote this guide :p. Anyways, yeah I knew all that stuff, but I didn't feel like adding it I guess (like I'm supposed to remember lol). Yeah Yoshi's hard, Yoshi's insane. And because of the styles, Yoshi is tough as nails compared to the others when fighting as the G man. If you want me to add that stuff, just tell me, and I will when I come online this weekend.

BRIC

Smash Cadet
Just new to the forums...I hear you on how GD is power if you have the handle, I was wondering though on How Yoshi is a hard char to fight against...Yoshi is tough I can agree if you are fighting a master, but In comparence to GD It takes almost nothing to destroy him, a strat might be.
Forward + A, Run + A, A, tilt down + A, and Smash Up

To work agaisnt Yoshi's ground pound, do a Smash Up, It'll stop him easily, if you can time it right, if you C stick it just before he reachs you, the chances of you hitting him are fairly good, with the first kick, and if you miss you have even better chances of nailing him with the stronger second kick. The unforntunate part though is that the chances of you getting hit aswell arn't in your favour, though since you had nailed him first, while he's still recovering you can get away easily. GDs Recover attack(Up+B) is also good for getting that green egg throwing beast away from you because if you happen to get him with it and his % is low, after you blow him away you have more then enough time to nail him with the wizard foot (Down B in the air) If you happen to be on the edge, and you nail him with the purple foot He's gonna go down like a rock water.

Another thing that might help some people out there is that GD Even though slow, His 3d dodge is fast and has a somewhat good range. If an enemy is coming towards you try to get behind him and do a simple jab. There isn't any need for a smash because the jab, will knock him away add add up % like anything. It also has lots of speed behind it. I find using little attacks tends to bring in anger of your enemy (assuming it's a human player) Which in a long run gives you the advantage because they are getting frustrated in trying to hit you and start pulling out smashs and other things to try and KO you. GD's attacks are notihng but pure power, Try not to use smashs if you can help it. though they have power, the recovery time is nasty, his normal attacks are fast, do damage, knock the person away giving you time to pull another one out or retreat, and have a good recovery time. GD's Spike (down A in the air) Is the strongest in the game, making it extremly hard to recover from. Though its possible. If you can try to work it into your attacks as much as you can, I have a great deal of fun with it. It's a great KOer if you know when to use it. If you can land the spike when a person is on the ground and the persons % is over 100, 20 out of 27 times you are going to K them in a shot right to the sky.

Top Bottom