• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Missed Alt Opportunities/Potential Alts Discussion

The only conspicuous omission to me is Zelda in Skyloft attire, plus that cute hair. I'm otherwise content with what there is.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I would've liked a Dark Bowser inspired palette swap, sort of like how Meta Knight has swaps resembling Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight (which were both alts I was hoping for <3).

I also would've liked a couple more Yoshi colors so we could have them all, especially since Little Mac apparently has twice as many alts as everyone else. But at least we did get some of the new colors for Yoshi. Better than nothing.

I also wish they had Shiny palette swaps for ALL the Pokemon... Oh well.

But overall, I'm still more than happy with the ones we got! We got quite a few cool alts!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
It'd be cool if Ness got alts of some other PSI users. Lucas is obvious (alt Lucas>>>>>>no Lucas), but a Paula or Poo alt would be cool, too. I was also thinking before Lucas was revealed to be axed about a "commander" Lucas outfit like the one he wears in Chapter 5.
It'd still be a cool Ness alt. Actually, alts of some of the cut characters in general would be nice, like Roy for Marth or Young Link for Toon Link.

No Lyra hat for Jigglypuff was also a shame.

subata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-2147-2073
missed opportunities? purple wireframe mac with a red smash bros logo on his face, just for the heck of referencing melee's multi-man melee enemies in some way. villager has sooo many missed opportunities, but one of the most missed would be not only the gamecube outfits, but actually changing the hair color and hairstyle to something.... not default, the hair color atleast...

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Mario: Dr. Mario (ugh)
Luigi: Dr. Luigi
Peach: 4 Daisy alts with name change
Bowser: Dry Bowser
Link: Ss starter outfit (no hat)
Toon Link: Outset outfit
Pit: Dark pit (ugh)
King ddd: masked dedede
Shiny pokemon
Cap falcon: blood falcon
PAC: ms PAC
Mega man: no helmet
Sonic: REAL COLORS

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I would have enjoyed Princess Hilda as a Zelda alt rather than the purple dress/blonde hair combo.

Spam-J

Smash Rookie
NNID
disco-hen-Fever
3DS FC
2208-5816-0200
A Medusa alt for Palutena (Palutena has a Medusa colored dress, but I think Medusa could have worked as an alt for Palutena too, just change the colors of the spells to black/purple)
I think Medusa should have been a clone of Palutena with darker/snakier moves instead of dark pit being a clone of pit if they only had time to add one more clone.

2D Paper versions of Mario characters as costumes would have been cute. maybe even yarn yoshi/clay kirby alts as dlc later down the line to promote the new kirby and yoshi games.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
The fact that you can use Mii's from your system as Mii fighters makes me wonder how hard it would have been to be able to include the ability to use your ACNL villager as a villager alt. I know that would require more work, but lets be real, that'd be amazing.With talk of more obscure alts, some of the board costumes from Mario Party 2 would've been a fantastic inclusion.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4wario:: Would have liked to see some palette swaps that resemble some of the WarioWare cast (ex: a yellow helmet, red jacket, and green shirt+shorts that resemble 9-volt).
:4ness:: Ninten or Lucas alts
:4villager:: Would have liked alts based off of his appearance in the older games
:4tlink:: Outset or Engineer outifts
:4zelda:: Skyloft outfit
:4fox::4falco:: Starfox Assault outfits
:4myfriends:: Brawl outfit
:4zss:: Justin Bailey outfit
:4rob:: A dark purple gamecube-like alt

ErenJager

Smash Champion
:4tlink: Minish Cap outfit, Outset outfit
:4villager: Villagers based off of your save file.
:4charizard::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4pikachu: Shiny
:4megaman: Helmetless
:4lucina: Masked
:4yoshi: Black, White (These colours are always secret unlocks in Yoshi games)

(Personally I am not a fan of making alts into separate characters, unless it flawlessly fits with the move set, including the final smash. The only ones that work really well are Olimar & Alph and I guess Ness & Lucas could too. I feel like Koopalings becoming shadow mario is lame, daisy summoning peaches is lame too. However if they go as far to cosmetically alter the visual of the final smashes I guess that's alright, ie turn peaches into flowers, or Blood Falcon drives his Blood Hawk car and not the Blue Falcon.) - Just my opinion

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:4yoshi: Black, White (These colours are always secret unlocks in Yoshi games)

Well, you got one of them. I also wish that there had been a white variant, but.. I'm more sad that there isn't an Orange one.

I feel like Yoshi deserved to have more colors... Mac's wireframe costumes just seem excessive for the character whereas Yoshi can be any color under the sun and that would've pleased everyone

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Black is in? Sweet, sudden realization no orange...
Yep, no white or orange, sadly. But if MK8 DLC is any indicator we might get them one day.

Edit: Also realized, that Pikachu does have the shiny version. It just also has a hat. It's the red variant

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Hipster Bowser, Hipster Bowser, and Hipster Bowser. Major missed opportunity. 1/10 -IGN

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Yep, no white or orange, sadly. But if MK8 DLC is any indicator we might get them one day.

Edit: Also realized, that Pikachu does have the shiny version. It just also has a hat. It's the red variant
The 7th one looks a little more accurate tough.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
:4peach: Daisy (character) alts
:4bowser: Dry Bowser or Dark Bowser
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf: Ocarina of Time variants
:4charizard: Shiny color (though there is the GSC shiny, I guess)
:4samus: PHAZON SUIT
:4lucina: Awakening OST outfit (perhaps it's a bit too much to ask for alt. costumes for a character that was originally planned as an alt. costume)
:4drmario: Dr. Luigi
:4ness: Lucas (character) alt

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:4peach:Actual Daisy.
:4bowser:Dry Bowser.
:4yoshi:White and Orange palettes.
:4wario::4wario2:The rest of his damn colours. Little Mac has sixteen...
:4link:OoT Link, Classic Link.
:4zelda:OoT Zelda, Classic Zelda, SS Zelda.
:4ganondorf:OoT Ganondorf.
:4tlink:Conductor or Outset?
:4samus:Not Other M Samus.
:4marth:Actual Roy.
:4robinm::4robinf:More alts for each gender.
:4pikachu:Female (heart tail) Pikachu.
:4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:Actual shiny palettes.
:4ness:Ninten.
:4villager:Better alts. Those last four were terrible.
:4olimar::4alph:The rest of Olimar's colours and Brittany.
:4pacman:Ms. Pac-Man

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
@ Jae Jae always has the best avatars... :L

*Cough* First order of business.

All! They shall make all! I NEEEEEEED THEM! Especially Striped Dress Peach (and Hipster Bowser.)

Other Alt's I now want to see.

:4fox:: Wolf. (at least give us a proper Wolf skin.)
:4ganondorf:,:4link:,:4zelda:,:4sheik:: Hyrule Warriors. I need those!
:4lucina:: Soundtrack White Dress Lucina. Also War Cleric. (or just Lucina in a dress in general)
:4mario:: Flying Mario from Galaxy. (Seriously? Walugi colors got in over this? Luigi already has those!)
:4megaman:: Bass. (Makes more sense than Protoman since we don't need the shield)
:4ness:: Lucas. (Same as Fox)
:4palutena:: I dunno.... Hot Spring Palutena from that 3DS anime :awesome:
:4darkpit:: Colors based from Hades or Pyrrhon. (Severe lack of Sakurai Bias there)
:4samus:: PED Suit.
:rosalina:: Biker Rosalina.
:4sonic:: Metal Sonic
:4zelda:: Hilda and Lana :awesome:
:substitute:: It's own character.

I have strangely high standards now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Cosmic Spirit Rosalina is so annoyingly missing.

Because THEY HAVE THE TEXTURE ON HER MODEL, but they only use it for a ****-block and not an alt. :I

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Here are my ideas. Bolded ones mean the name would change (like Alph and the Koopalings)

:4mario:: Sunshine Outfit
:4luigi:: Dr. Luigi
:4peach:: Daisy, Nurse Peach
:4bowser:: Dry Bowser
:rosalina:: Cosmic Spirit
:4link:: Hyrule Warriors Scarf
:4ganondorf:: Hyrule Warriors Hair
:4tlink:: Outset Island Sweater
:4pikachu:: Female Pikachu
:4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:: Shinies
:4dedede:: Dark Dedede
:4metaknight:: Galacta Knight
:4olimar:: Louie, President, Brittany, Charlie
:4ness:
: Pajamas
:4sonic:: Metal Sonic
:4megaman:: Protoman, Bass
:4pacman:: Ms. Pacman

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys, I believe it was far too late for any Hyrule Warriors content to be in Smash period. Unless the developers could have at least sent some concept art to Sakurai ahead of time like what happened with Game Freak and Greninja.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys, I believe it was far too late for any Hyrule Warriors content to be in Smash period. Unless the developers could have at least sent some concept art to Sakurai ahead of time like what happened with Game Freak and Greninja.
This thread seems less about how realistic certain options are, and more about seeing what ones are popular just on the principle of looking nice.

And of course, DLC costumes could definitely be a thing, so giving characters costumes that promote other games would not be a bad move.

Though I think any Hyrule Warriors related content being in Smash is highly unlikely, even in a few years, due to it being made by Koei Tecmo. Which is a shame, since it's a brilliant game.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
:4villager:/:4villagerf:: Classic Hats, Zap Suits
:rosalina:: Cosmic Spirit, Biker Suit
:4link:: Hyrule Warriors, cartoon Link palette
:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm:: My Wii Fit Plus routine tops, Wii Fit U Trainers
:4miibrawl:: 80's casual wear with Power Glove
:4miigun:: 80's casual wear with NES Zapper-colored gun
:4bowser:: Dry Bowser, Meowser
Everything from the New 3DS commercials. :awesome:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Mario: Dr. Mario, instead of having a different character. And all the other power ups in Mario.
Luigi: Dr. Luigi, same as above.
Yoshi: all the ones he has in MK8.

All I have atm

Top Bottom